TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Cool Little brother asking for... - March 14th 2009, 02:40 AM

So I just came home from going out with a friend when my brother attacks me. This is the dialog that follows:

Michael: "Megan, give me some weed."
Me: "WTF.... no."
Michael: "Do you have any."
Me: "No go away I don't have any."
Michael:" Come on Megan I know you have some."
Me: "Why do you want some."
Michael: " Cause I am raging."
Me: "Then calm down
Michael: " Megan will you get me some?"
Me: "No Michael go away"
Michael:" Why not "
Me: "Cause you are my little brother"
Michael: "Fine."

I found this amusing because my brother has always been anti-drugs. He has even tried to get me into trouble with my mom in the past for smoking weed and tells on me if he so much smells a whiff of smoke in the house. I don't know what could have caused this change in him. He doesn't have any new friends. Does anyone know what the negative influence could be? This is so unlike him. I plan on never giving him any weed ( while i don't see any harm in weed besides the fact that it is illegal) I don't want to introduce him to drugs of any kind. I hope he can understand this.

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Elle Ater-Rosa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Little brother asking for... - March 14th 2009, 08:40 AM

Out of curiosity, how old is your little brother? I know smoking weed is getting more popular with middle school and junior high kids, and even some elementary school kids so it might be his friends influencing him. I agree with the decision to not give him any and to discourage it in him. If he asks you again, try asking him why he is raging so badly. Maybe something really bad happened and it was a once-off occurence? He might have heard that it calms you down and thought it would be a good time to try it. Or, maybe, he was ratting you out to keep the heat off himself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Little brother asking for... - March 14th 2009, 08:58 AM

Just to let everyone know my brother is 15 1/2. I started smoking weed when I was younger than him... and I really have nothing against him smoking I just don't want to get him started cause I will feel responsible if he tried other things

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Little brother asking for... - March 14th 2009, 03:01 PM

At fifteen it's not unusual for people to become curious about drugs, in particular weed, so i wouldn't be overly shocked by this. Weed is something that's often not seen as dangerous on it's own, even though it does have it's risks. The main thing that concerns people about weed usually is the fact that it can lead onto other drugs, and it seems like this is your main conern for your brother?

I definitely think that you're doing the right thing by not giving him drugs. If he asks again then you might want to ask him whats triggered his sudden curiousity. You say that he hasn't got any new friends lately who might be having a negative influence on him, but it's often difficult to know this for sure. It may well be him seeing/hearing about you smoking that has sparked his interest.

At the end of the day it's difficult for you to stop him from experimenting if that's what he's set on doing. All you can really do is make sure he's aware of the risks involved and by answering any questions he may have. I would strongly suggest that you try your best to put him off trying drugs first though.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Closed Thread