TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
calgary01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 02:12 AM

I've never done it. I want to, my friend's told me it's not that bad. I wanna know.....what it will do to me, is it addicting, what will change as far as my physical condition and my emotional condition? will it make me more depressed? will it make me feel happy? What's wrong with it......why is it illegal? I'm so confused...
  Send a message via Skype™ to calgary01 
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 625545 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Fineshrine Offline
Rebecca
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 02:28 AM

I don't know why it's illegal.
I'm a regular weed smoker and what I know is;
It helps me while I'm depressed to feel better.
As for your physical condition: Smoking anything in general is bad for your lungs. But it won;t do anything to you physically.
Mentally; You might become forgetful or a little slower at reaction after a high. I don;t suggest doing it during the week or on a Sunday. Friday would be your best choice so it won't effect your school work, because from my research the Marijuana can be found in your bloodstream for some time.
You can't get physically addicted to it. Mentally possibly [addicted to the HABIT], but you cannot become physically addicted.

Also, I just wanted to tell you ahead of time. Because it is illegal, and you sound like you have intent of smoking it, be careful who you buy it from. Some people are really .. I can;t pick a word for it. But they will lace it with cocaine or something and make you addicted to he drug they laced it with.

Send a message via AIM to Fineshrine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 02:53 AM

The way I look at it is like this:

Smoking weed puts you on a high, when it wears off, you come back down.

When you're high and then something puts you in not such a great mood, when you come back down, you may come back down to a lower spot than before. You may feel better for a bit, but you always end up coming back to the real world when it wears off.

It's not worth it in my opinion.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 05:51 AM

Why it's illegal, I don't know, I'm in pharmacology, neuroscience and physiology, not law.

Regarding it being addicting, it's not a straight-forward answer. In the '70s researchers said it's physiologically addicting but toward the '80s-early '90s, researchers said it's mostly psychologically addicting. Currently, the answer is it's psychologically addicting BUT there's no consensus regarding build-up of tolerance or withdrawl at all doses. Generally, as you take very very large doses for a long time, it gets closer to being physiologically addicting but still is significantly less addicting than taking amphetamines or alcohol at a high dosage for a long time. It's not a direct answer but studies are going left, right, up, down and side-ways on saying whether it's addicting and why.

Most people just mellow out although some have side-effects of paranoia no matter how often they take it. Physically, it's not going to do anything you can observe on the outside of your body. The changes are going to be at the molecular level as well as changes in electrophysiology and general physiology. You may not be interested in the molecular changes but if you are, they involve various receptors, such as CB1, CB2, GPR18, GPR55, GPR118 and a complex set of molecular cascades. General physiological changes include cardiac muscles, skin, liver, bones (helps in treating osteoporosis), etc... .

As others said, be cautious about what is in the marijuana. There are different species of marijuana having different concentrations of THC (main ingredient) and differences in minor ingredients. If it's mixed with some other drug, I cant suggest what will happen because you're tossing a wild card in the mix.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 01:14 PM

Oh and one thing that I wanted to add - Usually 2 - 3 days (I don't remember, it's been almost a year since I've done that crap) after I smoked, I would get REALLY depressed. And I know it happened to most of my friends too, so be careful, since you're saying you want it to make you feel better.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 04:10 PM

Hey,

As someone who smokes pot (only started in December), and dating a guy who has been smoking pot for 8 years, I'll give you a bit of my insight on it.

Marijuana is NOT physically addictive, as has been said, but the habit can be difficult. Thus why the suggestion to keep is as a weekend thing instead of an everyday thing is good.

My boyfriend, when he was trying to cut down how much he smoked (due to his bad cough), he didn't have any physical dependency issues. However, his biggest problem was out of habit. His friends at college smoke up, and he's just, used to that being the daily routine, pretty much. On the other hand, we don't smoke up at my house. My parents act like people who smoke pot are junkies, so we try to avoid them getting that idea. Therefore, when we're at my house, he doesn't really feel a need to get high.

