TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
ShAtTerEd HeaRt's Avatar
 
Name: Winter
Gender: Female
Location: Washington

Posts: 251
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: July 16th 2009

is weed actullay safe for you? - November 20th 2009, 12:28 AM

im wondering, becuz im trying to find the most safest thing that will get me high, and the thing is, they say weed is safe, but they say it can cause cancer, diseases, ect.
im not trying to find it as a gateway drug, but i just wanna have fun
and be safe for the most part, so how is it safe if it can cause cancer, diseases, ect.?
and ive never really have tried it before and im just wondering,
how is it safe?


Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3


Me and ? = 3 days which =correct
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 20th 2009, 12:49 AM

reshearch has never been able to prove a direct link between smoking weed and lung cancer, or any other long term health problems, it does lower your lung capacity over time but that goes away if u stop and you cant overdose on weed.(a claim not even asprin can make) overall the only danger to smoking pot is that if u get caught ull have legal issues to worry about.


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
mIssIng:nO's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Other

Posts: 589
Join Date: November 15th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 20th 2009, 12:51 AM

Hey Shattered.
I'm just going to say one thing too you too start off.
I'm a big big supporter of marijuana and what it can do, everyone smokes weed for there own reasons, I myself use it too cope with knee pain from a past injury which never healed properly, I also use it when i need too be clear with my self, I find there is nothing more helpful when you need too open your soul too yourself, then using marijuana (maybe LSD, but im not getting into that). But i can say, if your looking for a high thats enjoyable when your just kicking back with your friends, weed is perfect, it gives you that "heheh, my brain is foggy and everything is awesome!" feeling, but it also allows you too do what you need to do because it doesn't completely knock you on your ass in a fucked up state (Unless its VERY potent weed, which i suggest you stay away from for a while, or you smoke a big ammount, then you'll be sitting on your ass for a while ;]) I can say, that my best work (in school, at my job or even just making music) has come while i was high, because it gives you a different view on everything, people can say what they want too say, but i live pretty much my entire life while high, and i see no problem with it, because all it does is give me a better viewpoint too live with, I don't act stupid while high, I don't get munchies and I don't run around acting like a retard, you wouldn't be able to know i was high if you have seen me. So why is it a problem?
I can't give you complete answers too your questions, but I can tell you. No smoking weed will not give you cancer, and there isn't any diseases that come directly from smoking the magic grass. But there is a few things you need to be weary of, don't smoke out of anythign that gives off fumes when you light your weed (plastic is a HUGE no no if your making a pipe/bong) and there is the whole "weed and skitzophrenia" discussion, which is that if you have underlying mental illnesses, smoking weed MAY bring them out, but thats a very, very unlikely thing too happen.
Obviously since your inhaling smoke into your lungs, its gonna have some impact on your lungs, but if your that worried about it, a vaporizer pretty much makes using marijuanna 100% safe, due too the fact that your not inhaling copious amounts of smoke, your vaporizing. But Vapes are very, very expensive for ones that will work properly, and if you want you can bake your weed into edibles, and there are plenty of guides online too doing so, but it can take alot of weed and alot of work.
All I can say is, Enjoy.

P.S, this is all just knowledge i've gathered over the years, and I may be shakey on the details, so i suggest doing your own reaserch, www.erowid.org is a very, very good site.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b
**
 
twk.'s Avatar
 
Name: Đenial
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: australiAHHH

Posts: 91
Join Date: November 12th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 20th 2009, 02:08 AM

Just remember if you spin (mixing tobacco with marijuana) then the tobacco has it's usual health impacts.

Also smoking weed has been linked to bringing out underlying mental health conditions (rare but it does happen), smoke in lungs, can cause paranoia, and some people just have weird reactions to it.

I wouldnt say it is "safe" (i dont want to encourage people) but it is no way anywhere near as harmful as other methods of getting high (things like coke, ice, heroin etc)


it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL


  Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while
********
 
Nightblood.'s Avatar
 
Gender: She/Her
Location: United States

Posts: 1,829
Blog Entries: 37
Join Date: January 11th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 20th 2009, 10:36 AM

I'd be careful, and not do it too often. My friend's boyfriend has gotten to the point that it doesn't do anything to him anymore. Also, be careful of where you get it. I've had friends go down bad roads because they didn't know their weed had another drug in it, like coke or the likes. Make sure you know what you're getting.



