TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DanniHeartsU Offline
Danielle
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Danielle

Unhappy Wanting to try... - March 23rd 2010, 08:21 PM

No one's pressuring me.

But...I'm so stressed.

Months, years of in and outs with the doctor's. They can't figure out what's wrong with me...I have loads of medical conditions. I have loads of stress at home to the point I have constant migranes and no matter what pain killers I take, they don't go away.

I told myself I would never try.. because I haven't seen my biological dad my whole life because he chose drugs over me. But...I just ....I don't know... want to. Idk what. But. I don't know. I've never had this feeling before. Like...what's it like to get high? Does it really make your problems go away?,......Is it as bad as they say....

---Danni :]

"Let peace live and fill the air,
Feel the wind run through your hair,
A message sent down from above,
Instead of hate let's learn to love,"

-An original poem by me :]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Wanting to try... - March 24th 2010, 12:53 AM

Many people get into drugs and other not-good things because they feel like they can't cope with the stresses of their everyday lives anymore. However, it shows you are a stronger person if you can get by without the assistance of drugs and alcohol. I can understand where you're coming from, since both my parents have alcohol and drug addictions. I've seen how badly your life can spin out of control. Those images never leave you. For that reason alone, I will never try drugs. I hope that you can rise above your problems without drugs and I assure you, they are WORSE than what people say. Drugs numb your problems, but when that numbness goes away you're as fucked as before. It's worse, though, since you now know what it's like to have those problems seem less huge. And then what happens once you can't get that high anymore? You hit rock bottom and it's a slow and treacherous path back up. PM/VM me anytime if you want to talk. Take care.

Oh, and just a side note: the poem in your siggy is really good!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Wanting to try... - March 24th 2010, 04:04 AM

I used to smoke pot etc when I was younger.. It was totally not worth it, it was honestly, the worst mistake I have ever made.. Please don't try it.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Wanting to try... - March 24th 2010, 05:09 AM

No, it definitely does not make your problems go away. It often turns into a crutch, and can end up making you feel even worse about your problems.

For me, smoking pot made me think. A lot. And if you want your problems to go away, smoking pot is most likely not going to make that happen. I'm not saying smoking pot is an awful thing (granted I don't do it anymore) but I really do not recommend using it to try to escape from problems in your life. You're much better off finding another way to do it without harming yourself in any way.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MaroonLove Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kate

Re: Wanting to try... - March 24th 2010, 10:19 PM

Do NOT use as a way to solve your problems.

Proud member of the LGBT community.
<3 Taken 02/13/'12
PM Me
We come to find love not by finding
a perfect person but by learning to
see an imperfect person, perfectly.
When something important is going on, silence is a lie
  Send a message via AIM to MaroonLove  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Wanting to try... - March 26th 2010, 01:37 AM

Telling somebody to not do something does not help the situation. OP, don't you ever try drugs solely because you think your problems will go away. If that were the case, why are there so many drug addicts in the world? Pot has completely different effects on everybody if this is the drug you're specifying. For me, unless I pop a xanax nowadays, I tweak out majorly and think nothing but bad thoughts. If you wanna try drugs, just know you're opening a can of worms. Erowid.org has most of what you need to know. If you wanna do it, this is your choice. This is a very serious decision.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: Wanting to try... - March 28th 2010, 12:56 AM

look. your questioning yourself on something that is life changing. when your about to do something as this extreme you have to be 100% and up before you try it. Your doubting yourself of making this choice. and quite frankly, since you are doubting yourself and not completly and utterly sure that you want to do this. then don't do it.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Wanting to try... - March 28th 2010, 06:48 PM

Drugs can cause more problems then they are worth.
Don't try to use them as an excuse to escape your problems.
They might just make more arise.
I'd avoid them and find a healthier solution to forget your pain.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Wanting to try... - April 4th 2010, 05:43 AM

Never use drugs to help with mental pain, i've done it before and it never turns out good. You just forget it for a few hours and its all back as soon as you come down.

I may get in trouble for this, but i used to get pretty bad head aches before i started smoking marijuana and i've had maybe 3 bad head aches in the past 2 years, and my sister who frequently gets migraines finds it does help as a solution to temporarily subside the pain.

I still don't suggest trying weed for your head aches, your only 14.

Closed Thread