The other thing brought up is how smoking pot can affect your moods. It's only a temporary cure for bad feelings, depending on the cause of them. When I've fought with my mother, but then gone out and got high, I felt better, and didn't think about shit with her again until she started arguing again. However, if I were to smoke up during a Depressive episode, I'd go back to being Depressed some time after the high wore off.

DO NOT use smoking pot as a scapegoat for bad emotions, it won't work. Not only will you become dependent on it to try and cheer yourself up, thus spend money, and the criminal aspect of it... It wouldn't be worth it to use every day. Especially since some people can become so dependent on it, that they literally cannot function properly without, because of a Psychological Dependence. For example, the biggest one I hear is about people not being able to sleep if they don't get high.

In the end, it all comes down to you, but I highly suggest that if you start, you smoke responsibly. Be aware of who you buy from (and that it's not laced, as said), be careful where you smoke it, where you're carrying it around, and don't let yourself become dependent.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Marijuana is NOT physically addictive, as has been said, but the habit can be difficult. Thus why the suggestion to keep is as a weekend thing instead of an everyday thing is good.
Not necessarily. For most, yes it is psychologically addictive but there's some evidence of tolerance, which is only found in physiological addictions. However, it's been found only in people who smoke very high doses for a long time. But because things aren't easy, there's no agreement on this as other studies found there was no tolerance. In sum, because so many studies have found both results, it's viewed as generally psychologically addictive until you smoke at very high doses for a long time, where it MAY become physiologically addictive as well. For these same people, they MAY experience withdrawl-like symptoms, also characteristic of physiological addictions.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
the.real Offline
just me.
Not a n00b

Name: Paige

April 17th 2011, 06:48 PM

Weed isn't addicting, it's just some people like it so much that they don't want to stop. The first time, you'll probably just feel really stupid, you won't be all that high, and it won't be that great. The second time will be better. Once you get up to about your fourth or fifth time, that's when you really start to understand why so many people enjoy it. That's when it gets amazing. I've smoked for about seven months, not consistently, just when the mood strikes me, and so far that's worked out. I buy from my next door neighbor now, which is very convenient. But yeah, be VERY careful who you buy from. I've been ripped off twice and smoked weed laced witth cocaine once, which was scary as hell. Try to buy from someone you trust. Enjoy! 420 is almost here!

I'm not sure that thereis a legitimate reason why weed is illegal, other than some of the people who get involved with marijuana also get involved with other drugs. There's nothing wrong with it. It gets your mind off things, even for a short time. For people as depressed and fucked up as I am, what's wrong with a little relief now and then? Who's to say I can't be happy? Some people think they have the right to dictate a lot more than they actually do.

Last edited by Ngikhona; April 17th 2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Merge.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 20th 2011, 03:47 AM

Marijuana has many more risks and bad side affects than benefits. I have a number of friends who use Marijuana, 2 of them are in jail, 1 dropped out of school wanting to get high instead of going to school, 1 is severely depressed, and 1 is dead because he OD'd on Heroin after Marijuana didn't give him the same high anymore after using it for so long.

It's true about it being a "Gateway Drug", first you start off small, then you want more and more to get high. Eventually weed doesn't do it for you anymore and you need something stronger to achieve a high.

It is NOT worth it.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

5 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 20th 2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
Marijuana has many more risks and bad side affects than benefits. I have a number of friends who use Marijuana, 2 of them are in jail, 1 dropped out of school wanting to get high instead of going to school, 1 is severely depressed, and 1 is dead because he OD'd on Heroin after Marijuana didn't give him the same high anymore after using it for so long.

It's true about it being a "Gateway Drug", first you start off small, then you want more and more to get high. Eventually weed doesn't do it for you anymore and you need something stronger to achieve a high.

It is NOT worth it.
Wow, this is quite excessive. First of all, I know plenty of people who smoke weed and don't look for a stronger high.