"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Alexx's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: England

Posts: 150
Join Date: November 10th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 20th 2009, 07:55 PM

I'm not a fan of weed. I used to be - and it is an awesome drug.

A lot of my friends have become potheads, and slower, and not as fun to be around since doing weed. They all do it regularly.

I used to do it, but it messed me up quite a lot. I worry a lot about things and suffer from depression, and was in a bad way when going into the drug. If you're in that crappy state, your drug experience is often a horrid one because of it.
It left me unhappy and extremely, extremely paranoid.

I know that doesn't tell you much but, I'm just saying anyway xD
Plus, it costs a fair amount if you do it often, and unless you know a decent dealer, you aren't getting what you pay for.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b
**
 
twk.'s Avatar
 
Name: Đenial
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: australiAHHH

Posts: 91
Join Date: November 12th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 21st 2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfPunk View Post
I'd be careful, and not do it too often. My friend's boyfriend has gotten to the point that it doesn't do anything to him anymore. Also, be careful of where you get it. I've had friends go down bad roads because they didn't know their weed had another drug in it, like coke or the likes. Make sure you know what you're getting.
3 weeks on 1 week off, for the friends bf

and lacing is pretty uncommon (lacing a fairly cheap drug weep with an exp. one like cocaine is silly for the dealer who's in it to make a profit)


it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL


  Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 21st 2009, 09:24 AM

Weed is like any other chemical you'll put into your body in that it may harm you somehow. So if you define "safe" as not having the chance it'll harm you, then weed doesn't fit the bill. But, if you compare it to chemicals such as alcohol, it's less harmful in general. While it may cause cancers, this likely won't happen for a one-time use, the same for the other diseases caused by it. However, it is possible you can experience paranoia and other unpleasent symptoms from the first use, although that's not a disease per say.

Research has shown that it can be a possible cause of psychopathology, however, it's not very potent at doing this.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Synaestheasiaen's Avatar
 

Posts: 192
Join Date: June 26th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 22nd 2009, 05:21 PM

It's good that you're asking questions and trying to find out more about pot, but there is no "safe high." I would suggest trying legal herbs you can find at smoke shops instead of trying pot first, because if you're new to trying mind altering substances, i'd rather you do it legally first than get caught with something illegal and dangerous. Herbs like Pep spice and Peace out will give you a high almost identical to weed, just more intense, giggly and without the side effects i.e. munchies, sleepiness etc. I do believe you have to be atleast 18 though. These are just a couple of legal herbs out of hundreds you can try to get high, granted though they are quite a bit more expensive then pot. They're made up of a bunch of herbs and plants and I believe a bit of marshmallow is incorporated into the mix as well.

Now, with Marijuana, it's sure as hell not as bad as it's made out to be, but it also does not cause cancer. The only way it could really just increase your chances is if you're smoking it with tobacco or tobacco residue. Joint paper is known to heighten your chances significantly as well as blunt wraps unless they're premade without tobacco inside them. It's also not addicting. Not in the physical sense of course atleast. It can become mentally habit forming, but I hardly have ever heard of anyone i've seen or met with that problem. It's just a silly pasttime to me, but it can make you paranoid, short of breath at times, induce anxiety and increase chance for respiratory illness and weaken your immune system. It also decreases your short term memory potential, but all of these things are fixable once you become accustomed to the high.
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while
********
 
Through-Glass's Avatar
 
Name: Jessi
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Eastern Tennessee

Posts: 1,323
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 22nd 2009, 09:05 PM

Hey there,

Marijuana is a relatively safe drug. There have been no reports of overdosing on weed, and it is not physically addictive. It is also much less harmful to the lungs than tobacco smoke. (Source) However, it does deplete serotonin levels, so it can be mentally habit-forming. So long as you are careful and make wise decisions about the use of marijuana, it can be a fun, safe recreational activity.

Always make good choices when using a mind-altering substance. Do so in a safe environment, around peers that you can fully trust. While it is easy to "sober up" from marijuana, you may still be less physically coordinated and have fewer inhibitions than if you were not high.

Take care, and stay safe.


