TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sweetman17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help :| - January 20th 2009, 11:16 AM

Im only 13.But when i get into high school i want to try weed :|.I knw theres a lot of kids addicted it for the schools nickname is pot high:P But i dont want to get addicted.I just want to see what its like.My brother fucked up most of his reputation and life with weed.now hes into worse things.But i just want to try it.What should i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Help :| - January 20th 2009, 11:41 AM

Try it if you really want to, but keep in mind the consequences. And keep in mind the fact that you are only 13 and there are legal matters as well. Try at your own risk, but don't forget you do not want to become a drooling weed monkey.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Help :| - January 20th 2009, 11:54 AM

I would not advise it, you know how it affects people, you have seen it in your brother. Do you want to screw up your life just because you feel you have to try weed.

Smoking it once could end up twice & so on...

....Weed can also cause mental illness like schizophrenia, drug induced phycosis & depression.

Do you really want that?

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: Help :| - January 20th 2009, 11:58 AM

You've seen how it's affected and it's very easy to become addicted so I wouldn't try it incase it turns out for the worst y'know? You said you've what affect it's had on your brother, don't follow in his footsteps. You may only try it once but like I said once may start into twice and so on and so forth.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sweetman17 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help :| - January 20th 2009, 12:04 PM

Thanks guys i think im going to follow trying it. lol jk :P thx again for the advice.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
four Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help :| - January 20th 2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_me_again View Post
....Weed can also cause mental illness like schizophrenia, drug induced phycosis & depression.
Okay, that is not true. Marijuana has been shown to increase the chances of schizphrenia and psychosis in people who are predisposed to them, such as those with a family history. It has never been shown to just cause these problems in normal healthy people though.

Marijuana is also not physically addictive, it is not like opiate painkillers or meth, you are not going to go through withdrawls from not smoking it, however it, as with anything that causes euphoria, can be psychologically addictive, leading to cravings, becoming short tempered, etc.

Though it is not nearly as dangerous as some of the other posts in this thread have been making it out to be, it is not without danger. The most obvious problem is legal issues, it is illegal, and could land you in some pretty good trouble, depending on your local laws. Also, as you saw with your brother, marijuana can lead you to trying other drugs, not that you need a stronger thing as you use it more, but that your inhibitions are lowered, and you are introduced to people who have access to other drugs. Marijuana has also never been scientifically studied on young developing minds of say a 13 or 14 year olds. Your brain is still changing, quite a bit, and no one can really say what effect introducing an outside drug into it will have.

Ultimitely it is your own decision, and simply trying it is not going to ruin your life, but think carefully before you do, and if you decide to make sure you are in a comfortable, safe enviorment that you can spend some time at, not having to try and hide your intoxication.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: Help :| - January 21st 2009, 09:39 AM

Give it a go sur lol! Ive done it LOADDDS of time and dont even have a hint of an addiction, well thats me anyway
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Help :| - January 21st 2009, 12:37 PM

It's up to you whether you try it or not. I don't think people telling you not to will change your mind as the decision is ultimately up to you. Like most narcotics, weed isn't without it's risks the biggest one being the law. Just make sure you do it in a secluded, chilled out spot away from many people (such as in a woods with people you know etc) and don't make it obvious what you're doing and you should be fine.

Any other information you may be looking for can be found here:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

I've found erowid to be the most reliable, non-biased source for anything relating to drugs and what not. It's always smart when trying something new to know the effects of it and stuff.

Closed Thread