Second, people being in jail because they smoked marijuana? No, safe to assume it's because they did something stupid, like dealing, or trafficking drugs, if it even HAS anything to do with drugs. Dropping out? I know people who DON'T smoke pot who dropped out of high school. Not to mention, my boyfriend smokes pot, and he's about to graduate college. Once again, stupid decisions, which can't be blamed on a plant, but on the person. Same idea goes for the OD'ing thing. Not everybody needs to look for a new high, but your friend did, and wasn't smart about it.

Third, risks outweighing the benefits? Not necessarily. Well, at least, not the kind of risks you're probably thinking. Safe to assume the OP, whose username says "Calgary" is from Canada, where Marijuana is actually decriminalized. You can smoke it, you can have a certain amount on you, and you can even grow a couple plants without getting in trouble from the law.

Sure, there are risks and benefits, but don't let a bunch of stupid decisions affect how you feel about everybody who touches pot. Not everybody who smokes up is an irresponsible nitwit, I've seen (and heard stories of) successful people smoking some weed (or a lot).

In the end, I think the answers the OP was looking for were already answered, and in the end, it's the OP's decision as to whether the risk is worth the benefit, if they'll be able to be responsible, etc.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 21st 2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Marijuana has many more risks and bad side affects than benefits.
Can you give a list of the benefits versus risks? What you said below does not indicate it was purely from marijuana. If marijuana is not worth the risk, then I have 2 question. First, why is it being legalized in certain areas for medical use? Second, why are synthetic THC medications being made and studied for clinical usage? For example, Nabilone (Cesamet) is a derivative of THC and is 10 times more potent as THC. In addition, there's Levonantrodol, dexanabinol and ajulemic acid. In fact, in Canada, Sativex is clinically used for neuropathic pain in a "puffer form" with a 1:1 ratio of extract THC from marijuana:cannabidol.

Quote:
I have a number of friends who use Marijuana, 2 of them are in jail
For what? Marijuana possession? It is illegal, that's not the fault of marijuana, that's the fault of the law.

Quote:
1 dropped out of school wanting to get high instead of going to school
Was that person using ONLY marijuana?

Quote:
1 is severely depressed
How is that related to marijuana usage?

Quote:
1 is dead because he OD'd on Heroin after Marijuana didn't give him the same high anymore after using it for so long.
That'd be the fault of heroin not of marijuana. Without even needing any additional information, this point isn't related to marijuana.

Quote:
If you're going to say a theory is true, ancedotal evidence doesn't matter. Use scientific data to back up your claims, otherwise it's an unsupported statement and is dismissed by all. Below are some links from scientific studies and books by current researchers indicating the gateway drug theory for marijuana is not a strong one and the results are better explained by other models. The gateway drug theory is viewed as correlational not causal (you are saying it's causal) and results are due to other factors.

http://www.pscj.appstate.edu/faculty/gateway.pdf (PDF of a set of experiments along with citing previous data)

http://www.nspb.net/index.php/nspb/article/view/83

http://journals.cambridge.org/action...ne&aid=1842736

https://circle.ubc.ca/bitstream/hand...pdf?sequence=4 (PDF)

Some researchers, such as pharmacologist Lesley Iverson in his book "The Science of Marijuana" states:

"the neurobiological basis for the gateway drug theory is speculative at best" (pg. 209)

(#12 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 21st 2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:

It is NOT worth it.

Ignore this completely.

D.A.R.E must be your favorite program at school.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
can dance if she wants to
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 21st 2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIssIng:nO View Post
Ignore this completely.

D.A.R.E must be your favorite program at school.
Ignore this completely. His wording might have been a little excessive, but don't think it's o.k. to do just because a bunch of people that do it say it's okay. There's also a bunch of people who don't do it that say it's not okay.

Personally I say don't try it. If for no other reason, it's an expensive habit.

