TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ZombieLover Offline
Half smile teen.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Exclamation The bong breaks... - March 7th 2009, 03:43 PM

Last night was the most i've ever smoked ever. I had like 5-7 hits on a joint and 2 on a bong.

And the thing is, i'm 14.

I want to stop i just can't. I'm known at school as that cool druggie.
All my friends do it so i can't run from it. And i'm not getting new friends.

So how do i deal with this?

My Life Is like Twister, but I'm the only one playing...
  Send a message via AIM to ZombieLover  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: The bong breaks... - March 7th 2009, 11:13 PM

You don't have to smoke to be cool. You don't have to smoke so much either. Do what you want and just have fun. If your friends force you to do stuff you don't want to, they're not your friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: The bong breaks... - March 7th 2009, 11:31 PM

Wow I don't know what kind of school you go to where if you do drugs your cool lol.
Just stop it if you really want to, weed is not addicting.
Plus if your friends stop hanging with you just because you don't get high they are not real friends in my opinion.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: The bong breaks... - March 8th 2009, 04:45 AM

Hey Jamie. Well, I know next to nothing about drugs and addictions and all that kind of stuff, but if you really want to stop doing drugs, it seems like maybe you should talk to someone. Maybe some kind of addictions counselor?

If you really are serious about getting help, it's going to have to take a lot and it's going to be a big, probably a bit scary step, so I think you need to think it through and ask yourself how far you really are willing to go to get help. Then maybe think about talking to someone who can get you in touch with some kind of counselor/therapist that can help you out.

& As far as I'm concerned, anyone who looks at drugs as cool is an ass hole. Nothing that has such power to ruin your life is 'cool.'

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Des

Re: The bong breaks... - March 8th 2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLE View Post
Wow I don't know what kind of school you go to where if you do drugs your cool lol.
Just stop it if you really want to, weed is not addicting.
Plus if your friends stop hanging with you just because you don't get high they are not real friends in my opinion.
I beg to differ... Weed is a drug like any other and as such is addicting. I know a friend who was into drugs hardcore and this person smoked a lot of weed when they were quitting other drugs and it was harder for this person to quit the weed then all the other drugs. And I myself can testify to that. Weed is addicting, it isn't as simple as "just stop if you really want to".

On a side note: At my school, those who do drugs are "cool"... Though we are a school of about 200 so.... That's probably because 3/4 of my school are druggies :P

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: The bong breaks... - March 8th 2009, 06:38 AM

Simple...just don't smoke haha.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: The bong breaks... - March 8th 2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLover View Post
Last night was the most i've ever smoked ever. I had like 5-7 hits on a joint and 2 on a bong.

And the thing is, i'm 14.

I want to stop i just can't. I'm known at school as that cool druggie.
All my friends do it so i can't run from it. And i'm not getting new friends.

So how do i deal with this?
You quit it and if the friends leave you, that's too bad for them. You always have a choice, there's never a time when you cannot have a choice. At least you can get friends without being high and a "cool druggie".

(#8 (permalink)) Old
ZombieLover Offline
Half smile teen.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Re: The bong breaks... - March 8th 2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post
Hey Jamie. Well, I know next to nothing about drugs and addictions and all that kind of stuff, but if you really want to stop doing drugs, it seems like maybe you should talk to someone. Maybe some kind of addictions counselor?

If you really are serious about getting help, it's going to have to take a lot and it's going to be a big, probably a bit scary step, so I think you need to think it through and ask yourself how far you really are willing to go to get help. Then maybe think about talking to someone who can get you in touch with some kind of counselor/therapist that can help you out.

& As far as I'm concerned, anyone who looks at drugs as cool is an ass hole. Nothing that has such power to ruin your life is 'cool.'

i can't, my parents would fleah me if they ever found out about what i do.

My Life Is like Twister, but I'm the only one playing...
  Send a message via AIM to ZombieLover  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: The bong breaks... - March 8th 2009, 04:50 PM

Friends worth having around wouldn't "shun" you because you won't do drugs.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to quit, lose the friends that use such silly judgment, and surround yourself with people worth having around? Continuing a habit for social acceptance will ultimately be your downfall in the end. You're young, you've got plenty of time to sort things out and make yourself happy.

No, it's not easy dropping friends. Yes, you'll have moments where you'll want to reconsider smoking just to have friends, but once you find the friends worth having around, it's worth it.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
JenniferxMarie Offline
alone.
Average Joe

Name: Jenn

Re: The bong breaks... - March 8th 2009, 10:33 PM

look for other friends.
when they ask you to smoke say
you have something else planned, try and get away
from it as fast as you can.
addiction is something you don't need
trust me this is coming from an addict.

Jennifer Marie
"learn how to apologize, learn how to say
'i love you' to someone other than your cat
and mean it, learn how to express yourself,
learn how to smile a "fuck you"
regardless of the outdated traditions,
the talentless critics or what is fashionable or give up."

