TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Ecstasy - February 14th 2010, 07:00 PM

I'm probably going to a rave this weekend, and my friend has some Ecstasy he wants me to take with him before hand. I'm certainly not new to drugs, but I'm careful to make sure I know what I'm taking before I take it, researching, etc. I also have a friend who told me if he's off work he'll stay sober and make sure I'm okay, as I do have a slight tendency to get slightly paranoid. I'm also worried about having a multiple day crash that super sucks.

I'm doing all my research, but I'd really like to hear if you guys have any experiences around it, and what you think. I know I'd be in as safe of conditions as I could be at a rave.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Ecstasy - February 14th 2010, 07:04 PM

I personally would never recommend it to anyone. Even though there is no solid proof that it can damage your short term and long term memory, I know personally that it affected me in a negative way, as well as others. For what the high was, it was not worth the side affects. Not to mention, it can cause heart problems if you have an underlying condition. Honestly, its really not worth it. And I really don’t want you to get hurt. Plus the whole, its illegal thing. But you already knew that.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Ecstasy - February 14th 2010, 07:09 PM

What Lizzie said, then I'd like to add the whole crashing after thing. I've never actually done it myself (I've been too afraid to mix my medication with it) but when my friend does it she always becomes pretty depressed afterwards.
I wouldn't really recommend it, but it's your body and we can't stop you.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Ecstasy - February 14th 2010, 07:21 PM

I'd advise you not to take it. I'm not sure what the law on it is in the US but it's class A in Britain and for good reason.

People die from taking this sort of drug so even if you do have a friend there to make sure you're okay it doesn't necessarily mean it's all going to be okay. What happens if you faint because of dehydration/exhaustion? Will your friend know what to do?

But ultimately it is your decision and if you've got your mind set on it then there's nothing anyone can say to stop you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Ecstasy - February 14th 2010, 09:13 PM

dont take it, i saw on a film at school this girl took it and died from taking it because it made her thirsty and she drank so much water she drowned her kidneys. dont take it. say no.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Ecstasy - February 15th 2010, 12:05 AM

if you're going to take it, i wouldn't drink alcohol as well.. personally, i never had any problems with it but i do know a lot of people who felt depressed, even suicidal after taking it. it's risky because you obviously don't know how it will affect you. it's good to know that you'll have someone to make sure you're ok though. at the end of the day it's up to you. i wouldn't encourage anyone to take it because i don't think it's worth the risks but because i've taken it in the past it would be hypocritical for me to be all 'omg no that's stupid!!.' also, i'd recommend not taking more than one pill at a time if you haven't used it before.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Ecstasy - February 15th 2010, 12:13 AM

Ecstasy is a tricky thing my friend. You can do as much research as you want, but when you actually get the pill, you NEVER know what was made with it. It could be a meth bomb, chock full of disgusting & dirty chemicals=a very unpleasant, dirty roll or kill you because it was really MDA and not MDMA. You could do all the research you want on the pill you're getting but it will never work out because all pills come from different dealers almost every time.

All I can tell you is that if you decide to roll, you can trust me and know that no rave is ever safe. Sorry but raves are almost always in sketchy and dangerous areas. I'd know because I go every month or so to raves in the ghetto-est of Chicago and it's not pretty. People will break into your cars and unless the hosts have top-notch security or paid off cops, you need to watch your ass and be careful around these people. I personally love raves and there's never any drama there because my friends are great hosts and always have the best security but I honestly couldn't tell you whether or not to do it. Make SURE you can trust whomever is getting the pills for you and that they are experienced.

If you get a good roll it'll be clean feeling, you may feel a bit nauseated right before and like you're about to drop (like on a roller coaster before the big drop) or get a head ache. The best thing to do is to power nap before hand or just try to relax and chill. Raving and rolling is in a completely different ballpark then rolling while chilling with friends. 98% of the time i've rolled at a rave I hallucinated. It's amazing and fun and you make so many new friends if you have a good time, but please, no matter how fucked up you get, do NOT ever stray away from your friends and if you do make sure you guys figure out a place to go to meet up if you get separated. Drink water, but not too much. Take small sips and don't overdo it because like one poster said, you really can drown yourself and only take one pill. Please. That's all you'll need. You don't want to overheat your body. Also, last thing. You may end up making a complete fool of yourself. Ecstasy turns you into a completely different person when fucked up. Please be careful. It's your decision, not ours. If you have any questions please PM me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Re: Ecstasy - February 15th 2010, 04:50 PM

Thank you so much for all your feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm not worried about the actual safety of the rave. I know it's not 100% safe or even close, but I feel like I'm going to do everything I can to make it as safe as I can. I plan on parking my car at a friend's who lives a couple of blocks over, being with a large group of friends, etc.

Also, I've spoken with my friends (as I've done other drugs with them before) and it's always made VERY clear between us to not hesitate to call 911. And I mean, when you're in the drug world it happens, and I've seen my friends call and I trust them. I also know I'd call for help if they needed it, and they'd do the same for me.

I'd be getting the pills before hand from a trusted friend who ends up taking the same thing, and she wouldn't take it if she thought it was cut with something awful. And even if I (Higher power forgive) do get something bad, I know that's a risk I'm taking. I'm aware I could die from drinking too much water, or having a bad reaction, or it being cut with something, or a million other things. I also understand that's the power of drugs.