Hey! You are my sunshine on a rainy day, it's gonna be okay.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
MonsterTRUCK Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 24th 2011, 10:33 AM

Haha some quality answers in this thread, some made me lol

I smoke green on occasion. Once I started, I noticed I really cut back on alcohol and I started losing weight because of that. My health has also become a lot better (because of the alcohol cut back again). The high and drunk is very similar, but a happier kind of drunk is how I would put it.

This is how the lung association of BC puts it
Cause extreme psychological dependance
Lack of interest in studies, work, relationships
A loss of anything other than dope
Sustain growth and development
Damaged sperm
Irregular menstrual cycles
Diminished fertility
Compromised immune response
Marijuana has more cancer causing agents than tabacco
1 joint = to 5 cigarette sticks

COMPLETE BULLSHIT. What they don't tell you is that the THC in marijuana neutralizes (not exactly the word but easier to explain this way) the cancer causing cell damage.

The only thing bad for you from smoking weed is the rolling paper you use, or tobacco leaves if you are smoking a blunt.

If you decide to start, I recommend getting a vaporizer like the Magic Flight Launch Box for 99 dollars. No smell, no smoke, gives you the high. NO downside at all.

Pretty much just summing it up, the only thing bad about smoking weed is the smoke itself.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 27th 2011, 03:03 AM

In my personal experience I've found that it changes people in a negative way. I smoked weed for nearly 4 years throughout high school and got in trouble with the law. Since then Iíve quit. Looking back Iíd argue otherwise but now I realize the friends I had were only there because of the drug. It made me lazy I hardly tried in school solely because of it. A big problem with pot is that itís a gate way drug. People smoke pot to get high why else? Well once they feel what itís like people start talking about other clean highs from other substances.

Itís a bad idea period, nothing good comes from it. I talked a buddy into it years ago at the start of highschool because I thought it was cool. By the end for grade 12 he was living on the streetís hoping from shelter to shelter trying to keep his head out of the rain, I feel responsible for that. Over the years he really changed and got aggressive. Every time weíd spark a joint heíd complain how someone would hog it and heíd genuinely get pissed if you took more then two hits.

The biggest mistake a lot of people make is taking advice from people who currently use the drug. Donít get uneducated advice. Iím sure a doctor could shed some light on the health aspect of smoking it, anyone who says "no ones died from smoking pot" clearly hasnít met enough people.

Want some good advice, stay away from it. What you've got to lose is much greater then a 45m high. People who trust themselves with just smoking pot are the ones who fall apart first.

Take Care.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
lifeguard tom Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Thomas

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 4th 2011, 11:43 AM

Marijuana is a lot of fun, although, all the long term affects will be negative ones. It wont fuck up your brain or cause harm to anyone. It will get you off track and probably cause depression after long repeated use. If you decide to smoke some dank keep it between you and a good friend on fridays. DONT make it a daily routine.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 4th 2011, 11:37 PM

We've been learning about the effects of drugs on the body in science, so to add how its not worth it weed will block the serotonin from being absorbed in your body which will lower your mood. You may feel good when on it, but afterwards things that used to make you happy won't give you the same good feelings. It really isn't worth it.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#18 (permalink)) Old
twk. Offline
Serves Servants
Not a n00b

Name: –enial

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 5th 2011, 08:59 AM

imo it's illegal because the government can't tax and regulate it; there's nothing to stop the average joe from growing in his backyard.

If you do end up trying it, just make sure it's in a controlled environment with people you know. Generally people don't get high after the first time but you never know.

it's the beauty of confession

eviL.evoL

Send a message via MSN to twk. Send a message via Skype™ to twk. 
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 6th 2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
We've been learning about the effects of drugs on the body in science, so to add how its not worth it weed will block the serotonin from being absorbed in your body which will lower your mood. You may feel good when on it, but afterwards things that used to make you happy won't give you the same good feelings. It really isn't worth it.
That's an incredibly simplistic view on how it works. Serotonin is present throughout much of the brain and neurochemical systems aren't isolated. If serotonin is affected, so are other neurochemicals. If you learn about marijuana in science, you'd learn about cannabinoid receptors (1 and 2), endocannabinoids, retrograde neural transmission leading to reversed excitability, how marijuana's effect on the "reward system" differs from other drugs, effects on hippocampus, etc... .

