TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hott6pac Offline
Average Joe

Need help for a college project - January 25th 2010, 05:39 PM

I am expected to write a piece detailing drug use/mis-use and i've got a whole plan of what i'm going to write, only, i cant find alot of info on the web. I'm wondering if people can shed any light on the following;

(The two drugs i picked to write about are cocaine and marijuana, since they are quite popular drugs).

1) Where drugs come from? E.g Country of origin. How they illegally enter the UK
2) Who the drugs to go and how they are distributed e.g Imported to a crime-ring boss, who gives it to local drug dealers, who give him half the money for the sales etc.
3) the drug users, how they fund their drug usage?

Say for example someone was caught with 100,000 of cocaine, where would he be taking it? To a dealer etc? Who would buy it? etc

I really don't know alot about drugs, hence asking for help.

thanks

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Caro Offline
Average Joe

Re: Need help for a college project - January 25th 2010, 10:00 PM

Hey there,

It's really cool that you are doing your project on this topic but unfortunately you probably won't find a whole lot of information. The answers to the first two questions will probably be very vague. I don't think any one except for the ones directly involved will know very much about it, and those people are probably not on TeenHelp or will be very reluctant to give up information.

To my knowledge drugs come from every country, as for the big exporters, I really don't know.

Drug users can fund their habits in many ways. It really depends on how much they consume. For example, I occasionally smoke weed which isn't that expensive, at least not in Canada. It's pretty much the equivalent of buying alcohol. For people who are addicted and consume copious amounts, they will do whatever it takes to get money. Some even sell their bodies. It all really depends.

Here is a site that might have information for you: http://www.erowid.org/

Hope it helps and good luck!

Caro

(#3 (permalink)) Old
hott6pac Offline
Average Joe

Re: Need help for a college project - January 26th 2010, 08:12 PM

thanks Caro,

i appreciate it.

It'd be a huge huge help if people could even PM me privately to discuss it. I am genuinely not looking to expose or exploit people who use any substance whatsoever, i am purely researching it and i hope people feel like they can discuss it with me so i can better understand what i'm talking about when i come to do my talk in college!

thanks again

(#4 (permalink)) Old
the.end Offline
whisper from your father
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need help for a college project - January 31st 2010, 07:42 PM

a large majority of the herion in the world comes from asian/middle eastern countries.

like Caro said, these things aren't going to be on the internet. I can answer the last although it differs for everyone.

i work, thats how the usage was funded. and if i didn't have enough money i'd do anything to get it. lying to people. selling things. forgoing eating so i'd have the money for other things.

addicts who have lost everything go to some serious measures to get their drug. prostitution, selling their own plasma, anything really. you could learn a lot if you watch the american TV show "Intervention". you can watch the first two seasons on hulu.com

the show basically follows drug addicts [and other addicts] and their families through an intervention.

Closed Thread