TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AliciaFTW Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia

Adderall - August 30th 2009, 03:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I take Adderall for ADHD. I was "Diagnosed" with it about a year ago. I was going through a difficult time in my life and I need something to make me feel better. And I had recreationaly taken Adderall before and was aware of it's ability to make you feel happy and energized. I had been on and off different anti-depressants from doctors. And when I was first told I had ADHD, I knew I had a chance to get Adderall. But I knew if I told my Psychiatrist that I wanted Adderall, he would be suspicious. So I took Concerta for about a month. Then told my mom that I didn't like it. So at my next vist, I casually told the doctor that I had friends who said Adderall has worked for them. All the while, acting like I didn't know much about it. And I was put on 30 mg of Adderall a day. I was happy. I could concentrate. I was doing better in school then I ever had before. Until I started to build up a tolerance. So I was then put on a total of 45 mg of it a day. And now, It's gotten to the point that, If I don't take it Right when I wake up, I'm EXTREMLY irritable. And to those of you who have taken the drug, you know the after/side effects of it. I now depend on it to get through the day. And I know that people will say "You need to get help" "Just stop taking it" etc. etc. I already know that and I don't need the lecture. But I just kinda wanted to get this out there instead of keeping my addiction to myself. And maybe find other people who have or had the same problem.

I should probably add that Adderall is an Amphetamine. So the effects of it are very similar to meth. And it has almost the same addiction rate and exactly the same side effects (Insomnia, Hyperactivity, Excessive speech and movement, Severe appetite loss, the feeling of happyness, etc) and withdrawl issues (Tremors, irritable sometimes violent moods, Vomiting, Nervousness, etc). So you can see why it's so hard to stop.

Last edited by AliciaFTW; August 30th 2009 at 03:33 AM. Reason: More info
  Send a message via AIM to AliciaFTW Send a message via MSN to AliciaFTW  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
omg.megan Offline
fuck the men lets drink to us
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Megan

Re: Adderall - August 30th 2009, 03:19 AM

Hey there Alicia,

I think that just getting it out by writing like you just did is a great thing to do. Keeping it to yourself is never a smart move and it takes guts to actually let it out. Good for you, it's a really big step.

I have no personal experiences with this particular drug or with ADHD but I surely know how being stuck in the vicious addiction circle is so I just thought I'd give a shot at relating and possibly helping.
With every drug, eventually, the body gets used to it and the effects wear out. That's when you get the whole " I need more " feeling. It's perfectly normal. People think that just cutting the drugs is easy but it isn't, your body needs more and if you don't give it some more, it'll rebel and react.
The thing I can tell you is just to gradually lower the dosage. Sure it'll be hard at the beginning, it's never easy and takes a lot of comittement but it has been done before. You just have to somewhat find this inner strenght.
I'm not going to tell you to get help, because you obviously don't want to hear that but if ever you need to blow some steam off and just talk, you can always PM me.

Much love,

- Megan

"Kill the lights,
These children learn from cigarette burns, fast cars, fast women, and cheap drinks.
It feels right,

All these asphyxiated, self-medicated; take the white pill, you'll feel alright
."

Closed Thread