TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Everybody loves a drunk girl? - February 21st 2009, 12:55 AM

Sooo I'm going to be turning 21 in a few months! And I'm sooo freaaakkkking excited! Well my boyfriend is juuust the opposite...he is actually dreading the day. He won't even talk about my birthday. The reason iissss that I like to drink...I mean I reallly like to drink...and I have gone through my stages of drinking wayyy to much...but I have came soo far since then, and I think he is scared I'm going to go back to my old ways. But I haven't been drinking alot...I mean I barely drink now. And I understand why he is nervous...my dad and brother both have very bad drinking problems...my dad has been sober for 8 months now...and my brother was suppose to go to rehab but wouldn't..anways...I'm not them..I don't think I am neways...I just like to have a good time is that so bad? I just love the way I feel when I'm drunk. And I have really came along way since I meet my boyfriend. I when I use to get drunk I would black out for hours..fall and hit my head off things...my boyfriend use to have to carry me out of parties because I was so gone...he would come home from work on a week day and I was be cocked just because...but I was still going through alot and trying to get over things...but I'm okay now. I'm happy with my life so I don't think I'm going to lose control again. I try to talk to him about it but he won't even talk about it. And I know I'm going to want to go out alot and I know its going to start fights...his way of dealing with things is not talking about it...which is only going to make things worst.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Everybody loves a drunk girl? - February 21st 2009, 09:47 AM

Just ride it out.

If you think you're in control then prove that to him. No amount of words are going to give him any confidence in the idea. He's worried because he cares, not because he has no faith.
When he sees you can manage your drink, know your limits I am sure he will start to feel a lot more comfortable.

But please, do be careful. Obviously you have quite an alcohol impressionable family and it can be an easy thing to fall in to. Don't abuse it now just because you legally can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
helped Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Everybody loves a drunk girl? - March 2nd 2009, 04:36 AM

if your b.f not like your drinking habit but its doesn't mean he didn't love you. you can try to leave drink habit. its also effect your health.

Closed Thread