TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

i cant really relax anymore - October 18th 2009, 05:34 PM

okay, so when i met my ex, he started giving me ecstasy and we used to smoke pot really often. then he got into a car crash and i went to argentina, so we spent like two months not seeing eachtoher. when we re met he started giving me his painkillers (like morphine and percs and stuff). when i left him we agreed wed stay friends. i spent the next couple of weeks being really nervous and i didnt really know why but i assumed it was just homework, and the fact that leaving him was pretty hard.
a couple of days ago i smoked pot with him and i realized right away that i was acutally able to relax. it was great. then when i sobered up i realized i cant just chill when im sober.

it sucks i dont know what to do. i mean i knwo that i cant do drugs, but i really cant live with this stress either. advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: i cant really relax anymore - October 19th 2009, 03:54 PM

There a loooads of ways Not sure if I'm allowed to say this as its a bad bad habit and will kill you etc, but smoking normal cigarettes is legal, but not sure if your old enough for them yet, aside from those 'quick fixes' most of which are illegal, you can also...

- Exercise (running, cycling, swimming etc... All meant to help)
- Get a massage (lol)
- Yoga or a similar exercise
- Music
- Just relax, take time away from everything
- Sit and chat with friends etc...

Problem is is drugs, legal or illegal, the relaxing effect they will give you is a physical and mental effect on your body, so unless your really determined, its why the habits of drug addicts are so hard to break, they calm you so well

What ever you do make sure its legal and safe as possible though

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

Closed Thread