I understand you're 15 and haven't taken university research courses so you don't know the details and that's fine. However, if you're going to make a sweeping statement of how it affects serotonin, think what it'll also effect: dopamine, ACh, AVP, oxytocin, etc... . I don't know if you've learned some of the serotonin receptors but if you have, then you're posting so little. I understand you don't know much of it but at least acknowledge or mention that.

As for the second last sentence, that doesn't involve serotonin only. It involves dopamine and the difference between "liking" and "wanting" neurobiologically.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Neon Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 6th 2011, 03:53 PM

I suggest not smoking it.

Regardless of the lack of negative effects it has on the body - smoking pot its not socially accepted by modern society and WILL cause trouble with the law, family, and possibly friends and your education. And those are more important than getting high.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 6th 2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard tom View Post
Marijuana is a lot of fun
That's a really naive statement to make. It effects people differently.

The last time I smoked, I got really dizzy, sick to my stomach, and thought I was going to pass out. I wouldn't exactly call that fun. And when I used to smoke more regularly, I would have ridiculous coughing fits almost every time. Also not fun.

So making generalized statements like that is just very juvenile. You have no idea what kind of effect it's going to have on the OP.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
MonsterTRUCK Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 11th 2011, 08:30 PM

I suggest not smoking it, but vaping it

I used to smoke it like once or twice a week. The smoke itself hurts your lungs (doesn't really damage it unless you use those rolling papers which can be harmfull)

Now I vape twice or even three times a week

(#23 (permalink)) Old
bellabel19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bella

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 11th 2011, 10:25 PM

I've only done it a few times but I love it. I do it at my friends house, because he lives super close to me and is the biggest pothead in the world, and we won't get caught (it would be impossible at my house)

The first time isn't so fun. You will not get high, trust me. I assure you, it will burn your throat like hell. Just warning you. It goes away though, don't worry. Your mood will lift a little, though. I was majorly depressed and it made me feel a little better. The times after that, it won't burn, and you'll start to feel really really good. The second time, I didn't get as high as I should've (my friend was baked. He was sooooo gone!) but I was definitely up in the clouds. I felt fantastic. It was great. We went downstairs and I figured out that I really was high when his mom asked me a question and I just stared at her for ages hahaha.

It's not that bad, don't worry. As other people are saying, I don't know why its illegal. It would bring in so much tax revenue if it was legalized, too! It is pretty bad for your lungs and has a high tar content but as long as you don't do it constantly it's no problem. It's not addicting, well, psychologically at least. Behaviorally, you might get addicted to it, but that just takes willpower to break. Not rehab lol.

[Edited by Aesthetic]

Last edited by Ngikhona; May 12th 2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Encouraging illegal activities.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 12th 2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabel19 View Post
It's not that bad, don't worry. As other people are saying, I don't know why its illegal. It would bring in so much tax revenue if it was legalized, too! It is pretty bad for your lungs and has a high tar content but as long as you don't do it constantly it's no problem.
Or don't smoke it but ingest it in an alternative way so it won't harm the lungs.

I agree, it would be better if it were legalized in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabel19 View Post
It's not addicting, well, psychologically at least. Behaviorally, you might get addicted to it, but that just takes willpower to break. Not rehab lol.
I'm not sure if you're high or sober but just don't have a clue what you're typing. Psychologically addicting IS behaviourally addicting. In other words, if it is not psychologically addicting, it is not behaviourally addicting.

[Edited by Aesthetic: Response to deleted post]

Last edited by Ngikhona; May 12th 2011 at 10:43 PM.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Random_Hero Offline
Not a n00b

Name: armand

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 14th 2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post
That's a really naive statement to make. It effects people differently.

