TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oreo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smoking weed - March 7th 2009, 01:45 PM

Welp im 16 years old.. And have a life of my own.. I smoke weed as much as i can. and i drink when i get paid to buy it.. I just really dont know when to say STOP I DONT NEED THIS. I think it all the time and say it but i dont feel it.. even if somone walked in this door and handed me a joint. i would stop writing here and smoke it.. then i would have to wait about a i dont know how long because i wouldnt be able to see the words im writing. anyway i really need help..

What can i do to quit doing this to myself..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ZombieLover Offline
Half smile teen.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Re: Smoking weed - March 7th 2009, 03:46 PM

Does any of your friends do it?

My Life Is like Twister, but I'm the only one playing...
  Send a message via AIM to ZombieLover  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Bls123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Smoking weed - March 8th 2009, 07:07 AM

Take anything or everyone out of your life that smokes weed or promotes the usage of marijuana. I was in you place but with other drugs and i find when i get cravings if i do something else i will forget about it and it passes for example. i'm a musician and when i get cravings i play the piano. it helps the craving pass and its productive. and don't beat your self down bc you've tried quitting or you can't quit. quitting is hard. i couldn't do if by myself and if you really can't quit you might need to get help. there is nothing wrong with asking someone for help. I had to swallow my pride and say yea i have a problem and i need help with it but i think that you have already swallowed the fact that you have a problem but first step is to see if you can break the addiction cycle on your own. if you can't go to step two. Talk to someone you trust about maybe going to a out patient or even in patient rehab. I wish you the best of luck

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Smoking weed - March 10th 2009, 01:57 AM

Although smoking marijuana in itself isn't overly dangerous, it's what it can lead onto that is the dangerous part. The important thing is that you've realised you want this out of your life, and to be honest that's the first and most important step. Do you have friends that use with you? If so, i'd strongly suggest getting them out of your life, or at least distancing yourself from them while you're trying to get off the drugs. People who you associate with smoking weed are most likely negative influences or your life, and removing them, can in fact remove most of your problem. Although weed is not physically addictive, it can be mentally difficult to get off and does require a good amount of will power.

If you're willing to put in the effort to get out of this and move on from this stage in your life, then in the scheme of things it shouldn't be incredibly difficult, it's just taking the first step and distancing yourself from people supplying you with the drugs that is the difficult part.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Smoking weed - March 10th 2009, 02:10 AM

If you can't keep control over your actions, then just stop. Marijuana isn't physically addicting. It's your mentality about it and you don't need it. Just because you live your life on your own does not mean in any way its ok to buy liquor (I don't know how you're doing that) or that it's ok to smoke. You can find plenty of other activities that don't involve drugs or alcohol. I myself smoke and drink, but I don't do it constantly. Space or separate yourself from the people you know who do smoke and drink because that's not a good situation to put yourself in as you've said yourself: if someone were to walk up to you with a joint in hand you would abandon this post and go smoke it. Well don't give into that. It's not hard after you being to deny it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Joshie Offline
Just Myself
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joshh

Re: Smoking weed - March 10th 2009, 02:57 AM

Tell your friends,
My friend wouldnt stop smoking that much till i got him to
friends help alot mate

Growing up is fun; So get out there and Experience new things.

JUST BE SAFE DURING ALL THIS FUN.
~Josh
  Send a message via MSN to Joshie  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
torsen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Smoking weed - March 10th 2009, 05:33 AM

There are a lot of problems associated with smoking which people face like problem with respiratory system, heart and many more. Chantix helps you to get over this smoking habit and it works on the body by giving you the same feel good effect and hence reduces the craving for nicotine. Best luck to all those who want to give up smoking.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Smoking weed - March 11th 2009, 01:55 AM

Yeah, but this isn't about cigarettes. This is about weed. And solemnly does pot cause imminent respiratory or heart damage to the smoker.

Closed Thread