TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bukowski Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

when i feel sober im intoxicated - July 12th 2009, 08:09 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I drink, drink, and drink everyday, anyway i can and anywhere i can.
I smoke pot allday everyday. i stay lifted at alll times.
i smoke 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day.
i recently graduated high school which hasn't played much of a roll in any sort of change in my routine substance use, because in school or not most of the time i would be intoxicated, and when it wore off i would jump the fence to the parking lot to smoke or drink instead of class or before class.

I am 11 months clean of coke, xanax and oxy, which was a short addiction that lasted only a few months that included heavy use of 1 or 2 or all 3 substances at once, everyday, all day. I have used a long list of drugs but the main purpose of this thread is my current problem above. my friends tell me i have a problem now, but they did not know me when i was using/abusing hard drugs. now i stay away from all other drugs that were once apart of my life other than nicotine, weed and alcohol.

what do you think?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: when i feel sober im intoxicated - July 12th 2009, 09:14 PM

Hey,

First of all, congrats on making it off the hard core drugs. That's a difficult task for most people and you're overcoming it. You should be proud of that. As for your current situation, in my opinion, I would agree with your friends. Though, the things you are indulging in are much safer than what you were using before, it seems to control your life. Not in the sense that it stops you from doing things, but it's never out of your life. Do you think you could simply stop? If the answer is no, then I would agree that it's a problem. Once we reach a point where we see more of life through a high than a sober look, I consider that to be a problem. Relying on substances isn't healthy, just as drinking and getting high everyday isn't. Do you have any reasons for constantly doing this to yourself? Are any problems fueling this?

I think, if I were you, I would begin cutting back and such. In the future, this can affect you and since you're out of school, I'm assuming a job is in the future? Never being sober will greatly affect you in that. When I'm trying to decide if I have a problem with a certain substance, I sit back and look at how often I use. I ask myself if I depend on those substances. If you can't see yourself a day without these things in your system, maybe it's time to let them go and see through a sober look. You've done it before, and you can do it again. If you need anything at all, please feel free to contact me. By the way, welcome to Teen Help. :] Take care of yourself.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
braidenowns Offline
Braiden Knows Best.
Not a n00b

Name: Braiden

Re: when i feel sober im intoxicated - July 13th 2009, 12:20 AM

Hey there,

Okay, congrats on getting off of the hard stuff, as Melissa has already said.

But all three of those things smell bad! Okay, so beer breath, pot breath and on top of that cigarette breath. Ewe. Sorry, I had to get that out.
Anyways, I suggest that you cut out two, I suggest that you cut out the weed and the drinking because they are both illegal, for you at least. Cigarettes are illegal too for you, but they aren't cracking down on them as much as they have been in the past in Florida. Anyways, when you feel like smoking pot, smoke a cigarette, when you feel like drinking smoke a cigarette, I know that it's not good, but it can help. It's better than being high or drunk all the time, right? This is the option that you don't ask for help and go about this problem yourself.

The other option, that I have up my sleeve, is you ask for help. I basically tell this to anybody who has an addiction, a specific behavior or troubles, so don't take it personally. Okay, so I suggest, tell a friend (who can help and won't encourage you to get high or get drunk with them), tell an adult (that you trust of course) or your parents (which I know that can be scary because you are their little girl and they love you and you don't want to break their heart, but it would be break their hearts more if you don't tell them your troubles. I wouldn't really want my son to not tell me about his troubles, whether they be at school or else where. You're parents love you and just want to help no matter how angry they are, anger is just a cover up for all of the other emotions that they are feeling at the time, so don't feel like they are belittling you or are mad at you because they are not, they are most likely more angry at themselves for not noticing or because they were too busy to see the problem for themselves.) This is the second option that I suggest.

You are 17 years old, I am confident that you will make the right decision because after all you know you better than I know you. So, I think you know what the right decision is, so I think you should make that one, right?

Take Care and Please Stay Safe,
Braiden.

'The tighter the pants, the bigger the man!'
  Send a message via MSN to braidenowns  
Closed Thread