TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
I'm here to help :)
Average Joe

Name: Brendan

I think I'm addicted! - February 15th 2009, 03:15 PM

Hey,

So this is going to sound like a really stupid post in this section but I personally consider supplements a drug, whether or not you do that's up to you!

So being obese from basically age 10, eating two or three popcorn bags a day and just going all out on ice cream and chips'n'dip I've been researching since then right to this very day at age 15 about body-building and fitness. At all aspects of that, with that said there are supplements. I started out probably last December (Not the one we just left) taking Hydroxycut HardCore from MuscleTech. Yes, a fat burner. Not only does it burn fat, it screws up your sweat glands and messes with your veins which I also didn't know and I now suffer from now but I'm slowly recovered. I took these til this past December, they just basically made me feel good about myself and motivated me to actually get my ass in the gym and hit the weights, the push-ups, the pull-ups and that dreaded treadmill. Now here I am just taking a multi-vitamin, whey and casien combo. It's just not filling up that feeling I miss so much. The multi-vitamin are 11 huge pills which I can barely swallow and often choke on, the whey and casien tastes like shit and I'm doing all this for what? To look good? Nope. I'm doing this to be the best I can be and prove EVERYONE who said otherwise wrong, so now I'm getting and thinking about getting testosterone pills, nitric oxide pills and these are all supplements reminding you. I just want to get the fastest and best gains possible. Although I know supplements don't really do a whole lot... It makes me feel good.

Now, here's the problem. If I miss these intakes on the supplements, I go nuts. I get cranky, I get angry and I get depressed all at the same time. Then if I don't take them or if I miss one session, I won't train for a week or too, I won't shower, I just lay in bed besides when I'm at school.

I need to know if there is ANY way of starting up another supplement cycle and finding a way to not get dependant on it, the thing is though regardless I'm going to take them... I just need to not be addicted, so to speak.

Sometimes I think about over-dosing, not to kill myself but to get more gains. Then I think about the pain I would cause myself and that I know I'd only get like 10 lbs in the year and then die from over-dosing basically.

"Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#2 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 15th 2009, 07:22 PM

Stop using those. Those are bullshit and are no good for anyone. If you want to lose weight, you need to do it on your own terms and in a healthy manner. Using weight loss supplements screw up your health and leave you in worse condition, especially if you're addicted to them. Follow a healthy eating and exercising regime. Try new work out methods such as yoga,pilates, pole dance classes with a mix of cardio and weights. It's good to keep switching it up, that way your body doesn't get tired of the same exercises and it's fun for you too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 15th 2009, 07:37 PM

Pole dance classes? I'm a guy! And I dropped all the weight, my cut is done. I don't take fat burners really. You missed most of the whole post. I'm addicted to other supplements, and I'm starting a bulk in a few days and I'm nervous about it because I'm going to be getting a whole new set of supplements and as soon as I walk into the supplement store I go nuts, I want to grab it all, and as much of it as I can. Just for the thrill it gives me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 15th 2009, 09:44 PM

Congrats on the weight loss Brendan, that takes a lot to do.

I think you are addicted to those supplements. You say they make you feel good, but then get angry and despressed if you're supplement-depraved? Those supplements were only meant for a temporary boost, not to take them all the time, just like medicinal pills, they were meant to regenerate the body to rid of illness, but some people just take them anyway.

Those supplements were only meant for adults man, you're still 15 and have much growing-up(in body that is) to do! If you do keep taking those supplements, you will indeed mess up your body one way or another, because you are growing and intaking those pills will only interrupt the natural and correct process.

If you're getting testosterone pills, shit, if that's not steroids, then I don't know what is. Steroids are highly addictive, especially for someone who is power hungry to get bulked up. Now that bulk that you were saying... Do you believe it's from those supplements? Or the weight training?

EDIT: Pole-dancing FTW!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 15th 2009, 11:42 PM

Thanks man. That gives me a little extra push to keep training, and training at my best at that.

I know the harms and effects. I have 1/3 of a bottle of Hydroxycut Hardcore left and I'm finishing it for the last bit of my bulk. I wasn't sure about getting some test considering the fact that I'm 15 my test is at it's peak and I don't wanna like, blow my nuts up :P And yeah I know I'm sort of addicted. They just give me so much power, energy, strength, confidence and self esteem, shit the list can go on all day on how much these things help me, emotionally, mentally and physically.

I am power hungry to get bulked it. I started out just wanting to get slim but now that I see the potential I have, having a large frame and my legs are already almost solid muscle from all the biking I do in the summer. Everyone says "Man, you got a power lifters frame, use it!" So I thought long and hard and researched it, I do. And I can put on solid lean muscle mass faster which is why I want to do this.

No, I want to start a bulk. Which I'll be doing when the power rack, olympic weight set and bench arrives at my house I want it to be from the weight training. But I need to get a good supplement arsenal, and I nee some good direct advice.

How bad would Creatine be? I really wouldn't mind it. The other thing I wanted was a nitric oxide pill, but from what I understand creatine does the same thing. And I know I need some whey/casien so I was thinking about going to BSN For my supplement stack there, how'd that be? I'm taking 100% gold standard whey, casien and animal pak multi-vitamin and for a week or two the maximum dosage on Hydroxycut Hardcore. Another thing I MUST get is this "Pump" I work so hard for but don't get at all naturally.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 16th 2009, 07:34 PM

Seriously, you're 15. You don't need to be doing things like this!

Being the best you can be is not taking daily supplements. You can prove yourself in more natural, healthy ways.

You're doing a lot of damage to your body for no real reason at all. There are other fulfilling things in life that can substitute this.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 16th 2009, 07:41 PM

I know the damages. My sweat glands are literally screwed over and I get killer head-achs and get upset stomach all the time from the fat burners which I once again started taking. Now I'm thinking about shooting creatine into my veins

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 17th 2009, 01:07 AM

Okay...

You need to stop for a second and listen to what we're saying to you. Doing this is proving nothing whatsoever.
There are many other more satisfying and credible to yourself.

No one here is going to tell you what you could use instead because A, it's pretty much against the rules and B, there's no NEED for you to be doing this at all. It's causing more harm than good.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 17th 2009, 08:41 PM

You don't get it. Every-day is a struggle to feel good, look good and 'be good'! To make it simple, nothing is never enough. I got some sick veins, I'm getting buffer and slimmer day by day and I just keep taking more supplements and more supplements and it just makes me feel so good and every-day I look a tad bit better and it just feels so amazing I get such a rush.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 20th 2009, 04:19 PM

lol i'm sorry I didn't have time to check whether you were a boy or a girl, but either way..hey boys like pole dancing classes sometimes hah.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 20th 2009, 09:58 PM

I'm a guy. And I don't... I'm not.. A homosexual, with all due respect.

I'm getting Creatine in a few days... There's something to be addicted too ! :@ UGH.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MetaIce Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 21st 2009, 12:00 AM

Brendan,

We can't _make_ you stop, only you can do that. All we can suggest is you find something other than drugs or in this case supplements to occupy your time.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
brendanmonline Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think I'm addicted! - February 21st 2009, 12:53 AM

Yeah I know you can't make me stop. I just need to find a way to not be dependant on them or to like.. I don't know. I can't give them up for the sole purpose of not being a fat fuck.

Closed Thread