TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
michaell Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michael

EMERGENCY , get me out of this situation , give me advice. - March 5th 2010, 07:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im 17, on facebook i asked my 18 year old neighbor for some cold medicine to get high(u have to be 18 . she agreed to not to tell an adult that i asked. well she did anyway (she told her dad i think) and now my parents received a call from her parents to go to her house after work to talk about "some of the stuff ive been doing on facebook , my parents will see an exact copy of the message , and no i cant say i wanted it because im sick because i mentioned getting high in the email. how do i get out of this. i will get in so much trouble.

give me advice on how to get out of this, dont say "dont do drugs" or "u shouldnt have done that" , i need advice within 3 hours.

Last edited by michaell; March 5th 2010 at 07:25 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
nathanreeves Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nathan Reeves

Re: EMERGENCY , get me out of this situation , give me advice. - March 5th 2010, 08:06 PM

i would just tell them the truth as it will come out sooner or later it allways does whats the worest that could happen they stop your pocket money or take ur pc away at least u have been honest with them i would feel really bad for lieing to my parents
  Send a message via MSN to nathanreeves  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Firefighter 48 Offline
Firefighter/ EMT-B
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: EMERGENCY , get me out of this situation , give me advice. - March 5th 2010, 08:46 PM

Getting high is bad... Just tell the truth because there is no getting out of that one... hopefully your parents wont take it too badly and will just make it a "lesson to be learned, not to get high"

Last edited by Firefighter 48; March 5th 2010 at 08:52 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Firefighter 48  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: EMERGENCY , get me out of this situation , give me advice. - March 5th 2010, 08:56 PM

I was the master of getting myself out of things like this... and I seriously cant think of one excuse for you to use. In your situation its kinda hard because they have it in writing. In my opinion cold medicine is one of the worst drugs to use to get high. I'd say you just need to face it and take whatever your punishment may be. If anything, you'll stop using cold medicine to get high. You don't want to mess around with overdosing on that stuff.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: EMERGENCY , get me out of this situation , give me advice. - March 5th 2010, 08:59 PM

Just to let you know, here on TH we do not encourage any member to participate in illegal activities. And therefore we are not going to help you find lies on how to get out of this mess. We are here to help people, not teach them knew ways to lie to their parents about their illegal drug use.

I know it’s not easy but it would be best to come clean with them. Lying is only going to make this situation worse. If you tell them the truth they might be a little less mad with you and the situation. Plus they can then help you get the support you need to overcome some of the things you are going through, that make you turn to abusing cold medicine.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: EMERGENCY , get me out of this situation , give me advice. - March 6th 2010, 01:54 AM

There isn't a way to get out of it without lying, which I am not going to tell you how to lie. If you're that determined for them not to know, you will figure out a lie no matter what people say here. We can't tell you how to lie anyways, as we won't encourage you to use drugs.

Anyways, I don't suggest lying, at all. They will find out eventually, whether it's meeting with your neighbors or in the future (near or distant.) If there is clear evidence you did ask for the medication, I assume there is because of them having the email, what use will lying do in this situation? I'm sure this alone, without lying, gives your parents enough reason to not believe you in the future. You should just tell the truth, it will generally make it easier on you. Owning up to it is to your advantage, no one elses. If you are addicted to cold medications, this would also be a good time to ask for help with it. Since, they will know now and there's no opening up about it to do, simply asking to get help.
It's up to you, good luck with it.
Immy.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

Closed Thread