TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
655321 Offline
aka BRIE.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brie

Unhappy I can see the difference in myself since I started smoking Marijuana.... - January 6th 2009, 08:50 PM

I started smoking marijuana Summer of 2007 and before that I was an all A student in school and I used to beable to think ALOT about everything. Besides other changes in myself, I noticed the change that has impacted me the most since I started smoking was the slowing of my brain and my thoughts, it's hard for me to think deep into even the simplest of things now. I want to know if anyone else has changed when they started smoking, even if they quit.
And my main question is, is it possible to come back from smoking? I mean, since I'm quitting marijuana, is it possible, in time, that my brain will beable to start 'working fast' like it used to ever again?
I'm so worried about this.
Even if you don't have personal experience, but know something about this topic or question, please answer. Or if you have a friend/relative that has gone through simliar experiences with this and they are comfortable with you sharing their story, please post!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

January 6th 2009, 10:16 PM

Stop smoking pot and this problem you are having should totally clear up.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabi...s_health.shtml

Last edited by mr_null; January 6th 2009 at 10:24 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

January 6th 2009, 10:23 PM

The marijuana has a main ingredient of THC, and to make the story sweet and short, it can depress the CNS (Central Nervous System, which is brain and spinal cord). You will be able to function perfectly once the drug is out of your system as the effects will only continue when the drug molecules can bind to the drug receptors in the brain. Also, out of all the drugs, marijuana I don't think causes any long-term effects even if you quit smoking. You may however, experience some withdrawl symptoms but just let those pass and you'll be able to function just as you were before.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dustin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dustin

January 7th 2009, 01:20 AM

You should be fine. I smoked marijuana for around 2 years and once you quit smoking for a few days you become your old self again. I find nothing wrong with marijuana myself. But also there have been NO studies that link marijuana to long term brain damage. Hope I helped.

~Dustin
  Send a message via AIM to Dustin Send a message via MSN to Dustin Send a message via Yahoo to Dustin  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I can see the difference in myself since I started smoking Marijuana.... - January 8th 2009, 09:05 AM

you'll be fine. Stop smoking and within a few days, at most a few weeks, you'll be back to your normal self.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can see the difference in myself since I started smoking Marijuana.... - January 8th 2009, 10:37 PM

Ganja is such a safe drug, I don't think you will have any long term issues.
To be honest, I consider myself a very deep thinker and I do not see a difference in my thinking when I have been using it.
Anyways, good luck in the choices you make.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: EV

Re: I can see the difference in myself since I started smoking Marijuana.... - January 8th 2009, 10:51 PM

Hey Brie,
It depends on how heavily you smoked and the quality, but it really should clear itself up if you quit.
Also, for future reference, the site mr_null posted is generally pretty good with facts, but is HEAVILY pro-drug. That's not to say its info is no good, but it's a good idea to get confirmation from other sources (a good idea for ANYthing you get from the internet, really), and if you read other articles from there, it's just good to be aware of their bias.

--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band

Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: I can see the difference in myself since I started smoking Marijuana.... - January 9th 2009, 08:27 AM

If you do realize this change and you do not like it, you may want to stop immediately, regardless of how appealing it may be. Sure, Marijuana isn't a hardcore drug, but usage of it on a regular basis will make your brain slower(as you have said) and you will start to have a speech impairment, you'll basically be stuttering and/or slurr-ing your words and make you incoherent. Marijuana is also considered a starting drug, meaning that it may lead to other, more potent drugs.

For example; You may go at a party, you get high, then someone just happens to have cocaine, crack or some mushrooms with them. Most drug-users do not want to get high by themselves, so they will find someone to use their drugs with them. That person will find you, find out that you are high and start pestering you until you say yes. Now that you are already high on weed, you will have a lot less restraint than when you're sober.

So it's very possible for a weed smoker to accidently stumble upon a more potent drug, intake it, then get addicted to that as well. Take care should you choose to continue, because you may regret it.

There's a reason why they call it 'dope'.

Closed Thread