TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
i love you...<3
Average Joe

Question i do... but i dont... - July 27th 2009, 07:44 AM

i am totally against drugs and alcohol. they both go totally against my morals and like everything i believe in. but my boyfriend smokes weed sometimes even though he know it upsets me, and i asked him what he would do if i did and he freaked out and was all like "i dont want you to get started with that shit! if you ever do it i'll show you what a real addiction is and i will smoke everyday and become a total pothead" so that really pissed me off how hypacritical he was. and it really makes me wanna get high, at first just to piss him off... but now i kinda just wanna see what its like and stuff. but idk cuz after i know i'd feel really guilty and stuff cuz i hate that stuff soooo much. i just dont think its fair that he goes off and smokes weed and its okay, but if i say im going to im not aloud to. and it pisses me off even more is that he told me he can stop any time he wants and it would be easy for him but he wont just stop for me. so that also makes me wanna smoke. it would just be a different experience i think. but idk.. :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
RainbowBoi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i do... but i dont... - July 29th 2009, 08:41 PM

I have the same problem right now. Only I am a recovering addict and my boyfriend is also, although he still uses every now and then. Not as much as we used to together but maybe once a month or so and I don't do anything at all.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LadyLeila Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leila

Re: i do... but i dont... - July 30th 2009, 12:38 AM

I can not directly relate, but I know a few people in your situation. Do NOT do weed, it will do nothing for you and you will just end up hurting yourself. If your boyfriend thinks it is so easy to quit, then why hasn't he done it yet? That is just the thing though, everyone on weed will say the same thing "I can quit any time I want, I just don't feel like it right now" or something along those lines. That is just their lame excuse for not wanting to stop or their inability to quit. Weed is highly addictive, maybe even more so than cigarettes. When someone is quitting weed the first day is the easiest, no withdrawl symptoms at all. It isn't until the second or third days that people start to feel sick.
Your boyfriend sees what weed can do to people and doesn't want you to get into it. He probably feels that he is to far gone already and that he can't quit, even though he won't admit it. So he doesn't want you to hurt yourself when he sees the damage he is doing to himself . Otherwise he doesn't think he is hurting himself, he just makes up dumb excuses to himself like "I don't do it as much as other people, or It's not that bad".
You just need to be direct with him. His situation is putting you at risk by making you want to try it. Tell him that he either quits smoking or quits going out with you. If he can't even stop for you, his wonderful girlfriend then he isn't going to stop any time soon. I know it would be very hard for you to do, but if he is not willing to quit that is going to cause a ton of problems later in your relationship. You deserve so much better. On the other hand if he did stay true and quit then you two could stay together and the problem would be solved. Offer to help him quit any way that you can, etc.
Please, please, please do not smoke weed. It is NOT worth it, trust me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i do... but i dont... - August 2nd 2009, 05:45 PM

It can just become habit forming as anything can be for a human being. about 60% and up of people in the United States alone smoke or have tried Marijuana. It does not hurt you unless YOU the smoker let yourself. People can stop any time they want. Hell, I smoke a few times a week and I have a wonderful life full of a loving family, boyfriend, job and straight As in school. Marijuana is a very mild drug which of course comes with some risk, but nothing life threatening. Making the OP believe that her relationship with her boyfriend needs to be one way or the other is not a nice thing to do. In a relationship comes compromise.

OP try educating yourself a bit on Marijuana. It's not as bad as some people make it out to be and you could tell your boyfriend to have the courtesy of not smoking around you or trying to cut down a bit. Don't try to make him stop doing something he enjoys doing because you don't like it or make him change himself to fit your needs/ideals of him. He can stop smoking. Breaking habits can just be a little tough sometimes. After the first few days to a week it gets much easier.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; August 3rd 2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Please try to stick to the point of the thread without attacking users. We have our own opinions. Also, try not to promote it

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: i do... but i dont... - August 8th 2009, 06:11 AM

Although my personal beliefs don't see a major problem with pot smoking, you really do need to talk to him. If you don't this will become a huge problem in your relationship, because he is doing something that you clearly do not approve of! This is not healthy for any relationship, and as bad as it sounds, he will probably have to choose. That is, if you feel this strongly about it.

Now onto the issue of you wanting to try it. I don't believe trying it to spite him is a smart choice, that is doing nothing for your relationship mostly, and just a bad idea in general. However, there are very few dangers with doing it, and most teenagers do try it, it's fairly normal. At least where I come from it is.

This is ultimately your decision, and I hope you know what you're doing before you make a decision.

Hope you guys turn out okay.
-Dylan

(#6 (permalink)) Old
VeganOut Offline
I am Jill's broken heart
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samantha

Re: i do... but i dont... - August 8th 2009, 01:21 PM

I use to feel the same way about people smoking weed. But eventually I got over it, and figured live and let be. Although personally I will not smoke I don't care if other don't. As long as they don't pressure me.

But you should definitely talk to your boyfriend about it. I personally believe that he said what he said because marijuana can be addicting and he cares for you and doesn't want you sucked into the "pot head" lifestyle.

And as far as you smoking goes, i'm not supporting you and smoking and i certainly don't think you should smoke just to "get back at someone" or something. It's a decision that you make but if you do, please, don't try anything harder and don't let it become an addiction. You could suffer some severe consequences if becomes out of control.

kissmeimavegetarian@hotmail.com
i counted and i found you
my turn to hide, now you count

come find me...
  Send a message via AIM to VeganOut Send a message via MSN to VeganOut  
Closed Thread