I also don't take the law into much consideration to be honest. Weed's not legal, along with other drugs I've done, if I can go black out drinking alcohol and get alcohol poisoning legally (once 21 of course) I should be able to smoke a bowl or pop a pill even if it does have the potential of lethal side effects in my opinion. Not trying to start a debate, just saying this isn't a big deal for me.

So I guess overall what I'm most worried about is the crash. It's really the main thing holding me back. Also I'm reading that it can effect SSRI's. Does anyone know, is it the effects of SSRI's that it reduces or the effects of the Ecstasy?

-Robert Frost

(#9 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Ecstasy - February 15th 2010, 06:08 PM

Maria,

I have taken ecstasy before, and I do regret it. I had severe panic attacks, which ended up me passing out. So if you want to be safe at the rave, I suggest you don't. You will have more fun without being on it. All in all though, we can't tell you what you can and can't do, we know that you will do what you want to do. Just be sure to do what YOU want and not to let others pressure you into doing what you don't want to do.

As for the SSRI's I have never had to deal with that issue. However, my after effects were that I was very weak, nearly passing out, and extremely dehydrated, I was extremely depressed and a bit suicidal.

Have fun, and stay safe
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Ecstasy - February 15th 2010, 07:24 PM

In terms of the SSRI thing I believe the risk would be serotonin syndrome. I've had that before, it really isn't very fun. The treatments for serotonin syndrome aren't fun either (and can have permanent affects, you can PM me if you want to know about what it did to me).

I'm not too sure about the crash specific to ecstasy, but if it's anything like what cocaine's crash is like it can get extreme (to the point of being suicidal, especially if you already have a mood disorder). Also, I haven't read this anywhere online, but I'm pretty sure that if you have something like bipolar it can permanently speed up your mood swings, and if I remember correctly you have bipolar NOS right? It would make sense seeing as antidepressants can do that, and when I think about ecstasy I think of an extreme version of an antidepressant.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Ecstasy - February 15th 2010, 10:49 PM

The common 'street' knowledge is that the effects of Ectasy is reduced considerably when using most SSRI's.

However, I have read many studies contradicting that fact. Some claim that is has no effect, others claim you will have a similar E high with added effects from the mixture with your SSRI's.

And I know you're aware of this but you need to be so damn careful with E. Ecstasy is just a pill shoved full of all sorts of rubbish these days.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Re: Ecstasy - February 15th 2010, 11:45 PM

Do you guys think cocaine would be safer than E? I know the addictive qualities, but I feel more comfortable with that. I'm not just trying to find a drug to use, I just know I have to have my mind set on what I will do and what I won't before I go in or I'll put myself in a bad position.

-Robert Frost

(#13 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Ecstasy - February 16th 2010, 05:11 AM

I have done cocaine before, and I highly recommend that you don't use it, its extremely addicting.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Ecstasy - February 16th 2010, 02:38 PM

I definitely think SSRIs are effected. Your serotonin levels will be very low for the come down and sometimes you may feel like you want to die, or you will fine. When you're coming off there may be some agitation and whatnot, but what I do is smoke alot of weed and take a small sedative if the come down is bad. Cocaine, unless fish scale is just as bad as E because once again you never know what you're getting. When they cut the coke they'll sometimes throw in crushed glass or even dry wall before you get it. It is also as previously stated one of the most addictive drugs out there next to heroin. It's also not really a raving type drug to be honest. I don't really see how you could have any sort of fun at a rave and not being on a drug or drinking because 99.9% of the ravers there are always on something, and if that wasn't true i'd say it doesn't really matter what you do while there and while true, raves are about the music, but the substances enhance it. Just remember that when you go to a rave, focus on the music and not getting obliterated every time.

Last edited by Synaestheasiaen; February 16th 2010 at 02:44 PM.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Re: Ecstasy - February 17th 2010, 04:35 AM

So after talking with multiple, I've decided that I'm going to try to find someone who's a good role model to be sober with during the rave while in my town. The crash of E scares me too much to be honest.

Thank you for all your help and advice. I really appreciate it!
If I mod sees this before I get a chance to PM them, you can go ahead and close it.

Maria.

-Robert Frost

(#16 (permalink)) Old
garin Offline
The ashes of the phoenix
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Ecstasy - February 17th 2010, 05:01 AM

the problem with drugs is that they affect everyone differently. I have seen someone smoke weed and pass out asleep in like 10min. I have seen some smoke it and you would think that they had drank a large energy drink. I have experienced it 6-8 times in my life and almost none of those were the same effect as the last. same with X. I have done it 4 times with 3 other people my wife included. We didn't go to a rave but what I do remember is the hypersensitivity to everything around me. I was more thirsty than normal most of those times but not every time. I never really noticed anything bad in the morning after, maybe a bit groggy but nothing some water and fresh air didn't cure. Like i said though, take this with a grain of salt since it affects everyone differently.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ollie

Re: Ecstasy - February 19th 2010, 11:31 AM

i dont think you would get a comedown, especially if its the first time you would have been takin it. but like everyone else has said, in the end its not really worth it, when you start getting a comedown thats when you realise how much it frys your brain.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Ecstasy - February 19th 2010, 11:46 AM

My friends brother died just from taking one bad hit a couple years ago. Deff not worth it in my opinion just be safe.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Ecstasy - February 19th 2010, 12:45 PM

Closed at user request.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread