TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
$Kelly2DaB$ Offline
awesome =]
Not a n00b

Name: Kelly

i might have a problem.. help? - October 10th 2009, 04:51 AM

***sorry this is long***

okay so i drink socially, and it's really not that often. but when i do drink, sometimes i go overboard. my problem is i like feeling loose and it's easier to have a good time. and i really love to play beer pong. and sometimes i play vodka pong. depending on my mood and partner.

also, i drink because it lets me feel loose and not caring. i like to think other's opinions of me dont bother me, but they actually do. i do care what others think to a certain point.

what else is bad is i have something to blame my actions and words on. i can say anything and if its not something i want to say or afraid to say, i can say the alcohol took over and intercepted my thoughts. i can say what im really feeling and no one will give it a second thought. there are just some things on my mind that are hard to express or idk how to express. alcohol helps me with that. and then i feel carefree.

well the last party i went to at my friends house, i over did it and had a big mistake in drink mixing. it went something along the lines of.. opening night shot of vodka, 2 screw drivers, 4 games of pong, mixed drink of lemonade and 99 cherries, 1 more game of pong. yeah, that was a big mistake. also, i was in a crappy mood at the beginning of the night, but turned happy towards the middle. gee thanks alcohol. plus it didnt help knowing i wasnt driving. which i know! its no excuse.

needless to say, i ended my night in my friends bathroom. puked, and started falling asleep wrapped around the toliet, head resting on garbage can, and my friend, her boyfriend, and another friend of mine in the bathroom with me.

i know its bad, and why would i embarrass myself like that. and to be honest idk. its just something. so idk if this is something to be concerned about. because i can control myself, i just haven't the past few times i drink. any help? thanks!

Kelly!
  Send a message via AIM to $Kelly2DaB$  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
L i v <3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i might have a problem.. help? - October 11th 2009, 07:15 PM

wow..sounds like me!

..well i'm not sure what to tell you because i'm in the same boat. i know i shouldn't drink so much but i just can't stop..you really need to get this under control before you end up like me...i drink until i black out and then i have no clue what i'm doing..i wake up the next morning not knowing what i did or where i am. it's not a good feeling..

i can't really tell you what to do..because i don't know what to do myself. i could tell you just to stop drinking, but if your like me that's not really an option. i really don't know what to tell you, im sorry i couldn't be any help,
but if you ever need to talk to someone who knows what your going thru, im here.

good luck..if ya figure something out, let me know! lol =)

I believe in love, lust
sex & romance.
I don't want everything
to add up to a perfect equation.
I want mess and chaos.
I want someone to go crazy
out of his mind for me.
I want to feel passion
and heat and madness.
I WANT IT ALL.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ravie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i might have a problem.. help? - October 14th 2009, 08:39 AM

you need to think of how bad situations can get if you get too drunk and think of that before you get too drunk. know your limit. if its beer pong(wich i love too) play one game with 1/4 filled cups of BEER. dont play with shots, thats pretty dumb. and remember to try and take pride in not being "that drunk girl" who allways drinks too much and spends half the night in the bathroom.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lovechild777 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mindie

Re: i might have a problem.. help? - October 26th 2009, 08:39 AM

I think its pretty normal to go overboard heaps when ur young cause you only drink to get drunk (most of us) so i wouldnt worry too much

Closed Thread