TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shattered_soul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Mum's onto me, please help quickly!!! - October 23rd 2011, 05:07 PM

Ive been out smoking weed today and I just came home and my mum said to me, "your pupils are telling a tale" so she obviously knows what I've been doing. She had to go out straight away so she's not here now but will be back in an hour to talk about it. She can't find out what I've been doing so I need something that I can tell her that she will believe. I just rang my friend and she said that I should say that someone else was smoking and I got "contact high". Is this believable? And also, I need a way to get my pupils back to normal quickly? Please don't tell me just to tell her because you don't understand how worse everything will get if I do. Please please reply, I'm really starting to freak out here, I've even thought about suicide or running away just to avoid this conversation.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dean Beirne Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mum's onto me, please help quickly!!! - October 23rd 2011, 05:27 PM

suicide or running away wont get you anywhere, smoking weed is basically slowly killing yurself, yu should tale to yur mom about this, but explain the reason why you do it, shes your mom, she isnt gonna kill yu mate, dont be afraid to tlk about it, who knows yu may get the help you deserve and need

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TwistedSoul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyle

Re: Mum's onto me, please help quickly!!! - October 23rd 2011, 11:07 PM

Visine will help with your eyes (The one for red/irritated eyes works best).
You should just tell your mom the truth. Tell her you were smoking weed, and if there is a reason behind it maybe bring that up as well if you feel comfortable to.
She's your mom, and although she may get upset she will still love you at the end of the day. Everyone makes mistakes.
Though I know a few friends who have used the 'my friend's were smoking weed but I wasn't' excuse and it works..but I think their parent's still knew, its just one of those things parents don't want to hear that their kids are doing so even if their evidence a lot of them just ignore it to a certain point.
Just breathe, relax, and talk to her.
Best of luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Mum's onto me, please help quickly!!! - October 24th 2011, 01:13 AM

Lying to her will end up biting you in the ass. Hard.

Pinning the blame on the imaginary friend won't work, because you mom will want to know who, and this obviously will unravel your plan quickly. Even if you lie and pin it on a friend, it will become obvious that it really wasn't them. So "contact high" will more than likely not work.

I would recomend being truthful because you mother will catch you in another lie, and it will screw you big time. If you're at least honest she'll probably be easier on you. Just like when the stole the cookies from that jar when you were six, telling the truth is likely going to save you big time, and no matter how sneaky you thought you were, she's already got it figured out.

Be honest, or better yet, get clean. This isn't something you'll be proud of one day.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tonight Offline
Average Joe

Re: Mum's onto me, please help quickly!!! - October 24th 2011, 02:25 AM

Honestly she probably already has her mind up that you smoked weed so I highly doubt the "contact high" lie will work.

Just try to talk to her about it,she might be mad at first but I'm sure with time she'll calm down.I think the worst that'll happen is she yells at you and tells you never to do it again.

You wonder why I never smile anymore,but with broken homes come broken smiles.

Has the acidic rain burned a hole so deep,that we don't care what's beneath our feet?

I'm a freak and my best friend is a pirate-ninja-dinosaur,what a unique friendship!

My heart is so numb,that I can't feel it breaking

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread