TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LadyLeila Offline
Average Joe

Name: Leila

So I tried some Adderall - August 1st 2009, 06:14 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So my friend goes to see a psychiatrist and she falsely portrayed the symptoms of ADHD so she could be prescribed Adderall. She said she likes the way it makes her feel; she doesn't feel as hungry all the time, and she gets a ton of stuff done. I was at her house one day and we were chilling in her room and she was taking her pill. She always talked about how amazing it was and had wanted me to try one. So I asked if I could have one. She said yes and so we dumped the contents of one pill into a cube of jello that I could swallow, so we would still have the empty caplet to put back. Anyway it took a little bit to kick in but when it did, it felt really good. I was kind of jittery, extremely talkative (not in a bad way though), not hungry at all (with the exception of being thirsty), and I got the strange feeling that I really needed go do something. It was really fun, I am normally rather introverted but I felt so light and free. It was kind of nice. Anyway, we ended up cleaning and re-arranging her entire room. It looked amazing when we were done.

Normally during school I am doing so many different activities: two music groups, voice lessons, fall play, spring musical, and two AP classes. I really lose a ton of motivation to get things done, I try to do homework I really do but I just don't feel like it. I don't have a better explaination than that, I just don't want to and I can't make myself. I think though, that using Adderall could really help me. I mean I don't want to become dependent on it, but I think that it could be really beneficial. School is easy for me, I get A's on tests, but I never turn in homework. If I could get my homework in I would be a straight A student. That is where the Adderall could help.

Anyway, what are your suggestions on ways that I could get and use Adderall in a healthy way? Also what are some of the pros and cons of using it, how does it affect my overall health?

--Alexa Lauren

Never regret something that once made you smile...

...Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ibiza Offline
*Lush*
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia "Ibiza" Marie

Re: So I tried some Adderall - August 1st 2009, 06:19 AM

i would suggest actually asking your family physision for it, bring it up and tell him the truth of it all.

~*Perception is a world wide epidemic.*~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mixtape91 Offline
Falling Up
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: So I tried some Adderall - August 1st 2009, 07:05 AM

If you don't need adderall it can be really dangerous. I'm On it myself. I've heard of a study done thats showing how its causing heart damage in alot of people (cuz racing heart and stuff). You might want to consult your physician

“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

- Edgar Allen Poe

The only truth is change, have patience
  Send a message via AIM to Mixtape91  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: So I tried some Adderall - August 2nd 2009, 05:58 PM

There is no "healthy" way to get and use Adderall. If you don't need it and don't have a prescription, don't try to get it. You've probably never even experienced the after effects. The Comedown from an upper can be a killer. You feel like shit and you may find yourself depressed. Just because it suppresses your hunger and makes your more productive does not mean you need it. Adderall is such a bullshit drug to abuse if you don't physically need it. You need to motivate yourself and maybe limit your extra curricular activities if they are wearing you out. If you're getting good grades and you are involved in all these activities, there's no reason for you to get on Adderall. Just get yourself in gear and get your work done.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: So I tried some Adderall - August 4th 2009, 01:32 AM

Hey There,

The best way is to talk to your doctor about this. Tell them about how you may be feeling. They may refer you to a psychiatrist, then from there they will be able really know whether or not this drug will be best for you. However just be truthful about why you want this, don't fake the symptoms. If you are going to take this drug, you need to take it for the right reasons, and you can't abuse this drug. Because it can definitely mess with you if abused. There are many health risks.

You should really research this out before you go for this. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall] Make sure you will use it for the right reasons and that you will be ready for the side effects.

I hope that you make the right decision. This can be a dangerous drug if not used right. Please take care of yourself.

Take care,

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

August 4th 2009, 03:10 AM

Adderall will hurt you if you don't need it. I don't remember exactly, but I think it does some kind of brain damage to people who don't need it who use it too much (probably heart too as mentioned above). Don't worry, the one pill you took wont hurt, but seriously don't get into the habit.

If you need motivation and energy, try to get it from eating right, sleeping well, and exercising. Adderall, even if you did use it over a long period of time, would wear off after not too long, and then you would need a higher dose. Using it for motivation also develops dependence.

Also, I'd like to add my personal experience with Adderall. If you need motivation to get things like homework, chores, practice done, Adderall probably wont give you the motivation. When I took it, I was just as unproductive as I am now, maybe even less productive in some instances, but I could think clearly and be unproductive very efficiently. Motivation does not equal energy, concentraition, and clear thinking. If you need to get something done, you need to come up with a reason to do it and try to do it regardless of your energy level.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; August 11th 2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Merge posts.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
xVanillaTwilightx
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Calamari

Re: So I tried some Adderall - August 4th 2009, 05:02 AM

Adderall can really hurt yu especially if yu don't need it. Not feeling hungry is a pro, yes, but it can also have dangerous side effects. Don't take it unless yu are perscribed it!

*Jeremiah 29:11-

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: So I tried some Adderall - August 4th 2009, 02:22 PM

you said you dont want to become dependent on it? taking it WILL make you dependent. end of story.
i suggest you see your GP, even if this isn't the answer they might have one or a psych person

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

August 11th 2009, 05:29 AM

You would get a fake prescription just like youre friend, but to be honest, that would be stupid. Aderall has ingredients in it that are addictive, even after your first time taking it, and I'm betting most of the reason that you initially want more because of that. You will become dependent if you take it every day. I'm not saying you can't take it every now and then when you just have a lot to get done, but taking it every day when you don't have ADHD is dangerous because the chemicals in your body are different. PPeople who actually have ADHD actually eat more when they take it. Plus, the effects will become mundane if you take it all the time.

It would probably be easier to just get a healthy amount of sleep and keep your schedule well-rounded.

In any case, if you truly feel that your concentration is lacking, you could go to get tested for ADHD or ADD, but don't fake anything.

Oh, and as far as it surpressing your hunger, you'll only lose unhealthy amounts of weight.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; August 11th 2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Merge posts.

Closed Thread