TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Cait Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caitlin

what am i suppose to do? - May 23rd 2011, 02:20 AM

Hi I am a 19 yr old female I have OCD, ADHD, ADD, DEPRESSION, BIPOLAR, SEVERE ANXIETY, PTSD, SLEEPING PROBLEMS, I'M DISLEXIC AND I SUFFER FROM SEVER MIGRAINES. The different drugs I do, weed, alcohol, pills all help with my mental illnesses and my migraines and the doctor even said that the alcohol is not the reason for my migraines that supprisingly the alcohol is helping and that vicodin and perks wouldnt even help with my pain because they arent strong enough for me. Don't know what else to do with myself. I am on anti-depressants and everything but nothing has helped me yet

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: what am i suppose to do? - May 23rd 2011, 04:32 AM

[Edited] I wouldn't trust these diagnoses. First, since around 2000, ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, so to list them as separate ones is nonsense. Second, the third diagnostic criteria for depression (officially called major depressive disorder) excludes any type of bipolar disorder being present. Specifically, it says "There has never been a Manic Episode (see p. 362), a Mixed Episode (see p. 365), or a Hypomanic Episode (see p. 368)". The exception is if any of these are due to medications, drugs or a general health disorder. Unfortunately, this makes me believe you weren't officially diagnosed because no doctor would diagnose you with the list you mentioned. If you saw another doctor for a second opinion and they read that list, they wouldn't believe it was real because it's nonsense.

I'm not going to call horseshit on this particular aspect but can you explain what you mean by severe anxiety? I ask this because PTSD is an anxiety disorder, so the severe anxiety symptoms may be symptoms of PTSD or something different.

I'm quite curious about your migraine headaches because anti-depressants, particularly tricyclics, are known to help in reducing migraines. With vicodin also not helping, these migraines must be quite powerful, however, depending on the amount of alcohol you're consuming, it will affect the medications you're taking. The marijuana may or may not have a factor as there are very few studies on its effect for migraine headaches. To be sure, I looked up on Scopus and found around only 20 studies. If your headaches are this severe and if you haven't done so, go to a neurologist because a psychiatrist doesn't have the proper background to help with that.

Lastly, I think you already answered this question but just to be sure, when you say "pills", are you taking only vicodin and anti-depressants, or are there any others? For your anti-depressants, what is the name of it and if you are willing to say, the dosage?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Last edited by Ngikhona; May 24th 2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Unneeded rudeness.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: what am i suppose to do? - May 23rd 2011, 08:47 PM

I find it extremely odd that a doctor would support an underage person drinking alcohol at all, because it's illegal, let alone encouraging it with anti-depressants. There's a huge chance, depending on the anti-depressant, that it should help the migraines. I was put on one purely to prevent migraines. I'd agree with saying you should see a neurologist for migraines as they're typically the most capable of diagnosing/treating those. If you have headaches that severe, any doctor would send for at LEAST an MRI to rule out brain tumors or anything of that sort.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

Closed Thread