TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Question. - February 21st 2009, 12:56 PM

If you could give me as much info as possible on this and not just yes no answers I'd really appreciate it.

If you give someone money for drugs and they run off with that money, can you then go to the police to report it saying something like 'We gave this guy money for drugs and he took off' or something along those lines.
Edit: Like, does it happen? Or could the cops arrest you etc...

I'm asking as someone told me a story and I'm wondering in how legitimate it is.

Thanks

Last edited by Marionette.; February 21st 2009 at 01:17 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: Question. - February 21st 2009, 01:08 PM

No for it would be a gift unless you got a receipt of some kind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: Question. - February 21st 2009, 01:56 PM

In Canada, and I'm pretty sure in the US, that you will get arrested if you go to a cop and say that. Especially in the US, cops get real horny if someone says the word 'weed' or 'cocaine', 10 mins later you'll have a few cop cars chasing after you. Because first off, never trust a drug dealer, you give him/her the money when they have it with them at the time. But they will bring you in for questionning or just place you in handcuffs for a bit and then maybe let you go. As street drugs are illegal, it'd be pretty stupid to go to a cop and say that you lost your money which you were going to buy drugs with it.

That, or one tired and very annoyed cop after a long shift will just say to that person to 'F**k off, quit whinning, serves you right, you shouldn't be buying drugs in the first place, come back when you have a REAL issue', or something along those lines and kick the person out of the police office. That person that told you this story is either; A liar or, SOOL(Shit out of luck).. But nonetheless, a dumbass.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Debaser Offline
Tabula Rasa
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Louise

Re: Question. - February 23rd 2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic View Post
No for it would be a gift unless you got a receipt of some kind
I just about almost wet myself imagining a dealer giving receipts

Anyways...
Cannabis being an illegal drug you have no 'rights' whatsoever. To be honest the police would probably be like "well it's your fault buying illegal substances" period.

Involving the police is probably the worst thing to do, seeing as a.) they can't do bugger all and b.) you might aswell go spit in the dealers face if you wanted a similar reaction to you calling the cops on them.

Send a message via MSN to Debaser Send a message via Skype™ to Debaser 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: Question. - February 23rd 2009, 01:59 AM

Nah, you'll get in trouble for buying and using, and he'll get in trouble for trafficing, your report will be disregarded because of the bigger crisis at hand.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
four Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Question. - February 23rd 2009, 05:17 PM

Yeah, I was actually watching an episode of cops where this happened. The woman who's money was taken flagged down a cop to report a theft and eventually left the place with a tresspassing warrant if she ever returned to the house.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Question. - February 23rd 2009, 05:51 PM

ah no sweetheart. That's just one of the downsides to doing/selling drugs. This asshole accumulated over 5,000$ of stolen money, 1,000$ of which was my best friend's. This is one of the most hated kids in my town and my best friend along with her bf, and two of his guy friends went to the thief's college campus, found his car and totaled the shit out of it. Ever since then both sides have been feuding and doing shit to eachother and their houses. The kid's dad is a cop and tried to do everything to prove that my best friend did it and now she's getting pulled over every week on suspicion. It's just something you have to deal with you know? You could try getting the guy back, but it doesn't usually end well.

Closed Thread