TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Too Much.. - October 31st 2009, 02:12 PM

I have been drinking so much. I can't take the pain of the things going on around me I want to blank it all out, so I drink and drink and drink. I know alcohol isn't the answer but it helps while I am drunk. But I still come back to the same thing. It's worrying me now. All I want to do is grab a bottle of vodka but I know how wrong it is. I have been drunk every night this week besides Wednesday. I have been drinking like this for about 2 months but this is the heaviest I have ever gotten.

I need help.

"Aww How Sweet!"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Too Much.. - October 31st 2009, 03:42 PM

Hey Secret,

Admitting and talking about something like this is probably one of the harder things to do. Not only is it forcing you to admit things aren't right at this moment, but it also gets you to realizing that things might need a change and, in fact, aren't helping you go anywhere positive in life. The circle of drinking is a fierce one, and it's not easy to stop once you've convinced yourself that it's helpful at some point. As soon as you give alcohol a reason to be in your system so much, it becomes more difficult to cut back.

Everyone used to tell me drinking and drugs were the 'easy' way out of problems. I really used to believe them, and it was always something I'd consider after a hard day. However, drinking until you can't think straight or until you don't care about the problems you're drinking for isn't an easy solution. It's a procrastination technique. In the beginning, I'll be honest, it's easier. You drink, you get drunk and you forget what you're hurting for. But once you get in deeper, it becomes a cycle and consequences develop. Eventually, this will get harder to keep up with. I used to believe it was my only way to cope. Substance abuse is originally a easy solution to hiding from problems. And it works for a period of time.

But eventually, things won't seem right. You'll be missing out on feeling good without the alcohol and things will start to want to be resolved. I originally drank to solve things, but I think we both know it only pushes problems deeper.

You should be proud about writing this and talking about this. It's a good step in a good direction. Remember that. As for slowing down, concentrate on the days you are sober. You could have drank Wednesday, but you didn't. Each sober day is a good, positive step. Just quitting won't do everything though. I do believe you should start to slowly open up about the reasons you're drinking. This way, you can hopefully get rid of some reasons and, therefore, you're getting rid of a need to drink. Don't be afraid to ask for help with dealing with things. Ask for a counselor or talk things over with your friends. Get things out in the open and remember that you have the power to control these things. Try not to overwhelm yourself, but remember that it won't always be easy. But you can get to a point in life where you can deal with problems, and not suppress them.

You are a very important person, treat yourself to a sober night. It's amazing how much better you feel when you sort through a problem instead of setting it aside with a substance. Just like you did writing this thread, take that step in trying to cut back on alcohol. Maybe put your money away in a bank/savings account? Then you have a reason to save it. When someone offers to buy you something, you don't always need to say no, but try to maintain a limit, and gradually lower it.

You can do this : ). Take care of yourself and if you need anything at all, feel free to PM me anytime.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Re: Too Much.. - November 1st 2009, 12:34 AM

Thanks so much for replying.

& I am definately going to talk to someone. I'll probably talk to a close friend or a teacher. Counselors don't do much for me. Thanks and I am just going to tell my dad to stop giving me so much money. Knowing that I have a lot of money makes the temptations higher.

Thanks Melissa x

"Aww How Sweet!"

Last edited by Kokoro; November 1st 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Closed Thread