TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
the.real Offline
just me.
Not a n00b

Name: Paige

I should be dead. - April 5th 2011, 12:56 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

When I get really angry, or upset, I act on impulse with no rational thought. Three days ago I took NINE heavy dosage hydrocodone/acetominophen pills. I was sooo far gone. I couldn't feel or do anything. I should have OD'd and died. But I didn't. And I'm concerned that the next time, I will. Why am I still alive? And how do I control my impulses? I'm scared.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I should be dead. - April 5th 2011, 01:25 AM

It may be best to go to a doctor and talk to them about your impulsive behaviour especially if it involves taking so many pills at once. You may have been lucky this time around, but next time you may not be. If you have any concerns at all about what you did, go to a hospital immediately and make sure everything internal is okay. Sorry I can't be much help, good luck and take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: I should be dead. - April 5th 2011, 01:27 AM

u have to figuere a way to distract urself when u want to od when i od i flet numb and like i was dying i didnt and i felt like i shouldve so go see a doctor talk about alrgiht good luck

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kylibertine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I should be dead. - April 6th 2011, 09:38 PM

Not to be insensitive but a dose like that wouldn't kill you. If anything you'd just get really really high - LD50 for Acetaminophen is ~10,000mg. You took around ~4,000mg, while very unhealthy it is not lethal.

The surest way to destroy happiness is to seek it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I should be dead. - April 7th 2011, 01:12 AM

Whether it's a lethal dose or not it doesnt mean the op's call for help is any less important. One day she may do it again but with something more serious which may do some serious damage or worse. Whether it was a lethal dose or not I dont really feel it was necessary to point it out to her.

What's important is that she seeks help for her impulsive behaviour.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I should be dead. - April 21st 2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
Whether it's a lethal dose or not it doesnt mean the op's call for help is any less important. One day she may do it again but with something more serious which may do some serious damage or worse. Whether it was a lethal dose or not I dont really feel it was necessary to point it out to her.

What's important is that she seeks help for her impulsive behaviour.

Its very important to tell her she wasn't close to dying.

they came in making a thread that they thought they were going to die, and in reality where pretty far from it

Closed Thread