TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

XTC - January 21st 2009, 09:36 AM

I've done XTC a good few times now and i love it but now i wanna try acid or LSD,

I was just wondering is it very dangerous and is it addictive, i have a slighly addictive personalty but im not not one bit addicited to XTC, does that mean i wont be addictied to LSD??

I've done loads of research and stuff but cant find the answers im looking for?

Help?

Cos i wanna be sure before i try it, y'know
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cassie.x Offline
Last of the english roses.
Average Joe

Name: cassie

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 10:12 AM

Well,All i can tell you is my personal experiance.
And as far as i know,you can become mentally dependant on any drug.
Remember that there are diffrent kinds of ectasy,and they will have slightly diffrent efffects,and the same goes for taking acid.

Generally,Acid is a much more serious drug,as it has a much bigger trip,it can alter almost everything your'e seeing,and you are not in control of it atall,and beleive me,it seems very real at the time,and if you have a bad trip on acid,there is nothing you can really do about it.
So,if you do decide to do it,please make sure it's with someone you trust.

Once it's started you can't stop it. And until you take a tab of acid you can't tell how strong it is or how it's going to affect you. How the trip goes can be affected by who you are, how you're feeling and how comfortable you are with the people you're with.

- LSD or 'acid' has very random, and sometimes very frightening, effects. Trips feed off a person's imagination.
- If panic sets in, the experience can be scary and confusing. Bad trips can be terrifying.
- Flashbacks sometimes happen. This is when part of the trip is subsequently re-lived after the original experience. (This usually occurs within weeks or months after taking the LSD but can be longer).

I think generally,there isn't a high risk of getting addicted to acid,although,if you admitt you have an addictive personality,it's very risky to be messing around with drugs.
Also,ectasy and acid are extremley diffrent drugs,in almost every way.

PM me if you need to,be safe.

Danni x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blackrose
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mags

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 10:18 AM

Thannks a mill for replying..been hugh help! =]=] xx
  Send a message via MSN to x-x-xblackx-x-xrosex-x-x  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Losing_Control Offline
Not a n00b

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 05:19 PM

I can't make your decisions for you, but I would strongly discourage you from trying acid. Drugs effect everyone differently. They can even effect the same person differently on a different occasion. Experimenting with drugs is dangerous each and every time you do it. I know from experience what LSD can do to you, and I have no positive memories from my experience.

Please be safe. Take care.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 05:25 PM

I unno' try it if you want but i've seen people have break downs on that stuff. Like one girl at a lake party was fixing her hair, and when she looked down she thought her arms were gone and started flipping out crying. Oh and my friend Tyson saw his nans head spin around like the exorcist and passed out it seems nuts. I won't even touch the stuff. Soooo if you do take some be with friends you trust.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: J

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 05:42 PM

There's lots of side effects. Like some users found that they had flashbacks later on in life- sometimes even 20 years after having last taking the drug. I has an affect on the brain too. Sorry I cant seem ta find the journal where I read that... Its a few years ago now. I personally would advise you not to try it- but thats my personal opinion, so what ever is right for you.

Perhaps you should google it to get a fuller picture

Mrs Doyle: What would you say to a cup father?
[offers him a cup of tea]
Father Jack Hackett: FECK OFF, CUP!
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These,[points to some plastic cows on the table], are very small; those
[points at some cows out the window], are far away...
Gotta Luv Father Ted

(#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 07:00 PM

ecstasy and LSD aren't for messing around with, they are serious drugs. i'm not going to encourage use of either of them, but i'd just warn you that there are some pretty nasty consiquences. i've seen one of my friends go mental on LSD and attempt suicide. google it for a clearer picture on side affects. but as you've already mentioned, you have an addictive personality, i don't really think its worth the risk.. but its up to you.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 07:16 PM

I highly encourage you to stop doing drugs. All drugs can be addicting, and cause serious side effects. Ecstasy can have extreme negative effects on the first try. LSD, too. Do you really want to harm your body? There are other things you can do with your time, I encourage you to seek out those options. Be careful, you only have one life to live =]

If you need anything..
PM/VM me anytime
-Amy

(#9 (permalink)) Old
stark Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 07:27 PM

...in general, and compared to most other "hard" drugs, hallucinogens are pretty mild. LSD is by far the worst of them, and there have been claims that it can trigger schizophrenia in people already prone to the disorder. depending on the quality and quantity that you take, the trip can last between 2 and 12 hours. Polydrug use with LSD (as it is with all illicit substances) is EXTREMELY dangerous. Also, in America the minimum sentance for LSD is something like 5 years per gram, and that includes the weight of the blotter paper if that's how you're taking it.

...there ARE safer hallucinogens that have a milder and more predictable trip, such as shrooms or peyote, but I do not encourage their use either. However, if you are seriously going to use this type of drug, remember to have at LEAST one person sober in the room with you. People on hallucinogens rarely hurt other people, but they CAN hurt themselves, and it's important to have a sober person to help you out.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: XTC - January 21st 2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark View Post
...there ARE safer hallucinogens that have a milder and more predictable trip, such as shrooms or peyote, but I do not encourage their use either.
Uh, peyote is not milder than LSD. I would not suggest trying either peyote or acid for your first time if you must try psychedelics. In my opinion shrooms are safer for the simple fact that a trip on shrooms generally lasts about half as long as an LSD trip (5-8 hours vs. 12 hours).

DO NOT do acid (or any other hallucinogen for that matter) if you have any doubts about your mental stability or any history of mental illness in your family. If you must do it then make sure you have a sober person handy, and only do it in a safe and familiar environment.

LSD is not physically harmful nor physically addictive but is extremely intense psychologically. Be careful and be safe.

Closed Thread