TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Bag on my head - June 9th 2011, 08:38 PM

My friends put a bag on my head yesterday and blew secondhand weed smoke at me until I was blazed. I quit a while ago, but now I REALLY want more... help?

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

(#2 (permalink)) Old
messed_up Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Bag on my head - June 10th 2011, 03:56 AM

Quiting can be really hard. and getting high that one time makes it harder. the trick is to not think about it. try really hard to distract yourself and don't do it again. Every time you feel like getting high just go for a run or draw something. Do anything to distract yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Bag on my head - June 10th 2011, 08:17 AM

Honestly, I think you should reevaluate who your friends are if they do that to you after you've quit smoking.

Remember the reasons you quit, write them out so you can see them in front of you. Also try distracting yourself by keeping busy. It doesn't have to be much, even like reading a book, but don't just sit there and think about how much you want it, because the craving will get worse.

Exercise truly helps too. Remember what the natural highs of life are like, because they are so much better than drug-induced highs.

Best of luck. Feel free to PM me anytime.
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
U s e r n a m e Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Bag on my head - June 15th 2011, 01:27 AM

Don't be around people who try to get YOU to do things YOU don't want to do. It's obvious there's a part of you that wants to go back to smoking because that bag would have needed to be on your head for a long time, and they would have needed to blow a lot of second hand smoke in to get you baked. 90% of THC and other trace cannabinoids are absorbed by the lungs within 2 seconds of inhalation. The most important thing for you to do now is remember why you quite in the first place, and use that as motivation to further your sobriety.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: Bag on my head - June 15th 2011, 02:02 AM

If your trying to quit then hang around people who don't do it... two its not a real friend if that do that to you... and to help quit I always suggest the rubber band method it has helped alot of people I know.. what you do is go buy some of the office rubber bands not pony tail holders they don't work... It really has to be one of those rubber ones.. and wear it on your wrist at all times and when you have a craving or something pop yourself with the rubber band, then eventually find things like hobbies to do to keep your mind off of it... like said above RUNNING cures a lot and so dose WATER lots and lots of water it always makes the body fill full and you piss out anything in your system after a month like any addictive substances... and it helps cut craving, like when you fill the need to smoke drink water always keep water with you thats all the advice i can really give

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Re: Bag on my head - June 23rd 2011, 11:41 PM

it was my twin sister's boyfriend who put the bag on my head. and I love my sister way too much to not hang with her. but she lives with him now...

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Bag on my head - June 24th 2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ThankYouForTheMusic* View Post
it was my twin sister's boyfriend who put the bag on my head. and I love my sister way too much to not hang with her. but she lives with him now...
Hang out with her without him being around.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Bag on my head - June 25th 2011, 01:44 AM

I’ve always said hang around who ever you want. Ultimately it boils down to whether or not you have the will power to do what’s best for you. If I was in your position when someone put a bag on my head I’d take it off and tell them where to put it next.

Drugs don’t do anything for you, I’ve found its best to stay clear of them.

Closed Thread