TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Help please. - October 4th 2009, 01:38 AM

So things have been going fine after kicking my habits cold turkey... I pretty much just forgot about LSD (I never wanted to do it after I tripped anyways) and I ceased my skag cravings... but just today, I was at work (which I hate) thinking about how much I despise my horrible job and every miserable bum that walks in those doors and it all just came back into my head. I had tried and suceeded in not thinking about it for months, but that moment I just wanted it so bad. I still want it. The craving for heroin is back with a vengeance and I feel like I need it and I don't care if I lose everything... But I do care, and I am trying so hard not to relapse and its so difficult. Some support would be nice. I want my future, but I want the drugs..

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lil Offline
I'm here
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lil

Re: Help please. - October 4th 2009, 05:00 PM

It so good that youve been trying so hard not to give in, your future is more important then those drugs will ever be.dont give in, i know you can do it.if you need to talk to someone my pm box is always open.
<3

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Cut free since March 6th 2013
Purge free since March 8th 2013

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Help please. - October 5th 2009, 12:48 AM

Thanks... ugh I am so close to relapsing, it's not even funny. I want to/don't want to so bad. I don't know what to do.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Help please. - October 6th 2009, 12:48 AM

You can't say you don't are and then say you do care. I know what it's like to think of the path of drugs and suddenly you're overcome with this weird euphoria, but then you think "my life will go to shit and i'll be overcome with that awful lonely & guilty feeling i'm always left with when drugs overrun my life." You can't run back to the drugs every time you feel miserable. You end up feeling even shittier then you did before and it'll never end if you go back. That was in the past. You need to rebuild your life around something positive. That little glimmer of hope and care that you have left is what you need to use to move on. If you can't let go of your mistakes and addiction, you'll die cold and alone. You don't want that. You have a chance at a beautiful life. Don't waste it. Not everbody gets the chance at a good life. You do.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
GroovyDoodle Offline
Average Joe

Name: Maeve

Re: Help please. - October 12th 2009, 03:56 AM

Quitting is hard. Of course you know that. The good thing about it is, once you've quit, the hard part is over. You only have to go through it once, and then it's done. But when you're on the drug, every time you come down it's like quitting. You feel like crap and crave the drug more. So why should you do the drug if it's just going to keep making you feel like this every time you come off of it? Once you're off, you're done, unless you relapse. And that is under your control. You can do it! IM me if you want to talk some more.

Send a message via AIM to GroovyDoodle  
Closed Thread