TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
scallensworth Offline
Scallensworth
Average Joe

Name: Rose
Location: Somewhere on my own planet where everyone loves me and I don't have problems

Question Friend. - September 3rd 2011, 04:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Today a few of my friends told me that they smoke weed, drink, smoke cigarettes and in general get themselves in trouble because of substances. I don't know what to do about this because I've never dealt with it before.
Any advice would be great! The oldest one is a senior in high school and the youngest one is in 6th grade. Thanks!

Love Is All You Need In Your Life And Love Knows No Gender, Race, Religion, Or Age.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Friend. - September 3rd 2011, 03:25 PM

Well, honestly being a senior in highschool doing weed once in a while is really not very bad. Drinking is something of a non issue if he's of age (Or likely only a few months off) and cigarettes on the other hand are long term harmful.

I realize what I posted is uncharacteristic of me. I know some people on this board are gasping. However just because "Weed' isn't the worst of drugs, does not mean I will encourage other people to use it.

Honestly I'd say for the senior, it's his life. He's old enough to know the effects of drugs, and he should know what he's getting into. He might not be behaving intelligently, and you can inform him that you are worried. Otherwise, there isn't much you can do mbecause it's his life..

As for the sixth grader, it is not his life. He is not old enough to understand drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. He does not know what is is getting into, he is not behaving intelligently and he is not behaving in an apropriate manner. I would inform his parents. You could tell them that you do not want him to know it was you who told them, and they will deal with it. He is potentially setting himself up for a life of drug abuse. Weed is a famous gateway drug, and for a sixth grader, he could be doing hard drugs before the end of highschool. I really can't imagine this turning into anything but a serious addiction if he doesn't get help. I know this is not what you want to hear, but he is far too young to think he knows everything he needs to know about drugs.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

Closed Thread