TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hopelessflaw21 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

cant stop the feelings - July 1st 2009, 03:52 AM

Ive been taking pills for over a year now. Lately ive been trying to stop, my friend just died because of them and alot of my friends will kill me if they knew i was still taking them. I feel addicted to anxiety pills, klonopin mostly. I dont know how to just stop, if its around me ill take them and sadly where i live its around me alot. Someone please help me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: cant stop the feelings - July 2nd 2009, 01:46 AM

If you can't physically stop, you need to tell someone immediately and try to seek professional help. It's very unlikely you'll be able to get away from the drugs unless they are no longer available to you or unless you go to rehab.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: cant stop the feelings - July 12th 2009, 03:21 PM

Hey Alex (:

I'm glad you found the strength to post and ask for help with these issues. Addiction is incredibly difficult to beat and I don't think the fact that you are struggling with it makes you a weak person at all. In fact, I think you are incredibly strong for even wanting to try and get some help in the first place. Making a decision like that when so much of your body is telling you to keep using is a big accomplishment in and of itself. Now that you've admitted your problem the next logical step is to try and fix it. You have several options. I strongly encourage you to enter into some sort of drug abuse counseling program. A medical professional can help you decide whether an impatient rehabilitation facility or an out patient counseling program would be best for you. If you cannot afford that type of treatment you could always go to a free support group like Narcotics Anonymous. You can find the dates, times, and locations of meeting at there website:

http://www.na.org/

Trying to quit something as addictive as a benzodiazepine (the drug classification of klonopin) on your own is just going to make it harder for you. Recovery is hard enough without any extra pressure. You don't have to do this alone and you shouldn't feel like that is your only option. If you really are set on doing it alone I think you should still reconsider that decision but whether you decide to get help elsewhere or not you are always welcome to PM me if you need someone to talk to. I am currently struggling with my own addiction to prescription medication so I really do sympathize with your struggles. You don't have to be afraid or feel bad for asking me for help because I'll give it to you willingly and happily. I would like to be there for you if you'll give me the chance (: Take care and good luck with trying to beat this. I know you are stronger than your addiction and you can win if you try.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread