TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Alcoholic? Can't get drunk anymore. - May 8th 2011, 05:01 PM

Recently i have started drinking shocking amounts of alcohol. I've been drinking for ages ut now things have got really stressful and i'm drining more and more. Mostly evreyday.
I'm a bit drunk now tbh. But instead of a quarter of a bottle to get my drunk on vodka, it takes alot more and i cant get drunk as easily anymore even though i wasnt a light weight in the first place.
If i don't drink i get the shakes in my hands and headaches. It's really shit and i get that panicked if i dont have one.

Does this mean i have a drink problem?
I'm only 15 so it sounds really stupid because im not even legal. but it's seriously the only thing thats keeping mwe together atm..

Hahaha, i've learnt to type without looking at the keys so thats why i can type so good in this message; Awsoemee!!

But seriously? Do i need help~?

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Alcoholic? Can't get drunk anymore. - May 8th 2011, 05:16 PM

I would recommend you do get help because from what you've said, it does seem as if you've got a drinking problem and at the age of 15, you shouldn't even be drinking let alone having drinking problems.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Re: Alcoholic? Can't get drunk anymore. - May 8th 2011, 05:24 PM

Yeah well, things are just shit atm. So you can't really blame me. I had to make a decision between cutting, smoking and drinking because i cant do it all together. And drinking ruled out the rest. I don't know how to get help :S xx

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Alcoholic? Can't get drunk anymore. - May 8th 2011, 05:37 PM

It's understandable why you turned to drink but I honestly think it would be much better if you received help for both your drinking problem and the problems that caused you to drink. As for getting that help, I would recommend seeing a counsellor then you could tell them why you turned to drinking and they'll be able to get you help for it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
1529 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Alcoholic? Can't get drunk anymore. - May 8th 2011, 05:41 PM

Instead of finding something negative to 'help' you through, find something positive. I've been there before with the drinking and smoking and although it feels like it's helping when you start to feel that drunk feeling, the next day you still feel miserable but combined with a hangover. The positive thing I found to turn to is music. I like house music and when I'm down, I search for new songs I might like, go for a walk with my ipod or look into a gig I can go to. I'm now looking into writing for a website on different producers. It really has helped me to have something positive that I'm so into. I hope that you find the same.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Alcoholic? Can't get drunk anymore. - May 9th 2011, 12:47 AM

Nobody has really addressed the main point here; well, I mean they did, but there is another key point.

Yes, it sounds like you have a drinking problem. Drinking mass amounts of alcohol every day is not good for you. To be constantly drunk is going to tear down your system, and eventually you could have bigger health problems, such as liver failure.

But, in case your wondering, mostly everyone who starts out drinking (no matter at what age) have a low tolerance for alcohol, which makes them get drunk faster. This means, the more alcohol you drink, the higher your tolerance becomes and the longer you can drink without getting drunk. It used to take me about a beer and a half to be completely sloshed; now it takes close to 7 or 8 before I'm completely wasted, and I've been drinking moderately since I was 16 or 17. If you stop drinking for a small amount of time, your tolerance goes back down but not by much. Also, the slower you drink will also have this affect.

I highly suggest seeking help, such as Alcoholics Anonymous. Nobody has to know who you are, and what information you share stays within that group. I don't know if that's what they call those specific groups there in the UK, but here that's what we call Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings. You'll need to get help as soon as possible. Alcohol problems do not go away on their own.

I went through a similar situation, so if you'd like to contact me for support and questions, I'd be happy to help you in any way that I can.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
Closed Thread