TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

so cliched - August 19th 2009, 05:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

(see tag first)

I don't really know what to say about it...I am not going to be like one of those people who try to argue it, or try say I don't have any control...because I do.

It sounds weird for me to actually type down because I don't talk about it really to anyone in real life or th, but I use percocet. I first took it for when I injured my back and shoulder, and then I just decided to take a lot once because I was bored. It was probably the greatest feeling of my life, od-ing that first time. betterthan acid, certainly better than weed. I started to buy it from a childhood friend from my old area in mattapan.

I do it regularly, maybe 4 times a week at most. It's when I feel really shitty, and it just lets me, as shitty and boring as it sounds, escape. I take 20 mg now, 4 pills. I know its a lot, but I have a high toleranace for it. It relaxes me so much, I can't really explain it to someone who never has experienced it.

I am not even sure I want to stop, or even think its bad, or even enjoy it. I just wanted to write it down for once because I never really say anything here about it.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: so cliched - August 19th 2009, 03:38 PM

Neither oxycodone nor acetaminophen are good for you to be OD'ing on man. I hope you decide you want to quit sooner than later.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: so cliched - August 21st 2009, 12:54 PM

You claim to be in control of the situation...
If you want to stop, you stop. If you want to carry on, you do so.

You know you're going to hear a parade of, it's bad for you, it does xyz. But I am sure you're not stupid and know the dramatic health implications such abuse is doing to you.

Sure. It all feels so wonderful now. But you just wait, in time to come when the effects it has had on your body start effecting you. You will never regret anything more. All the damage for a little bit of a kick at 17. C'mon.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: so cliched - August 24th 2009, 06:45 AM

Yeah, that's probably not good for you. I don't encourage using weed, but that would probably be better for you than fucking percocet. I could totally go on about how you need rehab and blahblahblah, but I don't know if you do. Some people are perfectly capable of stopping all on their own. But you really should stop, shit can fuck up your body.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: so cliched - August 25th 2009, 01:07 AM

Yeah well the more I think about it, the more I think I should probably stop for a bit and reassess whether I should use it. I haven't used since wednesday, so I'll stop for a bit a see how I feel. cheers

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: so cliched - August 29th 2009, 04:32 PM

Good choice, maybe next time you feel like crap you should do just what you did here, write it down.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: so cliched - August 30th 2009, 08:04 PM

I don't think "probably" is good enough. Prescription medication like Percocet is extremely addictive and before you know it, it's almost impossible to stop. It's not going to stay much of an escape if you taking more and more of it. Eventually it'll alter your personality and you could end up doing physical and psychological brain damage to yourself, not to mention you could potentially lose friends and family over this drug usage. Don't take it lightly.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Re: so cliched - August 31st 2009, 01:17 AM

I'm glad you realized that you should step back from it, before it gets too harmful. People don't understand how addicting things can be, until they're in way too deep. I'm glad you pulled yourself out before it could have gotten worse. Good job. [:

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x

Closed Thread