TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Question Is inhaling sharpies and markers safe? - November 19th 2009, 11:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey, i wanted to ask you guys. theres this site i went on thats supposed to be for kids and stuff. (i was looking up safe ways to get high since i heard about huffing and it was really bad for you) i thought "well is their anything you can do to get high and it be safe?
so i typed it in and their it was, saying inhaling sharpies by inhaling it from your nose was completly safe, and you can do it as much as you want.
and you will feel completly high. i want to try inhaling sharpies but im afraid to since i heard that kids died from huffing up paint thinner, hair spray, ect. just ONE TIME. they were gone forever. thats why im afraid too. so i wanna ask you, is inhaling sharpies and markers actullay safe?
i wasnt toatally convinced it was from the site, it seemed kind of in a toatal joking matter but mabie i just took it the wrong way.
so is it safe? just asking, i wud really l0ve to hear from you guys!

Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3

Me and ? = 3 days which =correct

(#2 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Is inhaling sharpies and markers safe? - November 19th 2009, 11:57 PM

well the high u get from then is a lack of oxygen to the brain so in short no its not safe its not gunna kill u right away like some other drugs but cutting off air to the brain will kill brain cells and mess u up later
honestly the safest high ive read about was weed

“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Is inhaling sharpies and markers safe? - November 20th 2009, 12:55 AM

woooah man, no inhaling markers and shit is not safe at all. the chemicals that would be going into your brain CANNOT be good for you.

too be honest, I don't know exactly why it is bad for you due too i've never had the urge to inhale markers, but I can tell 100% that its not safe.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Yen Offline
Resident Leprechaun
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ian

Re: Is inhaling sharpies and markers safe? - November 20th 2009, 01:48 AM

DEFINITELY NOT safe. Whatever you read about it was very wrong. Lemme guess... It was written by some kids? The chemicals in markers are extremely toxic. Getting high is stupid anyway you do it.

"Why isn't bull-riding (Beef NASCAR as I call it) the American sport to end all sports? It's an epic battle of the wills between a man and an angry cheeseburger; and if that doesn't typify our awesome civilization, I don't know what does."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b

Name: Šenial

Re: Is inhaling sharpies and markers safe? - November 20th 2009, 02:00 AM

i've tried alot of different things but inhaling this just sounds stupid (chemicals and wouldnt even give that much of a high imo)

if you're looking for legal highs, you can try eating nutmeg (lolololol).

afaik nothing bad can happen, but it just tastes like crap and you have to eat a fair amount of it to feel anything (and its just like a long mediocre high)

I do not promote or endorse useage of foreign substances.

Otherwise you could just do alot of excercise which makes your brain release endorphins (the chemicals that make you feel good + happy)

it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL

Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Is inhaling sharpies and markers safe? - November 20th 2009, 09:15 PM

Like everyone else said above, it's not safe at all. When looking for 'highs' you will find very few that are legal and safe. Especially safe, they are hard to find. The basic answer to this is sharpies and markers and paint are NOT safe to inhale because of their fumes. They have been proven to kill off brain cells. Which, is not good.

Because that is the straight answer, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Stay safe and strong.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

Closed Thread