TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

This has been bugging me for some time. - July 16th 2009, 02:50 PM

I've been clean of numerous drugs and alcohol since September, but one time that I got high I'll never forget.

Back in August '08, I had bought weed from my best friend(who is now also drug/alcohol free, like me ), he didn't grow the weed this time, rather he bought it from some guy he knew and made a profit off of it. Apparently there were a lot of people visiting my friend, just to buy HIS weed, I thought that was weird, because weed is weed, nothing more..

Later that day I called up my ex-gf, we thought it'd be fun to smoke some weed with each other for the first time. We went to a park, hid in the woods, lit up the joint, I took the first hit, it was so intense like none other that I've had before that I had to take a break for a few seconds, I thought it was odd, but anyway my ex-gf took 3 hits which ended up being 1/4 of the joint, with me smoking 3/4 of it.

It started to become dark out and I thought it'd be funny to go to a secluded area and have sex with her. I was hurrying towards the secluded area thinking that the 2 years that we had known each other and dating on/off and never go as far as me poking her boobs, that she owed me and I could just smell the 'easy-ness' coming from her. Anyway, on the way there, we both felt completely fine. We got to the secluded area, only to find that there were already 6 vehicles there, so I made a sharp U-turn..

..That's when the trouble started happenning.

The road that we were on was a straight road that stretched on for miles and takes 15-20 minutes to drive through the whole thing. And I have a bad habit to checking the time often. So I was driving, with my ex-gf in the passenger seat, we were saying how it was too bad that we couldn't have 'fun' at the secluded area that I wanted to go to.

I was starting to wonder where exactly I was, because I could've sworn I had just driven past the same houses every 5 minutes. I asked me ex-gf if we had been passing the same houses every few minutes, that's when I started to notice that my lips were getting numb and that my tongue was as dry as sand paper and I was panting like a dog. I ignore that fact and just continue driving. I noticed that there weren't any cars behind us, in front of us, or driving towards us in the other lane, in the past 20 minutes that we had been driving and I was STILL passing by the same houses. I checked to see how fast I was going, I was going 60km/h, even though it definitely did not feel like it. Then I noticed my fingers and toes were numb! Even though I could see that my hands were on the wheel and my foot was on the gas peddle, I had lost feeling in them! Plus the stars in the sky started to twist and turn and the roads were moving! My ex-gf only started to feel numb and her head twisting 30 minutes after I was tripping out.

I remember at one point I told her that I'm in a dream or in a coma since I thought that in reality I had hit a telephone pole and am gushing blood out of my forehead. Another point, I thought I saw a green midget looking at me and I scared it away.

I had never tripped out or saw things or felt panicked from doing a drug. At first I thought it was cocaine that was sprinkled into the weed, but I'm doubting that now, ever since someone mentioned that might've been actual PCP(Angel Dust).

Anyone know what might've been laced into the weed that I smoked?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: This has been bugging me for some time. - July 16th 2009, 07:11 PM

Hey Matt (:

I can see how this would be troubling for you. Having unanswered questions about a difficult experience with drugs can lead to excessive anxiety over the occurrence which is never fun. I think it would be smart to contact the friend you purchased the marijuana from and ask him if he knows anything about other people having a similar reaction or if he has any reason to suspect it could have been laced. If he isn't sure you might want to try asking anyone you know who bought from him near the same time. Considering he is your good friend and how dangerous PCP use is, I doubt he would have intentionally given it to you without first warning you. Therefore, if it was indeed laced it is likely he wasn't aware of that fact. You may never be 100% sure of what exactly caused your experience to be so bizarre but asking around and doing a bit of research can help give you a better idea of what might have happened. Here is some information on PCP use that can help you decide whether or not you might have unknowingly smoked it:

Quote:
Side effects are unpredictable and vary from person to person. The effects of PCP generally begin within minutes of smoking and last approximately 4-6 hours.
Quote:
A moderate amount of PCP often causes users to feel detached, distant, and estranged from their surroundings. Numbness of the extremities, slurred speech, and loss of coordination may be accompanied by a sense of strength and invulnerability. A blank stare, rapid and involuntary eye movements, and an exaggerated gait are among the more observable effects. Auditory hallucinations, image distortion, severe mood disorders, and amnesia may also occur. In some users, PCP may cause acute anxiety and a feeling of impending doom; in others, paranoia and violent hostility, and in some, it may produce a psychoses indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
Quote:
PCP is a white crystalline powder that is readily soluble in water or alcohol. It has a distinctive bitter chemical taste.
I also found two articles that might interest you that talk about the rising popularity of marijuana being laced with both formaldehyde and small amounts of PCP. Here are the links to the articles:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pcp/pcp_info3.pdf
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ed.html?cat=47

I think the best thing to do now would be to look over the evidence, possibly do a little more research, and then decide for yourself what you think happened. If you have any questions for me feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help. Take care and good luck with trying to make sense of your unfortunate experience.

Lots of love<3 Mimi

Sources:
http://www.drugs.com/pcp.html
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/4181.html
http://www.nida.nih.gov/infofacts/hallucinogens.html

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Closed Thread