[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while
********
 
Ngikhona's Avatar
 
Name: Keeley Siobhan
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 1,605
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: April 26th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 22nd 2009, 09:41 PM

I don't want to be the fun killer here, but I'm going to say I pretty much completely disagree with everything said here. Yes, weed is the least harmful of illegal drugs, but there's still the fact that it's ILLEGAL. Also, I don't want to be a fun killer again and bring age into this, but you're THIRTEEN. You don't need pot to enjoy yourself or "find out who you are". I've got a decent amount of experience with people smoking pot and can say I never will smoke because of the experiences I've seen. Depression can be worsened in the long run if you smoke weed. Every person I've known who's smoked weed has gotten dumber every day pretty much. I don't care if I get opposition about this, because in all my experiences that's what happens. People slow down so much and are just terrible to be around. It may be fun at first, but with time it's like you're drained of things. Smoking if you're depressed or have any sorts of disorders like that (BPD, schizophrenia, etc) is a terrible idea. You can get paranoid and flip out and it's just really bad. Also, if you smoke a decent amount and then try to stop, it can be absolute hell. People get violent, angry, and depressed. Obviously what I'm saying is my own opinion, and if you choose to do it just remember it's at your own risk.

Everything I'm saying is from multiple personal experiences, so if you have any issues with what I'm saying PM me or something.


"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b
**
 
twk.'s Avatar
 
Name: Đenial
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: australiAHHH

Posts: 91
Join Date: November 12th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 22nd 2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenMae View Post
I don't want to be the fun killer here, but I'm going to say I pretty much completely disagree with everything said here. Yes, weed is the least harmful of illegal drugs, but there's still the fact that it's ILLEGAL. Also, I don't want to be a fun killer again and bring age into this, but you're THIRTEEN. You don't need pot to enjoy yourself or "find out who you are". I've got a decent amount of experience with people smoking pot and can say I never will smoke because of the experiences I've seen. Depression can be worsened in the long run if you smoke weed. Every person I've known who's smoked weed has gotten dumber every day pretty much. I don't care if I get opposition about this, because in all my experiences that's what happens. People slow down so much and are just terrible to be around. It may be fun at first, but with time it's like you're drained of things. Smoking if you're depressed or have any sorts of disorders like that (BPD, schizophrenia, etc) is a terrible idea. You can get paranoid and flip out and it's just really bad. Also, if you smoke a decent amount and then try to stop, it can be absolute hell. People get violent, angry, and depressed. Obviously what I'm saying is my own opinion, and if you choose to do it just remember it's at your own risk.

Everything I'm saying is from multiple personal experiences, so if you have any issues with what I'm saying PM me or something.
Smoking regularly can cause problems

smoking occasionly does not tend to invoke dependant behaviours from what i've seen.


it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL


  Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while
********
 
Through-Glass's Avatar
 
Name: Jessi
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Eastern Tennessee

Posts: 1,323
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 22nd 2009, 09:53 PM

I don't think it's fair to say that everyone will react to a drug the same way. Again, this is why you have to be careful, and why marijuana is only a relatively safe drug. I have quite a bit of personal experience with this, as well.

From what I've seen, it can be safe and fun in moderation. If smoked daily, it can trigger depression, crankiness, and anxiety if stopped suddenly. It depletes serotonin levels, as I said. But that doesn't mean that you will get a bad effect from just smoking occasionally.

It is definitely a bad idea if you already suffer from some sort of mental illness. While marijuana does NOT cause mental illness, it can trigger symptoms of a disorder you already have.

It is true that marijuana is illegal. However, so are many other things, such as underaged drinking. I would rather someone be informed on a topic than go into these situations completely ignorant. I do not encourage illegal activity in any way, shape or form; however, if someone is going to do these things, I think it is important that they know what is and isn't safe physically.


[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
ShAtTerEd HeaRt's Avatar
 
Name: Winter
Gender: Female
Location: Washington

Posts: 251
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: July 16th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 22nd 2009, 10:58 PM

I actully toatally get what "ImogenMae" just said right there. that actullay made me relize something. I dont really think i should do it at all what so ever becuz i have depression and its more bad now that its winter. its not near at all as bad as how it used to be a couple years ago. but im pretty sure if i use marijuana i mean, ill be soooooooooo much more depressed than i am right now.