The last time I smoked, I got really dizzy, sick to my stomach, and thought I was going to pass out. I wouldn't exactly call that fun. And when I used to smoke more regularly, I would have ridiculous coughing fits almost every time. Also not fun.

So making generalized statements like that is just very juvenile. You have no idea what kind of effect it's going to have on the OP.
ur partialy right however i doubt that it was pot that made you sick bc pot is actualy drug used to treat stomach aches its only dangerous bc most dealers do so illegaly and also deal other more serios drugs and by that i meen if you smoke pot regularly u might coff a bit yes but not like big fits or anything unless u have an disorder or something also you may feel depressed when u suddenly stop smoking other than that ther arent normaly many bad side effects however if it is illegal were you live i highly recomend that you not brake the law if you choose to thats on you i do it but i also have an imployer thats ok with that fact and i take that risk bc i enjoy pot but u dont wanna start something unless you are sure u can handle it and the best thing u can do is support the legalization as much as u can and then id recomend discussing it with your doctor ask him seriously and ask him y a doctor might perscribe it for medicinal purposes to better understand ask him the side effects and risks and keep in mind he may be a little biased but he will not lie to you peace
  Send a message via Yahoo to Random_Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Random_Hero 
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 15th 2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Hero View Post

ur partialy right however i doubt that it was pot that made you sick bc pot is actualy drug used to treat stomach aches its only dangerous bc most dealers do so illegaly and also deal other more serios drugs and by that i meen if you smoke pot regularly u might coff a bit yes but not like big fits or anything unless u have an disorder or something also you may feel depressed when u suddenly stop smoking other than that ther arent normaly many bad side effects however if it is illegal were you live i highly recomend that you not brake the law if you choose to thats on you i do it but i also have an imployer thats ok with that fact and i take that risk bc i enjoy pot but u dont wanna start something unless you are sure u can handle it and the best thing u can do is support the legalization as much as u can and then id recomend discussing it with your doctor ask him seriously and ask him y a doctor might perscribe it for medicinal purposes to better understand ask him the side effects and risks and keep in mind he may be a little biased but he will not lie to you peace
It's used for stomach aches that occur as a result of chemotherapy, not for your usual stomach ache. You're right that doctors in certain areas will allow certain patients, often with cancer and disorders causing chronic pain (excluding glaucoma) to legally purchase and use marijuana. However, as you also mentioned, it can be harmful to smoke so there are a few new medications both in research and clinically used, as synthetic THC.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 15th 2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Hero View Post

A doctor isn't going to prescribe medical marijuana for a problem that most likely doesn't exist. The OP wants to try it because it sounds like fun. Pretty sure a doctor isn't going to give you weed for that.

And considering that everyone's bodies react differently to things, you don't really have a place to say "weed won't do that." Unless you're an expert with a college degree in biochemistry, you don't know everything that drugs can do.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
evans_x Offline
Just a whisper in the wind ..
Not a n00b

Name: Kayla

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 17th 2011, 07:49 AM

I don't know much about it and I haven't looked through all the responses but I know from people, that some can't live without it. I guess it depends on the person really, but if the person I know doesn't have any (he smokes it every hour of every day) he will get irritated and really mean, like yelling and just being very mean in general. I can't stand it, and because of that, we barely talk.

♪ Remember when, you were my boat and I was your sea. Together we'd float so delicately ♥

Send a message via Yahoo to evans_x Send a message via Skype™ to evans_x 
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - May 17th 2011, 10:48 PM

I definitely wouldn't ever say a person couldn't live without weed. Yes, some people can be pretty miserable if they try to stop, mostly because they don't have anything positive to replace it with, but that doesn't mean a person needs weed to live. I think the point was that if you start smoking on a regular basis, it's possible that you can get addicted to the habit. I've had friends in the passed who are literally high all the time and they freak out a little when they try to stop because they're more aware of what's going on and aren't just cruising by. I've also had friends who smoke a ton and literally couldn't lend me money for an emergency because it was their pot money. Pretty much, don't be those kids.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.

Closed Thread