TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
I'm here to help :)
Average Joe

Name: Brendan

I can't take this anymore... - January 16th 2009, 02:07 PM

Hey,

So some of you may or may not know but I am a recovering alcoholic. I would drink, drink and drink some more, before, during and after school- Virtually whenever I could! Now, lately, I'm being offered and tempted more and more and more to drink and in my head I'm saying no but my body is saying yes, grab that bottle and shotgun! I've been sober since July 19th, 2008. I am proud of it so far, I don't want it to end.

I'm looking for guidance and advice for fighting these demons yet once again, this is driving me insane.

People I go to school with constantly go "Brendan, come out and drink with us tonight!?" I respond "No, I can't, I'm busy." They respond "Oh, pussy!"

It's so unfair, my friends are leaving me because I can't drink. Now I'm going friend-less, almost back into alcohol and fucking nuts!

"Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dustin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dustin

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 16th 2009, 02:20 PM

When I want to use I always occupy myself with something else. I visit forums and such. A real good one to visit where people are always posting is GoLiveWire and TeenHelp. Staying online and trying to stay busy helps me a lot.
  Send a message via AIM to Dustin Send a message via MSN to Dustin Send a message via Yahoo to Dustin  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 16th 2009, 02:57 PM

Thanks but it's not really filling my time as we have dial-up shared between two computers, so when the folks want the internet they get it... Plus I'm already a member of Live Wire.

I'm filling up my mornings and late nights with working out, that only goes so far though. After my night routine, I can't sleep for a few hours which leads me to wanting to drink.

When I get angry or depressed, first thought "I'm going to go out and get fucked up..."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 17th 2009, 02:09 PM

Make new friends. Or tell your old friends about your drinking problem. find a way to hang out with them that doesn't have to involve drinking, like playing videogames or something

(#5 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 17th 2009, 06:06 PM

They know about my problem, they just ignore it and still ask me to drink and shit. This girl I just met now, she doesn't drink or smoke or any of that so maybe this is the begging of a fresh start and something good...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MetaIce Offline
Average Joe

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 18th 2009, 02:05 PM

Hanging around people that are encouraging you to drink is only going to make quitting worse. You need to find friends that will help you quit, not cause you to drink more.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Em[ily] Offline
RAWR (I love you)
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 18th 2009, 02:15 PM

Defidently get new friends, if your friends at the moment call you a pussy for not drinking just tell them to shut the fuck up (pardon the language) they arn't good friends if they know that you have this drinking problem but yet ask you if you want a drink. Remember "Friends don't let friends drink" thats not really how it goes but in your case I had to re-write it.

Last time I cut: October 14th 2009

"Where can I turn? Cause I need something more, surrounded my uncertainty, I'm so unsure. Tell me why I feel so alone!"
Conspiracy - Paramore

Twilight Addict & Proud!
  Send a message via AIM to Em[ily]  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 18th 2009, 02:44 PM

Two words: New. Friends.

If your friends know about your drinking problem and they still are pressuring you to drink they aren't worth your time. It sounds like your new girlfriend could really help you though. Try to find new friends who will support you and not go against you.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 18th 2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD46 View Post
Hanging around people that are encouraging you to drink is only going to make quitting worse. You need to find friends that will help you quit, not cause you to drink more.
I can't help but hang around them, I go to school with them! I'm trying to steer away from them but at this school we're only allowed in TWO rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em[ily] View Post
Defidently get new friends, if your friends at the moment call you a pussy for not drinking just tell them to shut the fuck up (pardon the language) they arn't good friends if they know that you have this drinking problem but yet ask you if you want a drink. Remember "Friends don't let friends drink" thats not really how it goes but in your case I had to re-write it.
I tried that and I ended up scrapping, thanks though. I'm going tot ry and get new friends.. IT's hard to meet people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyNicole View Post
Two words: New. Friends.

If your friends know about your drinking problem and they still are pressuring you to drink they aren't worth your time. It sounds like your new girlfriend could really help you though. Try to find new friends who will support you and not go against you.
She wasn't my girlfriend, we were seeing each other and last-night I fucked that up. Now I don't know if we're even friends.. I'm trying to find new friends, just don't kno where to look haha

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MetaIce Offline
Average Joe

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 18th 2009, 06:26 PM

Joining clubs or after school activities is a good place to start looking for new friends. As for getting rid of the old ones, a firm "I think it would be better if we went our separate ways" would probably send a clear message to them that you no longer want to be associated with them.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
crazyboutyu11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 18th 2009, 06:36 PM

just try to stay busy and if your friends are leaving you cause your doing the right thing by trying to better yourself and your life then screw them they are not your true friends true friends would not pressure you into drinking again when they know you are trying tos top keep your head up and sourround yourself with new people make new friends that stay away from drinking

(#12 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I can't take this anymore... - January 19th 2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD46 View Post
Joining clubs or after school activities is a good place to start looking for new friends. As for getting rid of the old ones, a firm "I think it would be better if we went our separate ways" would probably send a clear message to them that you no longer want to be associated with them.
Yeah, some of the friends left without me saying anything which was a good thing in one way and a bad thing in another. The ones that are left who encourage me to drink an do drugs, I'll tell them that immediatly.

What type of clubs and stuff would you recommend? I go to a school with 12 Kids for the year, which is why I don't have extra curricular activites and such that are associated through the school. Plus, I don't feel like playing foot-ball with angry, alcholic, cocaine addict teens :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboutyu11 View Post
just try to stay busy and if your friends are leaving you cause your doing the right thing by trying to better yourself and your life then screw them they are not your true friends true friends would not pressure you into drinking again when they know you are trying tos top keep your head up and sourround yourself with new people make new friends that stay away from drinking
Yeah, right now being busy for me is working out or being online and it's the only way I can avoid being in a situation where I am tempted to drink. I'm finding it hard though.

Hopefully I can surround myself around new people and make new friends, plus stay away from drinking.

It wouldn't be bad if I was just there and they were drinking, it's just bad when they keep going "Drink, c'mon, oh fuck you you're a pussy!" e.t.c

Closed Thread