TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
oOo.NICKI.oOo Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicki

Having a Bad High - June 26th 2011, 03:26 AM

Recently I've been getting the urge to smoke weed again. I've only done it about three times in my life. However, each time I've done it, I haven't had a very good experience. I tend to be an anxious person and so I'm not sure that helps when I smoke weed.

Do you guys think it's weird that I'm tempted to try smoking again even though I've had not so great experiences in the past? I know there are rules on the forum against discussing this in detail, about using these marijuana, but I just thought I'd ask if that's weird that I want to smoke again. Also, I'm just confused on what I should do in general.

Send a message via MSN to oOo.NICKI.oOo Send a message via Yahoo to oOo.NICKI.oOo  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Having a Bad High - June 26th 2011, 08:08 AM

No, I don't think its weird. You could just have a small part of you that believes the next time will be different. Or if you have friends that smoke weed they might have good highs and it makes you want to have one too.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Having a Bad High - June 26th 2011, 08:13 AM

I agree with Nicole. Part of you is probably expecting, or hoping, that you'll get the same high as everyone else, that it will be better the next time.

I would suggest trying to abstain. You know that you didn't have a good experience, so repeat that to yourself whenever you feel like you want to.

Good luck.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ambygasm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Having a Bad High - July 9th 2011, 02:48 AM

Hi there, I've done this probably about 20 or 30 times over a couple of years, and I've never had an enjoyable experience. I've had some seriously HORRIBLE experiences with severe nausea, tunnel vision, and basically feeling like I was gonna die, and some experiences where I was laughing, and found the visual and audio distortions interesting, but wasn't really enjoying it.
It was basically a bit fat MEH. Yes that's both with good weed and bad weed.
And all those times I thought that maybe the next time will be a better time, that something would be different, but really, it never was.
I suppose some people just aren't compatible with weed, even though it's everyone's favorite "harmless" drug.

I think you should consider this a blessing. There's no need for you to get into it and give yourself more problems than you think it can solve. It's easy to come by, the social stigma of using it is reducing, laws are seeming to relax around it, etc. As in, it would be very easy to form a habit and an addiction.
It's not harmless for sure, and I've seen the effects of its long term use on several people (paranoia being very prevalent).

Stay away from it if you can. You don't need it. No one "needs" it. They need something else, often something deeper, but they mistakenly think they can fix their problems by filling in the holes with drugs.

Stay strong!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dedalus Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Joe

Re: Having a Bad High - July 9th 2011, 11:34 AM

Well there's no such thing as a safe drug. I used to smoke weed everyday at one point in my life and I never had a bad experience then. However, I had a horrendous acid trip and after a month or so I decided to get high off weed with a few mates. I was anxious like you are and what I experienced was like nothing else....it was an awful feeling like what you said.

I would never have said it before, but I do think weed and experiences of it are affected by anxiety. Some people are also worse affected, experiencing the things you listed, in the way that weed reduces the amount of oxygen in your lungs.

I don't think you're the right person for the drug - as I'm sure you realise - and I suggest you stay off it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Having a Bad High - July 11th 2011, 05:53 AM

You could be wanting to socially smoke it?

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

(#7 (permalink)) Old
oOo.NICKI.oOo Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicki

Re: Having a Bad High - July 11th 2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel14 View Post
You could be wanting to socially smoke it?
Well all the times I've done it, it's been with other people. I just wish I could enjoy it like the other people I'm with, but I guess I just tend to worry a lot in general, so I don't enjoy the experience. I wish I knew how to change that though!

Send a message via MSN to oOo.NICKI.oOo Send a message via Yahoo to oOo.NICKI.oOo  
Closed Thread