TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Devin

Question Xanax. - March 11th 2010, 05:54 AM

I was prescribed it for my anxiety a couple months ago.
It was probably the greatest thing ever, I felt absolutely NOTHING.
I just sat there, completely content. Shortly thereafter however, I became reliant on it and took it whenever I started feeling anything at all. I also completely blacked out when I was on it, I would never be able to remember anything I did while I was on it the next day. My boyfriend made me stop taking it, but I still get the urge to do it all the time.

Has anyone on here ever been prescribed xanax or taken it? What effects did it have on you?

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

"Sometimes I have moments in life,
where I am able to forget for one minute,
exactly how lonely I am.
I live for those moments.
Is that pathetic or brave?"

---

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: Xanax. - March 11th 2010, 07:34 PM

I have pretty bad anxiety myself. I get very bad physical symptoms so I'm actually currently trying to figure out what's going to be best for me with my doctor. He's trying to avoid Xanax because I'm studying addictions and know how easy it is to become reliant on it, and because he tend to avoid it as much as possible. Xanax is one of the most abused prescription medications because it's very easy to form a habit on it, as I think you've discovered. I think you should talk to your doctor about what you experienced on it and see if they can try you on something a little milder.

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

-jwh

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Xanax. - March 13th 2010, 04:38 AM

Just out of curiosity, what dose were you prescribed? Memory blackouts seem kind of strange to me -- though I must admit, I do take xanax and do have word finding/ memory issues, these predated the xanax though and made me anxious enough to need it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessie

Re: Xanax. - March 16th 2010, 12:32 AM

I actually went through a time when i was experimenting and i was using Xanax, I was not prescribed it on the street it is actually called pinks and footballs. The little pink ones and then the big blue ones. That all I really knew about it and all I really do still. I was on this stuff for a couple months and it was amazing, my inside was so calm but it also gave a high. And i got addicted quick. thankfully i had a friend that was watching how much i was taking and would only give me three or four pills for a week so i never got too bad into it and after a couple months i quit cold turkey and the withdrawal was hell. but yes i have been on it, and now my therapist is experiementing with what drug to put me on for anxiety and depression and although i have not spoke of this to him, i will always refuse to be put on xanax ever again. That stuff can be dangerous.
  Send a message via AIM to kingsprincess724 Send a message via Skype™ to kingsprincess724 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Xanax. - March 26th 2010, 01:44 AM

You seem like you're still fairly new to Xanax. The first few times I did it I didn't feel much and thought it was not only boring, but I hallucinated a little and would fall asleep and not remember anything I was doing before hand and that's completely normal. You just need to be careful because getting hooked on anti anxiety medicine will mess you up for sure. If you get full blown addicted, your anxiety will spiral out of control so bad, that you'll be worse off then you were before you did it.

Closed Thread