TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Justanotherteen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I'm an idiot. - August 20th 2009, 06:29 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I really screwed up. I think I'm oversensitive...every time I get upset or hurt I turn to drinking. Last night I drank wayyy too much. I just turned twenty one so I'm finding it hard not to buy wine when I eat out, just because I finally can now! I had two glasses of wine before I left, and ordered two. When I got home, I finished the bottle. I didn't eat much, so it hit me hard. My boyfriend is so mad at me, he's totally avoiding me. I feel like such an idiot. Apparently I was crazyyy last night. I attacked his roommate (jumping on him playfully, for some reason I always do when Im drunk) and was sick in the bathroom of course. I did a bunch of other crazy things but obviously I don't remember. I'm just hating myself and hating life right now. I'm going back to college in a week and I'm in a sorority. Im kind of nervous about it. Its going to be hard surrounded by drinking

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm an idiot. - August 20th 2009, 06:59 PM

Hey there!

In some respects, I can understand why you did what you did. You're legally allowed to for the first time. That can be a bit overwhelming if you've never really experienced the whole ordering wine at dinner thing. Where this becomes a problem is that you're upsetting your boyfriend. And judging by what you say, he has a reason to be upset.

If you are going to drink, you do need to learn to be responsible, and know your limit. Getting out of control can be dangerous for you, and those around you.

As for going to college in the sorority, it really is okay to have a little drinking fun from time to time! Only if you can handle it though. Don't let them talk you into doing anything you're not comfortable with, or drinking more then your limit. Being sick isn't fun!

Just talk to your boyfriend, I'm sure he will understand. I can't see him being angry with you, if you promise to change how you act. If he doesn't like drinking altogether, maybe you should not drink around him. Just respect his boundries you know?

Good luck with this and take care!
-Dylan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Justanotherteen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm an idiot. - August 20th 2009, 08:30 PM

thanks for the advice! it really helped hearing someone else's opinion. =)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: I'm an idiot. - August 29th 2009, 04:41 PM

If you WANT to quit, YOU have to want it. What I would do for the wine at dinner while eating out and you have someone with you or taking a cab home or anything where you will not be driving home do not bring your ID with you. This way since when many places require you to show an ID to prove you are old enough to drink. Therefore, if you do not have an ID on you you can not order wine or any other alcohol. As for going back to college try to find and choose friends who do not drink, this may help you to not drink.

Closed Thread