Now im not trying to be dumb or anything but my boyfriend has done marijuana multiple times. he said hell stop becuz he says hes not really addicted
so he can stop. i told him since hes gotten into it already that i dont really wanna just say he cant do it anymore. i just told him to just do it every once in a while ya know? not all the time though.
i asked him what its like to do marijuana, and he said he has ADHD (but its not that bad at all really) and the marijuana doesnt really make his ADHD any worse it just really makes him really,really calm and peaceful, it doesnt really do much for him other than that. so hes done it multiple times. so it makes me feel more at peace with doing it and i just want to try it out even more now that my boyfriend does it.

but i dont toatally trust him becuz of our kast relationship together in june this year,
since he was such a jackass and beat people up and stuff. he dumped me and all of that and he was just an ass at the time we werent really mature at all with it ya know? so he broke my trust with him completly really.

now weve gotten back together and my trust has come back some with him since it seems like hes way more sweeter and has grownup now. he 13 also, but he doesnt really dress gangster anymore, but hes had multiple girlfriends and stuff and hes benne in trouble with the police 2 times becuz he got into fights and everything.
that hadnt really happened lately. hes bene doing better.
but i still dont toatally trust him, especially since ive never seen or bene with him when hes high on marijuana, so thats what REALLY SCARES ME. i dont know what he wud really do if we were both alone and he was high and i was high or he was just the one that was high. im just afraid hell beat me up or rape me or something like that or not listen to me becuz of it, so im afraid of that. and i dont want that to happen,

do you think if im ever alone with him i should be cautious? i mean, what should i do about that?


Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3


Me and ? = 3 days which =correct
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b
**
 
twk.'s Avatar
 
Name: Đenial
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: australiAHHH

Posts: 91
Join Date: November 12th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAtTerEd HeaRt View Post
but i still dont toatally trust him, especially since ive never seen or bene with him when hes high on marijuana, so thats what REALLY SCARES ME. i dont know what he wud really do if we were both alone and he was high and i was high or he was just the one that was high. im just afraid hell beat me up or rape me or something like that or not listen to me becuz of it, so im afraid of that. and i dont want that to happen,

do you think if im ever alone with him i should be cautious? i mean, what should i do about that?

i doubt marijuana would invoke this sort of behaviour. It just makes you want to chill and take things slow, relax, giggle, think, watch the wind etc. I've been with alot of people smoking and as far as my memory serves me i've never seen any one become physically aggressive (like other drugs can)


it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL


  Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
no.ordinary.dreamer's Avatar
 
Name: Samantha
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 358
Join Date: May 29th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 01:50 AM

I do not support the use of marijuana. No drug is actually safe. I do not recommend it because it can hurt your body and you can get addicted.


~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
no.ordinary.dreamer's Avatar
 
Name: Samantha
Age: 25
Gender: Female

Posts: 358
Join Date: May 29th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 01:51 AM

i totally agree with imogenmae


~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 02:11 AM

Just because It's a gateway drug, I dont support it. Even the possibility of it leading to other drugs makes me look down upon it.

And being a child of an ex-meth addict and alcoholic, I don't take lightly to drugs.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b
**
 
twk.'s Avatar
 
Name: Đenial
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: australiAHHH

Posts: 91
Join Date: November 12th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
Just because It's a gateway drug, I dont support it. Even the possibility of it leading to other drugs makes me look down upon it.

And being a child of an ex-meth addict and alcoholic, I don't take lightly to drugs.
arguably

Quote:
Myth: Marijuana is a Gateway Drug. Even if marijuana itself causes minimal harm, it is a dangerous substance because it leads to the use of "harder drugs" like heroin, LSD, and cocaine.
Fact: Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs. What the gateway theory presents as a causal explanation is a statistic association between common and uncommon drugs, an association that changes over time as different drugs increase and decrease in prevalence. Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug in the United States today. Therefore, people who have used less popular drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, are likely to have also used marijuana. Most marijuana users never use any other illegal drug. Indeed, for the large majority of people, marijuana is a terminus rather than a gateway drug
(Source)

however i found that Marijuana for me was a gateway drug.


it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL


  Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
zombie888 Offline
"Piece" of Mind
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
zombie888's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: Scarlet and Gray

Posts: 21
Join Date: November 19th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 02:55 AM

It is pretty safe to the extent smoking can be. I've done lots of research. The worst that I've found is that regular use, (near everyday) stretches the neurotransmitters, essentially causing you to think and process slower, but it doesn't kill brain cells. It's only worse compared to tobacco due to the fact that it has more tar which causes the lower lung capacity (again, consistent use.) Out of "safety," stick to smoking once every 2-3 weeks, if that. But above all, have fun!
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Algernon's Avatar
 
Name: Holly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Roseville, California

Posts: 4,124
Join Date: January 21st 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twk. View Post
arguably



(Source)

however i found that Marijuana for me was a gateway drug.
As in your last sentence, you verfied my opinion as being unarguable in this thread. You can't argue possibility.


Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while
********
 
Through-Glass's Avatar
 
Name: Jessi
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: Eastern Tennessee

Posts: 1,323
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 03:56 AM

I do not believe that just because some users of marijuana go on to use other drugs, that affects whether or not marijuana in itself is a safe drug. I believe in free-will, and do not believe that marijuana can MAKE someone use other drugs.


[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 06:58 AM

you will notice the only ppl saying weed is bad have most likley never used it
thats like asking a 13 year old is driving a car easy, they wouldnt know so all they have to go on is what they hear. so unless u like making choices based on rumors than all of there arguments pretty much go out the window


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while
********
 
Ngikhona's Avatar
 
Name: Keeley Siobhan
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Colorado

Posts: 1,605
Blog Entries: 22
Join Date: April 26th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
you will notice the only ppl saying weed is bad have most likley never used it
thats like asking a 13 year old is driving a car easy, they wouldnt know so all they have to go on is what they hear. so unless u like making choices based on rumors than all of there arguments pretty much go out the window
I've never used it. I've been very close to people who have and seen them go through all the crap that comes with smoking. These aren't rumors, they're real experiences.


"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
you will notice the only ppl saying weed is bad have most likley never used it
thats like asking a 13 year old is driving a car easy, they wouldnt know so all they have to go on is what they hear. so unless u like making choices based on rumors than all of there arguments pretty much go out the window
Except for the fact that some of the people who haven't used it may base their claims on verified, empirical evidence. You will notice though that I said "some" because plenty of people who haven't used weed don't use or understand the empirical evidence and so you do have a point with saying they base it on rumour-like statements. However, not all non-users are like this, so making such a generalization is inaccurate. You also have a point in that non-users don't know how the exact effects truly feel, however, that's no reason for attempting to dismiss them. It's like saying only those who know the first-hand effects of alcohol can say why alcohol is good or bad. They are biased, just as the non-users can be biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie888
It is pretty safe to the extent smoking can be. I've done lots of research. The worst that I've found is that regular use, (near everyday) stretches the neurotransmitters, essentially causing you to think and process slower, but it doesn't kill brain cells. It's only worse compared to tobacco due to the fact that it has more tar which causes the lower lung capacity (again, consistent use.) Out of "safety," stick to smoking once every 2-3 weeks, if that. But above all, have fun!
It does far more than "stretch" neurotransmitters, it interacts with various receptors such as CB1 and CB2 receptors and can have effects outside the CNS, such as some suppression of the immune system, chromosomal damage and decreased gonadotropic hormone production.

I guess you don't consider memory impariment, various forms of cancers, decreased motivation and flat affect to be all that bad of symptoms, do you?

In all honesty though, I cant find it believable you've done a lot of research by the phrase you use of it stretches neurotransmitters. I'm not quite sure what you even mean by "stretching neurotransmitters" because in the years I've had of studying pharmacology, neurology, molecular biology and integrative physiology, I've never come across a term of something somehow stretching neurotransmitters. So can you explain what stretching neurotransmitters means? I'm also interested in what credible sources mention that weed simply stretches neurotransmitters to cause the symptoms.
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
bremer1990 Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
bremer1990's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: earth

Posts: 11
Join Date: November 22nd 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 01:52 PM

i herd shrooms were actually healthy for you. but i have no data backing that up.


Sober since 11/14/09
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
l0stCause's Avatar
 
Age: 27

Posts: 277
Join Date: November 17th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 01:55 PM

as i said before there has never been a link between long term use on marijuana and any long term physical damage. the only bad part physically is that over time you will lose lung capacity,(and with the use of a vaporizer it will not only stop this efect but it is actuslly good for your lungs) i dont see how you can say its dangerous when any cough medicine you buy at the local grocery store is far worse. and for all of you people saying how it destroyed your friends lives, yes in some rare cases ppl with weaker minds can loose control however i have seen far more ppl be saved by weed using it as anything from a stress reliever pain treatment, naussa cure and sleep aid to ever believe that the bad outwheighs the possitive effects. besides if you look into its history the only reason weed was outlawed was because of racist upper-class lawmakers who didnt understand what it was


“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b
**
 
twk.'s Avatar
 
Name: Đenial
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Location: australiAHHH

Posts: 91
Join Date: November 12th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 23rd 2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
As in your last sentence, you verfied my opinion as being unarguable in this thread. You can't argue possibility.


what i meant was, i used marijuana before i tried anything else, but in saying that if i hadn't of used marijuana i still would have tried those substances.

