TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TJ. Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: TwinJ

Salvia - January 20th 2009, 06:41 PM

Just wondering, has anyone here ever smoked it? I'm probably going to try it in the next few days with my parents and some of their friends because they want to see what it's like. Apparently it's a hallucinogenic, that isn't as strong as a few others.

BTW, it is legal, so this thread is within the rules It's just like cigarettes.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Salvia - January 20th 2009, 06:47 PM

Yes I have and I will never again. Wasn't fun at all for me, my friends found it pretty cool though.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Salvia - January 20th 2009, 10:52 PM

it depends on what you smoke. If you're smoking just leaves, then it's not very strong. if you're smoking extract it can be very very powerful. I find it's best to use a bong so that you can get a lot of smoke in one hit, giving you the strongest effects. Pass the bong as soon as you hit it and hold the smoke in. Also make sure you're sitting down. The trip lasts only about 15 minutes, but it can be VERY intense. I've had a friend forget who she was and everything in her life while tripping (but we talked her down and it was over within 15 mins anyways so it was okay). When I take it I tend to see geometrical patterns overlaying everything I see.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Salvia - January 21st 2009, 01:01 AM

RESEARCH!!!

Research any drug before you try it. Generally, people have really bad trips on salvia. If you're smoking the extract, and are with a whole bunch of people, have one or two people go at a time.

Also, if you have flashbacks or anything, don't try it. Because it will just make those more scary. (Which is why I decided not to try it after talking to a few people)
Look at the effects, the price. It could be an awesome thing to try, and it could be really bad.

There is quite a bit of info about it on Google.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: Salvia - January 21st 2009, 09:31 AM

oh dear god!! Salvia!!! I had that a few times and i never never never will again, it fucked me up so badly im still not right!! Be very carefull with it, it screwed with me in ways that can never be fixed... the things i saw * shudder *
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Salvia - January 21st 2009, 01:12 PM

It is legal in some places, and illegal in other. Some states in America have made it illegal such as Delaware, Louisiana, Missouri.

Please be aware of this information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
By contrast, the state of Maine has passed laws imposing age restrictions, prohibiting use and sale to minors under 18 years of age - in a manner generally consistent with controls existing for tobacco and alcohol. California has also passed similar age restrictions. These come into effect on Jan 1, 2009. Legislative bills for Schedule I classification are proposed in Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina. New York has proposed restrictions on possession, with a fine of no more than $50 per violation.[
While it may be legal in some places, there are age restrictions.

So please be aware before posting what the laws are in your area. And Exodus please make sure your infromation is true before posting it. Yes it is legal for anyone over the age of 18 in California to use it, but there are many minors on this site that, so please take that into consiseration.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#7 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Salvia - January 21st 2009, 01:28 PM

I have smoked extract several times.... It tastes like crap but the trip is sooo intense. I wouldn't say it lasts 15 minutes though :/. More like 5 minutes of not being able to control your body at all. It makes some people sweat buckets so dress lightly. Also you can get the feeling of creepy crawlers on your skin. Tell us how it goes.

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Salvia - January 22nd 2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul View Post
I have smoked extract several times.... It tastes like crap but the trip is sooo intense. I wouldn't say it lasts 15 minutes though :/. More like 5 minutes of not being able to control your body at all. It makes some people sweat buckets so dress lightly. Also you can get the feeling of creepy crawlers on your skin. Tell us how it goes.
you're right, the main part of the trip (hallucinations & such) only lasts 5 minutes, but it takes the rest of the 15 minutes for the effects to wear off and for you to feel sober again.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lady Stripey Offline
recovering cutter
Not a n00b

Name: Kitty

Re: Salvia - January 25th 2009, 12:54 AM

I really advise you not to smoke this! People could die from the effects of this drug. There have been reports of people 'drowning', being caved in a tunnel' and what not. This is an awful drug and it's pretty stupid of your parents to be doing such a thing as well as to let you

Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Stripey  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
laurax Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: Salvia - January 25th 2009, 06:49 AM

a few of my friends have tried this, and they really regret it. and theyre quite "hard core" about drugs, so this is significant.
they had really really bad trips, and for a couple it triggered stuff (they already had some issues), and meant that they eventually had to get help. one of my friends scared his girlfriend because he didnt know who she was, and he couldnt see, and he was scared while he was tripping. one of my friends ran off cuz he thought he was being attacked by a bear and nearly broke his ankle falling down stairs.

dont do it, i advise.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Undefined
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessi

Re: Salvia - January 25th 2009, 01:16 PM

I've smoked salvia several times. It's a hallucinogen that only lasts for about five minutes. I would like to put out there that, like a road trip, you should use the bathroom prior. The salvia I smoked came in a five-color range from a store called Planet K that they have here in South Texas (it was little ground up leaves). I smoked the red color, which was the middle range. The room kind of dissappears and you hallucinate based on your surroundings. It's fairly safe (ie you're not going to jump out of the window or anything), but it does make you exhausted. It totally kicked my ass. I would advise not going any higher than red for the first time, because if red kicks ass I'm afraid to see what the others will do. All-in-all, it's deffinately an interesting experience, but not something I'd do every day or really that often at all. I haven't had any lasting effects from it or anything, and after a good night of sleep you feel normal, so go for it. Have fun. Make sure you're sitting down.

I almost forgot, make sure you have people who aren't tripping watching you while you are. Like a designated driver, it's always good to have someone there to calm you down. The best thing about salvia is that it only lasts a few minutes, so if you do have a bad trip, someone will be there for you and you won't be stuck in it for hours.

The first time I did salvia, I imagined I was on a candy train. I had two of my friends watch me while I did it in their living room (sitting down). The room turned sideways and then I was on a green, red and yellow train that looked like candy and burst through the wall (I fell back and moved their curtain when this happened). The train settled down and I thought I had a conversation with my friend (in reality, I hadn't), then things went back to normal. At first I didn't like it, and it does mess with your mind, but after I calmed down, all was good. The next trip, I thought walls were comming out of the tv and that the bedspread was a ledge that was crumbling. It was kind of Indiana Jones-ish, actually. The third time it was another train, but it was made of my friends and it talked. Each time, I was laughing histerically. Don't be alarmed if someone's laughter is kind of freakishly loud (they might not be able to hear it themselves).

This drug doesn't provide a good high, if that's what you're going for, but it's deffinately something to try for fun. It's not like smoking pot or anything like that. It doesn't give you an insanely happy feeling. It feels like your on a roller coaster while you're hallucinating, but afterwards, you're just kind of tired.

I wouldn't be too worried about thinking that bears are chasing you or that you'll see people from your past you don't want to see. The drug draws its hallucinations based on what is around you. The first of my trains was derived from the vertical lines and lighting in the room, the falling ledge and walls from the tv from the pattern on the blanket and previews of a movie and the second train from my friends laying down super close to where I was sitting.

Again, I say go for it. The worst that can happen is you don't like it. If that's the case, don't do it again. Have a good time, and whatever you do, don't sit there and worry a bunch about it, because then you just might give yourself a bad trip. Just go with the flow and it'll be great.

Last edited by AngelUpSideDownCake; January 25th 2009 at 01:30 PM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MakeItTre Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Salvia - January 31st 2009, 06:32 PM

Dude Salvia is the strongest hallucinogen to exist. It comes in 4 different levels of potency... 20x 40x 60x and 80x. I believe you can only buy up to 60x legally. However smoking salvia is considered to be equal to a cadet voluntarily taking pepper spray to the eye at the academy.

I have done it twice with 60x and I have had horrible experiences both times. It's not fun and it's very expensive. I don't recommend it.

And in the future, if you want to learn about a drug there are so many different resources online if you know how to use Google. Probably better than posting on a teen help forum?

Last edited by MetaIce; January 31st 2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Please don't be disrespectful towards other users

Closed Thread