TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Methamphetamine - October 4th 2011, 06:25 AM

I love chemistry, my friends and I are big Chem. nerds, we all own glassware, chemicals, and do chemistry in our free time, mostly pyrotechnics. I just keep having the desire to cook methamphetamine. You know, something that carries far more risk then just boring old chemistry, and something that has some serious money in it. Any idea how to "break this desire to cook meth"? I'm always strapped for cash, and knowing how to make real (quality), Methamphetamine could make me serious money...

I don't really have any desire to use Meth, it's a disgusting habit, I just want money...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Methamphetamine - October 4th 2011, 06:50 AM

If you need money and good with pyrotechnics, see if a movie producer would hire you as an assistant to the professional pyrotechnics or ask if you could help with pyrotechnics for large events. If you want serious money, pharmaceutical labs would be ideal, especially for a large company. However, since you have nothing more than a high-school diploma, you probably wouldn't be hired for a job that paid a lot. You may have to find a job in another field. For example, I study pharmokinetics, physiology, etc... but there's no place that'd hire me without a Bachelor's degree, so I turned to restaurants as well as staying with my aunt and uncle up north to work at a mining site, where I moved core boxes and did menial tasks. It wasn't amazing at all but it gave me some cash to use. Alternatively, if you're very good in chemistry and in your upper years (i.e. 3rd or 4th years), you could try being a tutor for high-school students.

As for breaking the desire to cook meth for money, depending where you live this may be easier. Find a place that has known drug dealers and look at how it works. It's not glamorous, it's low-end and it's like a competitive business market, only contracts aren't signed formally with a pen and paper. You'd get into the lifestyle of meth users, even if you don't become one, you'll associate yourself with them, which means you'll be vulnerable to crime. So it's not just making the meth that may be problematic and difficult (I'm not sure how it's done because I study pharmokinetics, not the production of the meds). It's also selling it and meeting high demands, all while keeping it undercover.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Methamphetamine - October 4th 2011, 06:57 AM

Production isn't terribly difficult, wash the Pseudoephedrine, boil and reduce, boil and reduce, mix in the Lye, Lithium, blah blah blah, all in all it takes about four hours (now of course I'm not making that "one pot" shit that you see on TV, I am talking a clean chemical reaction, it takes more time), some of the reagents are hard to come by (anhydrous ammonia), lithium metal, and iodine, but I know a few guys.

The big issue is that I could basically leave for 30 minutes, and come back ready to start cooking. I've always been penniless, and working your average "restaurant job" really doesn't do it for me, I mean say $12 and hour 40 hours a week, that's what, $480 a week? I could make that in an day of cooking, I'd make about $150 per gram, so that'd be say, $3,000 for four hours of work. Now I mean, I really don't want to go to prison, something about being myself leads me to believe I'd quickly be shanked in my cell... But nonetheless, I just want to find a way to make good money soon, not work for peanuts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
vert_igo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Verti

Re: Methamphetamine - October 4th 2011, 12:06 PM

There was an explosion behind my friend's apartment recently that turned out to be a meth lab, and one of my former roommates was an organic chemistry student who concocted a whooole LOT of drugs and experimented in his free time. He was absolutely brilliant and very nice, but he literally went out of his mind on drug binges. Called the cops on himself because he thought he had a dead body in his room, threw his mattress out his window(idk how the hell he fit it) and ripped it up thinking there were snakes in there, tried to tunnel through the walls - thinking there was something bad or evil inside of them(he actually chipped away at the floor molding to the point where he put a hole in my other roommates closet wall) - among many other incidents, he was evicted eventually. I'm not saying you're going to go on drug binges and try and tunnel through walls or anything, just an interesting point.

I'm broke too. I'm a student in a big city, things are expensive, I work two jobs. Finances were so bad in September that I could barely afford to live on a diet of campbells tomato soup. It's no fun, but I just got my other job and decided to lighten my school load for the semester because I was running myself into the ground, suicidal thoughts and everything. I still work a lot, things are hectic but I feel more fulfilled, happier, have a wider social circle, and while I'm doing a tiny bit better financially, I'm still poor - I feel like everyone should be strapped for cash/flat out broke at least once in their lives. It's a valuable lesson and interesting experience, it makes you grateful for the things you do have and less desiring of things you don't need. So, just how badly DO you need this money? Is it worth the risk of serious jail time and pretty much effing up your future and making it even MORE difficult to make a living in the long run? Is it worth the physical danger of running a meth lab, putting yourself at risk(The violent crime where I live is largely concentrated to those involved in the illegal drug market - particularly the harder drugs in some way shape or form. Statistically, if you're buying, selling, running, producing - you've got a much higher chance of being targeted for violent crime most anywhere).

Cooking meth, is a textbook 'bad idea' - you're getting involved in something real dangerous in terms of the people you work with(selling said product), the actual act of creating it, and while I know you say that you would not use, how do you know if the product you're creating is of any "quality"? I don't think cooking meth is something that non-users tend to get into without becoming users - - typically. You're obviously not stupid, you know how devastating meth habits are, but as someone who cooks it you are running the risk of addiction.

Additionally, knowing the awful repercussions of using meth, would you REALLY be okay with enabling people like that?

I have not used hard street drugs. I don't plan on it. I do struggle with an addiction to prescriptions, including stimulants like adderall - which, while much safer and less potent than meth, produces a similar sort of high as any illegal stimulant. It is a VERY addictive feeling. There is a reason meth addicts continue to use despite the very obvious toll it takes on their health. Even if you or one of your friends try it once (no "Gateway drug" BS or blown out of porportion stuff here) there is a very strong chance you'll get addicted. Additionally, this is inevitably a very short term solution - how many people have you heard of who cook meth for 10 years without getting in trouble with the law or forming an addiction?

So re-evaluate how much you need that money. No one needs 400 dollars a day. If you want to make more money go about it in a legitimate and lasting way. The most obvious way to do this is to get a degree(though I know many people who live very comfortably without one because they got into a trade or niche). Restaurants generally promote from within, so do well and try and pursue a management position. Sell blood and plasma. Hell, if you're going to insist on doing something illegal and profitable, sell pot. I obviously cannot condone that, because you are still risking jail time - but it's going to be a lot less severe than the penalty for making and distributing meth, especially if it's decriminalized where you are.

Closed Thread