Send a message via MSN to JenniferxMarie  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: The bong breaks... - March 9th 2009, 05:59 PM

I think since you were the one who got yourself into this, your parents finding out and having a negative reaction is just what you asked for.

If you are having problems quitting you should go and get some help, wether it be from a friend or a proffessional source. I can understand your feelings towards not wanting your parent's to know... and that is still possible, but maybe that way would be tougher as well. But, in either case your going to have to stop smoking the stuff.

As for your friends? Drug's create false friendships. If you took away all the drugs and the temptation... how would you all treat eachother? How would you all feel about eachother? Would they really even care to be friends anymore? Think about it.
It's a false friendship, and if they mock you for not doing drugs... just remember that you were the one brave enough to do something right for once.

Take care,
Shaun.

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Somber.Tears Offline
Future Cancer Patient
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

Re: The bong breaks... - March 9th 2009, 08:30 PM

Drugs CAN cause false friendships... They dont necisaraly HAVE to... I myself am a user and i can honestly say that i have friends that dont do drugs that i hang around with. I have friends that were users and quit and im still very close to them. It all depends on the type of person they are. I myself have no problem NOT doing drugs but use it for recreational use and not a daily habit, Im working on that myself. If you dont liek doing drugs then DONT DO IT, no ones forcing you to. Anyways thats my piece.
  Send a message via MSN to Somber.Tears  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Des

Red face Re: The bong breaks... - March 9th 2009, 08:45 PM

To be honest... As hard as it is, telling your parents will probably be your best and safest bet. Unless you have someone who you can contact at any time, day or night, 3pm or 3am to help you get through the tough times. If you do, then that's great, and ask them if they would be willing to help and support you but just in case you don't... Your parents will be able to get you help that you need, they can also help watch out for you and discourage your use much more then a friend could. By not telling your parents, you still have to hide things from them and you will still always be hiding things from them. Take it from someone who took the hard way, by not telling my parents. As much as they may be upset, you are their child, they will get over it and want to help you.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: The bong breaks... - March 10th 2009, 01:58 AM

Yeah because druggies are so cool. You aren't a druggie. Druggies don't take just a few puffs of weed. I wouldn't even classify you as a pothead because that's a small amount of smoking to people who smoke often. You can stop, and it just seems like you don't want to. If your friends are real, they'll support the fact that you want to stop. Marijuana is not addictive. It's purely mental what you're feeling and if you aren't being helped or supported by your friends, maybe you should think about creating some space between yourself and them or find new friends that will support you.

Is it really necessary to be smoking at 14? You should be enjoying your adolescence. There are so many more and better things you could be doing with your time right now. That's very young to be smoking and you can occupy and manage your time much better with experiences and activities not involving weed. If you still want to smoke, I say do it when you're older,wiser and more mature because believe me buddy, if you were to get caught by police at your age, that would look very bad. Smoking right now or even period is not worth sacrificing your adolescent years and potentially getting in trouble. Your parents have enough to worry about when you're a young teenager; they don't need this.

Last edited by peaceSRC; March 10th 2009 at 02:29 AM.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Hotcakes75 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

March 11th 2009, 10:34 PM

You don't have to smoke that much if you don't want to, and you don't have to stop. Develop healthy habits, learn when to let the joint pass you, and if your friends are being bad influences, give them a piece of your mind and assert your beliefs. I also recommend finding more friends who smoke, but not excessively.

Oh yeah and by smoking that much, all you're doing is raising your tolerance.

Last edited by Pandamonium; March 11th 2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Double post

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: The bong breaks... - March 11th 2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictionByNature View Post
I beg to differ... Weed is a drug like any other and as such is addicting. I know a friend who was into drugs hardcore and this person smoked a lot of weed when they were quitting other drugs and it was harder for this person to quit the weed then all the other drugs. And I myself can testify to that. Weed is addicting, it isn't as simple as "just stop if you really want to".
Psssh naw, your friend just didn't want to quit so she couldn't. Weed is NOT addiciting lol. Weeds a plant, just as easy to stop eating carrots.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
KCisforMe Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Matt

Re: The bong breaks... - March 12th 2009, 03:18 AM

Just stop smoking as much. No one will care if you're "that cool druggie" (oxymoronic much?) or not. Trust me.

Your friends should understand too, and if they don't, they will eventually.

And I hate to be a dick but that's not exactly a whole lot to smoke. I mean it's a pretty decent amount, but not a ton.