I know what i said was pretty contradictory , im not trying to argue was just putting that out there. (theres enough arguing in this thread already )


it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL


  Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
mIssIng:nO's Avatar
 
Age: 27
Gender: Other

Posts: 589
Join Date: November 15th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 24th 2009, 04:03 AM

The whole "gateway" drug is fucking retarded.
The whole fact that most people start with weed is because its the cheapest and arguably the easiest too get (in most cases), Will people go bigger from there? Possibly, but you can't say if you use weed your going to try other things. I started smoking weed and have tried other drugs, but thats because i was curious as too what they do, not because "i was chasing a better high", if anything Weed is and will always be the only drug I use more then occasionally, I don't even drink. And I disagree that people using drugs is bad. Its there body they can do what they want, but once there drug use gets in the way of other things, then its time too start thinking about whether you should be doing it. I could careless if you want too smoke a joint, have a drink or eat shrooms, aslong as you can be responsible with your use, and use when you should be.
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Alexx's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: England

Posts: 150
Join Date: November 10th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 25th 2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
you will notice the only ppl saying weed is bad have most likley never used it
thats like asking a 13 year old is driving a car easy, they wouldnt know so all they have to go on is what they hear. so unless u like making choices based on rumors than all of there arguments pretty much go out the window
I actually think that's a lot of shit.
They are asking whether weed is safe - and a person's own experiences and opinions are just as important whether they have actually done them, or seen a friend do them.

And, I said weed is bad, and I was a heavy user for a long amount of time.
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Ollie-'s Avatar
 
Name: Ollie
Gender: Male
Location: norfolk

Posts: 46
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: is weed actullay safe for you? - November 25th 2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIssIng:nO View Post
Hey Shattered.
I'm just going to say one thing too you too start off.
I'm a big big supporter of marijuana and what it can do, everyone smokes weed for there own reasons, I myself use it too cope with knee pain from a past injury which never healed properly, I also use it when i need too be clear with my self, I find there is nothing more helpful when you need too open your soul too yourself, then using marijuana (maybe LSD, but im not getting into that). But i can say, if your looking for a high thats enjoyable when your just kicking back with your friends, weed is perfect, it gives you that "heheh, my brain is foggy and everything is awesome!" feeling, but it also allows you too do what you need to do because it doesn't completely knock you on your ass in a fucked up state (Unless its VERY potent weed, which i suggest you stay away from for a while, or you smoke a big ammount, then you'll be sitting on your ass for a while ;]) I can say, that my best work (in school, at my job or even just making music) has come while i was high, because it gives you a different view on everything, people can say what they want too say, but i live pretty much my entire life while high, and i see no problem with it, because all it does is give me a better viewpoint too live with, I don't act stupid while high, I don't get munchies and I don't run around acting like a retard, you wouldn't be able to know i was high if you have seen me. So why is it a problem?
I can't give you complete answers too your questions, but I can tell you. No smoking weed will not give you cancer, and there isn't any diseases that come directly from smoking the magic grass. But there is a few things you need to be weary of, don't smoke out of anythign that gives off fumes when you light your weed (plastic is a HUGE no no if your making a pipe/bong) and there is the whole "weed and skitzophrenia" discussion, which is that if you have underlying mental illnesses, smoking weed MAY bring them out, but thats a very, very unlikely thing too happen.
Obviously since your inhaling smoke into your lungs, its gonna have some impact on your lungs, but if your that worried about it, a vaporizer pretty much makes using marijuanna 100% safe, due too the fact that your not inhaling copious amounts of smoke, your vaporizing. But Vapes are very, very expensive for ones that will work properly, and if you want you can bake your weed into edibles, and there are plenty of guides online too doing so, but it can take alot of weed and alot of work.
All I can say is, Enjoy.

P.S, this is all just knowledge i've gathered over the years, and I may be shakey on the details, so i suggest doing your own reaserch, www.erowid.org is a very, very good site.
quoted for truth

Marijuana is not a gateway drug, at the end of the day, the person WANTED to use marijuana, therefore they must want to use the next drug, giving someone pot, who wants to try pot (just pot), doesnt mean that after they smoke it they will want to drop acid or anything...its a rubbish theory that marijuana is a gateway drug..then again..most stuff the government put out about drugs is compelete crap..

Last edited by Ollie-; November 26th 2009 at 02:24 AM.
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
actullay, safe, weed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.