TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
piqle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dylan

Exclamation Freaking out on marijuana - March 6th 2010, 09:02 PM

Hi, I've used this forum a while back. Well, I've been having depression and stuff, so my doctor gave me "Paxil" as an anti-depressant. Well, one night, I was with my brother and his friends, and we smoked a few bowls, while he was packing a bowl, my friend just snorted a Xanax in the same spot. Now, every time I smoke, I get a very weird feeling, as if I'm falling out of reality, and I forget everything. It's a strange feeling, I've smoked for about 2 years now. I quit taking paxil, and it still happened, after about 3 weeks of me quitting Paxil. Maybe it was the combination of Paxil + Xanax + Marijuana that makes me feel like this? Can someone help?

EDIT: When I smoke, after a while it'll feel like I'm just waking up, and start tripping badly.

Last edited by piqle; March 7th 2010 at 08:00 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Freaking out on marijuana - March 7th 2010, 02:13 AM

Maybe marijuana has started taking a negative toll on your body. Perhaps you should try and quit for awhile and see if the marijuana was the problem.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hominis Offline
Life and death in every step.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jeremy [Ghost]

Re: Freaking out on marijuana - March 7th 2010, 02:54 AM

Marijuana is usually a downer, Xanax is an upper when snorted, Paxil is just a mood stabilizer. I think you got panicky because of what would be considered ghost like chest pains, you start freaking out, etc, depending on how much weed you smoked, how much xanax you snorted with your friend, and how high of a dose your paxil is. My advice to you is simple. Don't snort Xanax with weed again, and you won't feel the way you felt. Don't combine any more uppers with downers, and you won't have to worry about it.

.never tickle a sleeping dragon.
  Send a message via AIM to Hominis Send a message via MSN to Hominis Send a message via Skype™ to Hominis 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
piqle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Freaking out on marijuana - March 7th 2010, 07:59 PM

I'm taking a break from marijuana. It's day 3 since I quit. I'm still kinda feeling the effects though. Last night when I'd fall asleep, I'd suddenly wake up, and feel my whole body tingling, and my hands felt like I had 4 of them. I hope this stops, I couldn't live like this forever. I keep forgetting where I'm at and what I'm doing.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Freaking out on marijuana - March 9th 2010, 01:54 AM

When you freak out, how would you describe it in more detail? Do you feel your heart racing, or do you feel really deep and lost inside yourself? Nowadays, since i've developed anxiety, the only time I can smoke and not tweak is if I have a xanax or two and my high is just perfect. No edge, just fun. Btw, it's a stupid idea to snort xanax. It makes you sneeze and the high is better if you just eat it, but if it's not prescribed to you, don't do it. Prescriptives are very dangerous. You should definitely not be smoking if you have depression either. Pot is great to brighten your mood, but it works completely different for people with depression.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
piqle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Freaking out on marijuana - March 10th 2010, 03:37 AM

I've just learned that it wasn't the xanax. I'm still feeling the effects, not as intense though. My mind just wonders off. I talked to my psychiatrist in New Orleans yesterday, but I didn't tell him about the pot, because I was too scared. Tomorrow I'll be going to a smaller childcare doctor, I hope that they help me. I'm going to be taking prozac, because I hope that helps my problem. I've been told it's just anxiety attacks. I'm kinda scared. I won't smoke marijuana anymore, until I know that I'm okay. I've just seen on NATGEO (TV channel) that it has happened to people too. I think it's because of something inside the marijuana. I have everything that they've described, besides schizophrenia. I don't think I have that, though. If I continue to have these feelings, I'll be put into a psycho ward. I don't want that. I hope I'm better soon. To anyone that takes paxil: DO NOT SMOKE MARIJUANA WHEN WITHDRAWING.

Closed Thread