TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
have faith in me <3
Not a n00b

Name: Hayley Justine :)

TMX (pure caffiene.) - July 9th 2011, 05:40 PM

First drug i've ever tried.
and it was great.
like...no joke. my best friend brought home a baggie with probably around six to eight ounces, and we snorted, smoke and then ran around her backyard.
every time i went over there, we smoked then snorted and then did our homework and rocked out to some music.
and the best part about it was:
one: i could hide the high from my parents.
two: i actually did my homework
three: it won't show up on a UA.

plus, the girl who was an ex-druggie, who my best friend got it from, said that she didn't eat for days on end and lost a shit load of weight.

but, i'm sorta worried that there's a downfall to all of this.

heart means everything.
<3

tumblr.
  Send a message via MSN to facemeetpavement  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: TMX (pure caffiene.) - July 9th 2011, 05:56 PM

Hi there,

A lot of people underestimate the dangers of caffeine abuse since it's regularly used in drinks and other food products but if misused it can be a very serious thing.

Among other things the misuse of caffeine can cause heart problems, anxiety attacks and insomnia. Caffeine also has very unpleasant withdrawal effects so this can lead to dependency.

I highly suggest that you stop using it in this way immediately before it leads to you having too much dependence on it. Since you've used it a lot you may experience some unpleasant withdrawal effects such as headaches and fatigue but these withdrawal effects disappear in most cases after about 5 days.

This site has some pretty good advice of how to get through caffeine withdrawal symptoms - http://www.howtodothings.com/health-...ine-withdrawal

Take care and try to stay away from too much caffeine in future.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: TMX (pure caffiene.) - July 10th 2011, 10:59 AM

Hey-

How much have you looked up about the effects of this to your emotional and physical health? Do some research, Google is great for that really. Don't believe everything you find, make sure it's credible and all that, but knowledge is power in my opinion.

Like, not eating, you'll start feeling dizzy and not well overall. You'll be weak, and honestly it's not fun. I thought I loved that effect from a different drug, but I realized any weight I really do lose looks like an unhealthy weight loss, and that I'm losing out on a lot from just not feeling well in general.

There's a lot of other downfalls to drugs. But in the end, it has to be your decision. If you don't want to change your habits you won't. But if you truly want to, you most definitely can. =)

I hope the best for you. PM me if you ever want to talk.
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: TMX (pure caffiene.) - July 10th 2011, 09:40 PM

While caffeine may not show up on a drug test, the effects of caffeine may. The first noticable effect doesn't even need a drug test: raised blood pressure and pupil dilation. Many illegal drugs will cause pupil dilation and the most common cause is being on such drugs so if you go for a drug test or even pass a police officer, they'll suspect something right away. There are natural disorders that can cause pupil dilation but those are irrelevant for this thread.

An effect that can be noticed by a basic drug test is your electrolytes will be at an increased concentration, particularly calcium and potassium. There are ways to get around that by taking certain substances (legal ones) but I'm not going to go there.

Your friend you described who is not eating due to the caffeine intake is probably experiencing poisoning. To be specific, theobromine poisoning via vagus nerve suppression. I assume she had/has nausea and possibly vomiting (if not, she will once she drinks even more). It is rather worrying because it tells me she's had a hell of a lot to drink or snort. Unfortunately, if she persists and drinks or snorts even more, she'll experience seizures, cardiac arrhthymias and have a heart attack, possibly leading to death. In other words, the fact she's having weight loss means she's poisoning herself in a way you don't want any part of.

There can be many downfalls to the caffeine you ingest particularly at high doses and when you snort it (as you know, when you snort it you by-pass the liver for the most part). One possible danger is caffeine has a long list of drug-drug interactions, so if you're taking any medications with the large dose of caffeine, you may go on a ride of your life and the ride isn't always positive. It's generally accepted if you ingest ~400 mg of caffeine daily (equivalent to 4-5 cups daily) you'll be relatively fine aside from possible insomnia and headache. Once you get above this, then caffeine can aid the development of cardiovascular disorders and possibly cancer.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread