TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sushi_error Offline
Regular TeenHelper

DXM - February 12th 2009, 11:38 PM

I began to use DXM back in April and it was usually on and off. It wasn't huge amounts, but I guess enough to make me feel euphoria and disoriented. Fast forward to now, over the past two months, I have begun to use DXM, but in bigger amounts. I realize when I use DXM, I'm happy, but I'm just not fully content mainly because of the nausea I feel. I'm not sure what I should do now. I think I have the ability to control it, but I need some tips/advice. If anyone is in a similar boat (with DXM or not), I'd appreciate any advice.

Check out my blog: White-Out Blots

How did Mandela get the will to surpass the everyday,
When injustice had him caged and trapped in every way,
How did Ghandi ever withstand the hunger strikes and all,
Didn't do it to gain power or money if I recall,
It's to give; I guess I'll pass it on

- Take a Minute, K'naan

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: DXM - February 13th 2009, 01:01 PM

I don't know a great deal about DXM.

However, don't fool yourself into thinking you can control these things. Many people feel they are in control when in actual fact, you're far from it. From the outside, people can see the addiction getting worse and worse but for you, it's your life... You live with it everyday. You don't notice the slow downward changes.

As far as I am aware, DXM is more a emotionally controlling drug rather than physical.

Okay. You LIKE the feel the drug gives you. Don't we all. But it's by no means worth it. The nausea and cramps, the damage it's doing to your liver, kidneys and with extremely high levels of glucose it'll be doing significant damage to your pancreas. You may be able to handle these short term effects but look 10 years down the line and take into account the troubles you're going to have then just so you could have a little buzz in your teens.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: DXM - February 13th 2009, 04:08 PM

mm the only advice i'd give you about the nausea is that you have to think yourself past that. If you dwell on the feeling, you will indeed throw up. This was the first drug i'd ever abused and gotten a bit addicted to, but honestly, it's a horrible drug to be abusing in big amounts. I started getting so sick on this drug that I lost about 15 pounds from throwing up so much and just not eating and i'm a tiny girl too. The more cough medicine you do, and the more you throw it up, the more wearing away of the stomach lining and esophagus it does to you. You do not need drugs. It's fun to do occasionally, but don't take it too far.

Closed Thread