TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Withdrawals? - July 28th 2011, 06:46 PM

I've been doing a lot better recently.
I can't remember the last time i cut and i no longer have to see my counsellor!! Woop

But since i've been thinking a lot more about alcohol. I still smoke, whenever i can get my hands on them but to be honest, i don't like smoking
I'd much rather lose myself in my alcohol and i'm finding it really hard not to fall into the habit of walking downstairs and opening my dads bottle of vodka and drinking myself into oblivion.

It was something i did daily; i used to walk into school drunk out of my head and even though i don't want to do that anymore, i still miss my booze. It's now school holidays and one day in, i'm already wanting to fall into my bad habits.

I wish that i could just drink and drink and drink. I'm literally restraining myself into walking downstairs now and getting shitfaced..

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Withdrawals? - July 31st 2011, 07:43 PM

Find distractions. Play a game, write a poem or story, read, talk to someone online or in person, play with pets, do chores, exercise, etc.

Congrats on trying to kick your addiction! That's the most important step

Feel free to PM me if you ever need support. I'm on almost every day.

-Kelly

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Withdrawals? - August 2nd 2011, 10:27 AM

Alcohol is not a healthy outlet to fall into, almost worse than cutting. As Kelly said, find another outlet or distraction. When you're craving, call a friend, go for a walk, get your mind off of it! Have you thought about going to a Substance Abuse group, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, or something where you can find support for your drinking? I guess Teen Help could help you as well. If you want, you can always PM me if you're ever having urges. I'll always be here to talk.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Withdrawals? - August 3rd 2011, 01:14 AM

Hey-

Honestly, I'd go talk to your counselor about this if that's possible. It's amazing you've stopped self harming, and that's a big and admirable task. =) Congrats!
But you don't want to get into drugs and alcohol to the point that you have to see a counselor for years and years because of hardcore addiction because of that, especially when you've already beat something that's such a big deal!

I really think you should talk to someone, and try to figure out the reason behind why you want to drink so bad, and how to fix that reason with something other than alcohol. =)

Best of luck. PM me if you ever wanna talk.
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Re: Withdrawals? - August 3rd 2011, 12:58 PM

Hey thanks you lot
In response to your comments, i have thought a about going to alcohol anonymous but chickened out because i thought it was a little too needy and pathetic for someone my age and i suspected it would be mainly middle aged people going to those meetings, which made me feel even more stupid.

I had been seeing a counsellor for 17 months and i had my last meeting with him a week ago. I am now free from therapy lol, but i have wondered if i was exactly ready to stop them. He was retiring and he never mentioned if i was ready to stop conselling.
I'm not sure what i'm going to do to be honest, i don't like having my addictions but i feel like they are the only thing keeping me stable. Because it's now school holidays i have started smoking a lot more and the last time i had a drink was sunday, so i suppose thats good isn't it?

Anyways, thankyou x

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
Closed Thread