TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
toxxxic21 Offline
It's Never Too Late <3
Average Joe

Unhappy Parents on Spice... - July 13th 2011, 10:48 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ive known for a while that my parents used to smoke pot which i have no probllem with...i think it should be legalized (even though i dont smoke it) but my parents quit smoking it because my dads in the military and could get in a lot of trouble for smoking it. my mom quit a few years ago because my dad was getting jealous of her.................a few days ago i found some spice in the drawer that they keep their washcloths in.....spice scares me. my boyfriends mom had a seiser(i know thats spelled wrong :P ) after using it and a kid a grade above me died after using it. i used to hang out with a crowd who smoked it almost every day and i started to notice that they got a lot more aggressive and im really afraid that my parents are going to end up like them.......my mom and i never got along but in the past few months we have been getting along SOOOOOO much better...and i dont want things to go back to the way they used to be....ive confronted her about it and she says she wont make me any promises.....im really afraid to talk to my dad about it because hes always been horrible to me and i know the spice is his....if i tell him that i found it he'll probably scream at me for snooping in his stuff or something........i just dont know what to do....i love them both so much and i just dont want anything bad to happen to them.....

~whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Parents on Spice... - July 22nd 2011, 09:43 AM

I think that you need to tell your mum why you want her to stop, if you haven't already. Let her know that it's because you love her and because you're worried about it. Perhaps you could tell your mum how you feel about your dad, instead of going straight to him?

In the end, it's their lives, so you can't make them do anything. If you ever feel the environment is unsafe for you, let an outside adult know.

x

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Parents on Spice... - July 27th 2011, 04:35 AM

Sadly enough, if people don't mature and listen to the facts by the time they're grown up, the facts probably will not do. Just try to talk to your mom, ask her to at least look at some research and studies online and see your reasoning. But, it is their lives, and yes, if you're being put in an unhealthy or unsuitable situation, tell someone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Parents on Spice... - July 31st 2011, 07:26 PM

this is definetely cause for concern. as most parents do not do drugs at all. However, the good news: the old K2 spice that was in the news a lot last year, is not the same as the one they now sell. The old spice , and anything containing those synthetic cannabinoids, was made illegal march of this year. thus the new stuff is different. but now we dont know anything about the new stuff. however, it may still be possible that this particular spice was purchased before march, but i see that as highly unlikely.

Closed Thread