TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
samy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Party Regrets - February 23rd 2009, 08:38 PM

Hi everyone,

This w.e I had a party at my mum and dads apartment and all my friends went there to drink and smoked cigarettes and did some weed. My friend got dropped off at mine and then we went and my mum got us the keys and i hugged my mum and kissed her goodbye and promised to be good. Then let my 10 other friends come even tho my mum told the reception that there were only gonna be 4 staying.

Anyways it was all going smooth apart from my friends being to loud. A quarter of them were supposed to go back to my one of my friends houses nearby. It was like a 12 hr binge of drinks, smokes, weed. At 9 at night time my friends went to get more beers and the managers were standing outside our door and my friends came up the elevator and got caught with beers. They managers came in threatenting to call the cops or my mum but everyone ran off and left me and 2 others untill other friends came back. No one wanted to go back to their promised destination because some chicks were supposed to come.

The managers had a talk to me and my friend who stayed and said they are bad dont hang with them etc.

At about 12 we dumped all the bottles, cartons and everything else outside somewhere and in the morning cleaned up everything pretty good. I was free to go until the reception called me back in about these 10 FREAKIN calls on the phone inside the apartment at $17 dollars a minute. Luckily we had a discount so it all came down to $172 dollars. My mum told me to get the two boys who used it to repay it but my friends are a bunch of "deniers"

My mum had to go in and they told her what happened and said i cant use it anymore.

I feel really bad because I promised my mum that Ill be good and control it and be responsible but It failed. So I sent an apology email to the hotel and they responded well becuase they think the guys in the elevator were randoms.

How can I show my mum that I can be good and responsible after this party because she said she is very embarassed at the hotel now.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Party Regrets - February 24th 2009, 06:00 AM

Pfft those people aren't your real friends then. That's incredibly rude. If people can't respect you or your mother's wishes, then don't be generous if you have another party unless you know for a fact that your "friends" will give the same courtesy and respect they'd want to be treated with.

Apologize to your mom first and foremost. Explain to her that you tried everything you could to keep your guests in line, but also that you're only human and a teenager. It's very common to want to experiment with pot and alcohol and honestly, that is one of the most innocent parties i've heard of lol. You were just enjoying your youth, but i'd say to make your mother feel better you can help out around the house and maybe spend more time with her like the next couple weekends whether it's during the day or all weekend. Keep up with school and just be the good kid you already are. Don't feel bad for what you did. I don't blame you for wanting to have some fun. That's what adolescence is all about!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
samy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Party Regrets - February 28th 2009, 02:53 AM

thanks for the advice.

I told everyone specifically just sit down and drink, no running around, no jumping around, be quiet, dont shout, dont use the stove or cook anything, dont break anything, dont spill anything.

And all i get is complaints from other guests and a "friend" who has only been in the apartment for 5 minutes and already put soap and other detergents in the microwave to see them explode. he said he was going back to his place after the party but he didnt all he did was try to fight a delivery guy and use the phone which is expensive

Im not blaming all that was there it was only a few of them being silly the rest were all pretty cool.

Closed Thread