TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jameson Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Cant Leave You Mary Jane.... - February 15th 2009, 10:05 PM

The title of this thread probably sounds like it should belong in the Relationships part of the message board so for those who aren't familiar with the different words used for my drug of choice, this is about my addiction to marijuana.
Over the last two years now I have dipped in and out of the cocaine, ecstasy, acid, and crack. I've done my fair share of it all and have been in pretty rough condition in the past. I was living in a smaller town and left to the city after I knew it was time to get out of there or I would slowly kill myself with the drugs. Being away from all my family and living with only one member of the family now I have only use hard drugs a few times in the past year. I haven't had any for six months until last night.
Now the only problem with living here is that the family member I live with smokes weed on a daily basis every night which contributes to my addiction and enables me to have more freedom with how often I use. Another factor is that I now have a source for as much weed as I need only houses away from where I live.
On a positive note, I am back in school finishing my grade 12, involved in events with the community, working on my music, working with my grandpa, trying to change my life around so I can start accomplishing all these goals I have. It just seems as if every time I get a few steps ahead I fall back to the same position I'm in. I have actually not smoked any weed for a week not long ago but then relapsed again.
Then just last night I met up with an old friend who contacted me and we ended up doing hard drugs. I am worried but at the same time I'm not because I know I will make it through this. But I just need some peoples advice they have to give, maybe somebody's knows something I don't.
I just want to have a completely clear mind free of all the weed and the determination to never look back on doing drugs and find better ways to feel high of life. I want to educate myself and be physically fit. There is so much I want to happen but I need to get rid of this burden of mine and I am having some troubles. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I wrote this quickly off the top, there is so much more I haven't got to share but I just need to throw down the basis for my current situation.

-Jameson

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Cant Leave You Mary Jane.... - February 16th 2009, 12:10 AM

Hey Jameson,

First of all, welcome to Teen Help. As for your post, I think you're not realizing how far you've come. You're still trying and there is much to be said for that. Remember, while you're trying to quit, you need to notice even the smallest steps towards towards sobriety. I know it can be hard coming onto a new place and being straight with everyone, but that's what you did and I think that shows a level of commitment. Which is a great way to get where you want to be. I am a firm believer of 'if you want it bad enough, it'll come with hard work'. I think that applies here, for you, as well. I understand that when you're with your friends, drugs are going to be a bigger temptation. I suggest that you shy away from those that you know will influence the drug addiction in you. If you can't say 'no' in the situations, then avoid it completely. Try surrounding yourself with people that are what you want to aspire to be. Have you told anyone of your goals? Maybe mentioning this to a few friends would give you the support you're looking for. Try writing these things down (the reasons you're quitting) and keep them with you, where ever you go. Use them as a reminder when you need it most. When the opportunity arises to use drugs, look at your reminders. Also, if you're finding it hard to do this on your own, it's never a bad idea to talk to a counselor or a group that helps with these types of addictions. It's never wrong or a bad idea to ask for a little extra help when you need it most. I hope this helped you a little bit. Take care of yourself and don't be shy to drop by and pay me a visit if you need anything at all. :]

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Losing_Control Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Cant Leave You Mary Jane.... - February 16th 2009, 03:20 PM

Hi Jameson,

Like Brittany said, recognize your accomplishments and how far you've come already. I know from experience, quitting hard drugs isn't easy. You seem very committed to becoming sober and that is wonderful. I'd try surrounding yourself with people that are a positive influence, that understand your goals, and are going to be supportive.

It seems to me that you've made a lot of progressive and that is wonderful. Recognize each step your progress. Staying sober may not be easy, but it will be worth it.

Take care, if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me.

Michelle

Closed Thread