TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Question Go ask Alice - January 7th 2010, 11:34 PM

Ok, i just read the book go ask Alice. I'm sure a lot of u have heard of it, and in the book Alice describes this awsome sensation and everything... I am interested what it really feels like. Does anyone know? The drugs she used in the book are pot, LSD, heroin, marijuana, Speed and something else i dont remember...

I wanna do a report on it and some information would be great
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Go ask Alice - January 8th 2010, 07:36 AM

Hey-

For starters, I want to remind you to focus on the negative aspects of the novel. At first, honestly it made me want to try a lot of drugs I haven't tried before. But in reality, while the feeling is originally good, the cons outweigh the pros. You get addicted and all these bad things happen. It's not a safe place to be as I'm sure you know. I'd make sure to try to highlight that in your report.

Also, I'm sure you know, but I do want to clarify pot and marijuana are the same thing usually. But anyway! I have only experienced the feeling of weed out of the things listed. And sometimes it makes me extremely paranoid, but sometimes it just relaxes me. I usually have random twitches for the first fifteen minutes or so. I'm really spacey and can't concentrate well. I really have to focus hard to even have a conversation. I've also ran through toll booths without paying. It's stupid. I always feel stupid while I'm doing it, and after for making the decision to do it.

If you Google search any of the drugs, there should be some great descriptions as to how they affect you short and long term physically. Some will get in to the addiction as well.

This sounds like it could be a really cool report. Good luck!
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
J4K3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jake

Re: Go ask Alice - January 9th 2010, 11:58 AM

Ooo.. Never heroin, its poison. Pot is marijuana lol, its nothing special, it dulls your sences and gives you the giggles. LSD is amphetamines which just keeps you awake and gives you a wierd buzz, allot of energy and an alert fealing. And if the other one you forgot is MDMA then thats pure extasy, the ultimate ravers drug, its what pills have like 20% in and 80% of crap... That out of all the drugs you mentioned and any others really would make you feal as good, but its not too safe because it can give you an irregular heart beat... Did i help much, lol?

Send a message via MSN to J4K3  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rosemma Offline
PullMe IntoYour PerfectCircle.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Rosemma

Re: Go ask Alice - January 9th 2010, 03:51 PM

Ive always found erowid.org to be a useful resource for me personally.
I always go there to find more information about drugs.
The give details on effects - good and bad, as well as descriptions, laws, dosages, images, health etc. All the basics and links to other resources.

Looking at your age, remember theres plenty of time to try things in the future. I wouldnt advise you to try drugs at your age.
But remember in the future, make sure you know everything and read up on it before you try it.

Good luck on the report

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Go ask Alice - January 9th 2010, 05:22 PM

I don't know anything about drugs really, but I would like to point out to you that it is a fictional book, in case you didn't know. Because everyone thinks it's a non-fiction story.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Go ask Alice - January 9th 2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4K3 View Post
Ooo.. Never heroin, its poison. Pot is marijuana lol, its nothing special, it dulls your sences and gives you the giggles. LSD is amphetamines which just keeps you awake and gives you a wierd buzz, allot of energy and an alert fealing. And if the other one you forgot is MDMA then thats pure extasy, the ultimate ravers drug, its what pills have like 20% in and 80% of crap... That out of all the drugs you mentioned and any others really would make you feal as good, but its not too safe because it can give you an irregular heart beat... Did i help much, lol?

LSD is a psychedelic, very far off from what you described :P

Weed is Pot, basically the "beer" of drugs, its the easiest too get and generally the cheapest. Generally you can't go wrong smoking weed, far less can happen then if you drink too much.

After that, everything gets fucked up, LSD is a very high psychedelic, I suggest that if you do decide to try LSD, you're 100% sure about what your doing, and know forsure that its what you want too do.

MDMA is a very fun drug, but also has very very bad side effects if your not careful, i've heard of atleast 6 Ecstacy related deaths in the past liek 2 years, and I'm suer there are alot more, appearntly its very easy to OD on MDMA (Ecstacy).
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain MDMA is just the pure Ecstacy that you want too get. E has a bunch of other shit in it alot of the time.

Keep your mind open, but also know your limits.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Go ask Alice - January 10th 2010, 05:50 PM

LSD is NOT an amphetamine. It is a psychedelic. Two completely different categories of drugs. Not to mention pure MDMA is not ecstasy either like the person above me stated . Ecstasy is almost always a product of sassafras oil. Even if you have Molly you never really know what you're getting. Powdered or pill type drugs are very sketchy because you can never really tell what the distributors actually put in them. It could range anywhere from crushed glass and drywall to meth and MDA which is the fatal counterpart of MDMA. Pretty much one of the only ways you can attempt to find out what's in a pill is to go to pillreports.com but even that doesn't help all that much because there's a vast amount of drugs circulated around the world that look alike but don't come from the same dealers.

Just because somebody in a fictional book describes how amazing the drugs they've done feel, it doesn't mean you'd react in the same way, not to mention it's not a good reason to want to try them either. Before you make the decision of trying any type of drug visit erowid.org. Always a good source of drug information.

Last edited by Synaestheasiaen; January 11th 2010 at 02:41 PM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Shayjaggers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shayla

Re: Go ask Alice - January 13th 2010, 05:28 AM

I too have read that book, and many others involving heavy drug use (Crank, Glass, etc.)
I realize the characters may make the drugs sound fun and describe the feelings as amazing, however that is not the point the author is trying to make. If you recall, these books never have happy endings.

As for what they really feel like, I have only ever tried marijuana. It takes a few times to really get the full effect of it, but I've found that it makes me overly giggly and sometimes moving my head gives a frame-by-frame effect which is really hard to describe. However, it's nothing that remarkable.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
AlkalineTears Offline
Hellbound
Not a n00b

Name: Nameless

Re: Go ask Alice - January 16th 2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4K3 View Post
Ooo.. Never heroin, its poison. Pot is marijuana lol, its nothing special, it dulls your sences and gives you the giggles.
Wrong, it makes your awareness levels abnormally high - which for the human brain is unable to take in all of it at once and thus it feels as if you are doped up but really you are oversensing everything at once.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Go ask Alice - January 16th 2010, 07:56 PM

I would never use any kind of substances. I can tell you first hand, I've seen what it does to people (family members), and it's no joke. It's not a big party and it's not fun, it's a huge nightmare and it becomes an enemy. It will destroy your life and take away everything important to you. If it becomes an addiction, you will want to stop but it'll be a hard battle. You don't want to have to go through that, so just stay away from drugs. It's the smart thing to do, just stay away from it, no matter how much epople try to pressure you into it.
Most people try and pressure you into those things so they won't feel left out, so they feel better about themselves. I had a friend like that once and that's not a true friend. I refused to be dragged down into the gutter with her.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Go ask Alice - January 18th 2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
I would never use any kind of substances. I can tell you first hand, I've seen what it does to people (family members), and it's no joke. It's not a big party and it's not fun, it's a huge nightmare and it becomes an enemy. It will destroy your life and take away everything important to you. If it becomes an addiction, you will want to stop but it'll be a hard battle. You don't want to have to go through that, so just stay away from drugs. It's the smart thing to do, just stay away from it, no matter how much epople try to pressure you into it.
Most people try and pressure you into those things so they won't feel left out, so they feel better about themselves. I had a friend like that once and that's not a true friend. I refused to be dragged down into the gutter with her.
Okay this is being a bit biased. No offense of course, but the poster didn't even mention anything about pressure. They got this assumption from a fiction book. Just because you've had bad experiences with drugs doesn't necessarily mean the OP will too, he/she is just going about it for the complete wrong reasons.

Closed Thread