Just chill, cut back and do your own thang.
  Send a message via AIM to KCisforMe  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: The bong breaks... - March 15th 2009, 09:31 PM

ahem, marijuana is NOT addicting. Not physically. Mentally it can become habit forming, but it's a little silly to let a plant dictate your life and blame it for the things that have gone wrong in someone's life. It's not that tough to stop smoking it and it's not hard to deny it when you don't really need it. Go a week without smoking it and you'll know what I mean.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Justtme Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: The bong breaks... - March 19th 2009, 07:16 AM

Hey there,

Is there not a single friend who would stick by you and support your decision? If there is, I would tell him or her just so you can have some back-up.
If you are really that worried about what your friends think, why don't you just tell them you can't smoke because your parents have threatened to drug test you. I don't always condone fibbing and would usually promote being who you are, but I understand what being 14 is like. With that said, you won't be able to use this excuse forever, so just say you're takin a break or something. Chances are, you'll just become the "cool kid," without the druggie bit.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Re: The bong breaks... - March 22nd 2009, 02:36 AM

You can deal with this, if you truly wanna stop, you'll find a way to suit you. Not saying you're not trying, its just like other addictions/likes, if you wanna stop and one way doesn't work.. Go to another one, and so on and so forth until you find one..

You can do it.

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

(#21 (permalink)) Old
mangoe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: The bong breaks... - March 22nd 2009, 06:27 AM

I know what it's like. All my friends smoke weed too, so it's VERY hard to avoid it.

If you like being high, don't quit... just cut back. I stopped smoking weed at school and no one judged! They were happy about it, because it meant more weed for them! Now I smoke weed on weekends and at parties.

If you don't like being high, then quit... smoking weed doesn't make you cool. Making your own decisions and doing what YOU think is right is cool.

And trust me... it doesn't have to be cheesy and "uncool". If someone offers you weed, just simply say "naw... I don't blaze anymore, it's not for me"

I do know one thing though
Bitches they come they go
Saturday through Sunday Monday
Monday through Sunday, Yo

(#22 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: The bong breaks... - March 30th 2009, 04:27 AM

Hey Jamie,

I think many people have given you good advice. If you want to quit then you should quit. How do you know you can't quit? Have you even tried? Let me fill you in on something: doing drugs is not cool and never will be cool. It is illegal and in many cases it ruins lives. I think you need to sit down and take a good look at yourself. Ask yourself who you really want to be. Is this what you really want? Are these the kind of friends you really want? The kind of friends who would abandon you for making your life better don't sound like good friends to me. You can quit if you want to. In fact, this is the absolute easiest drug to quit. I am by no means saying it will be easy for you. All I mean by that is it could get a lot harder if 1. You let this habit get worse or 2. You turn to harder drugs for a better high (I don't believe in the gateway drug theory myself but many people do turn to harder drugs after weed just doesn't cut it anymore). Basically what I am saying is tackle this problem before it gets out of hand. It is up to you to make the right decision and all we can do is point you in the right direction (the right direction being a drug free existence). If your friends do stick around then I would let them know that doing drugs around you isn't okay. You are going to be faced with a lot of temptation and it is going to be hard but you can do it. If you are ever feeling like giving in you have a lot of resources available to you: you could call a drug abuse hotline and a list of numbers can be found here: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22, you can use the Live Help feature on the site and whoever is online can talk you through a craving, you can go to the support and advice chat room, you can call a friend, you can go to a marijuana anonymous meeting find one in your area by going here http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/, and you can always always PM me and I will do my best to help you.
It is up to you to make the right choices and beat this. You can do it if you are dedicated. We want to help you if you'll let us. Good luck and stay strong.

Lots of love <3

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: The bong breaks... - March 30th 2009, 11:27 AM

I have to say, if your friends are real stoners then they won't care if you don't smoke when they are.
Frankly, they'll be thinking "huh, one less person to pass to, more weed for us!!" You shouldn't have a problem. However, You are not going to get addicted to pot, its highly unlikely, unless you have an addictive personality, and this will be a mental addiction, not a physical one. Perhaps slowly cut it out, although, from what you've said, it doesn't sound like you're smoking that much. But everyone is different.
Being a 'cool druggie' isn't something to be proud of, who cares what people think of you? Be yourself, and don't change just so people like you. You could be that cool kid, no drugs involved there

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#24 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: The bong breaks... - March 30th 2009, 01:07 PM

It's not at all cool to be known as a "druggie", it really isn't. So i don't know who you're hanging out with, but they seem rather stupid really.

If you want to quit smoking, then you can. It's all in your head as it's not physically addictive. And i agree with Lou, they won't care much if you quit, they'll think of it as more for them.

Being known as a stoner is hardly that great of a title, but eh, its up to you. I trust you know the risks involved in smoking weed.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#25 (permalink)) Old
1911 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: The bong breaks... - April 1st 2009, 03:18 AM

I know you said you can't get new friends, but you really don't need to be hanging out with the ones you've got now. They're only keeping you on the drugs. If you want to get away from the drugs, first you need to get rid of the friends. You don't have to use drugs for people to like you. To me, drugs make people very unlikeable. You don't want to go through the rest of your life on drugs. You have a lot to accomplish in your life. And a lot of it won't get done if you're on drugs. Distance yourself from the friends, go to meetings if you can, get support from your family. You can do this!

Closed Thread