TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ElToroLoco Offline
Sometimes fun costs you...
Average Joe

Name: Zorro

Unhappy Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 04:04 AM

You cannot read this because i have edited the post..so.... w/e

Last edited by ElToroLoco; March 27th 2009 at 06:11 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Seeen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 04:09 AM

only one outta those ive done is E and ill tell you straight up E is probably one of the funniest drugs you can be on. If your in the right situation (clubs etc) and its amazing. That is until you come down, you feel like shit you start to sweat you hear your heart and it thumps loud as fuck occasionally. E is extremely bad for you aswell lol cause it can be cut with anything. It really isnt worth the risk that comes with it and i dont plan on doing it again but i wont lie to you its fun as fuck. Both time i've done e tho i didnt sleep for 30+ hours and didnt eat from the time i was high until the time i woke up after staying up for that long so probably like 18-20 hours without eating

(#3 (permalink)) Old
four Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 04:38 AM

I am not going to adress whatever moral implications society has placed on hallucinogens, however I will make a few points. All drugs come with risks, in general it is just not a great idea for your health to be doing them, while on hallucinogens you could also end up doing something stupid that you would not normally do, potentially dangerous.

Hallucinogens are a very strong and delicate thing to play with, you need to be comfortable with your mind, yourself, your surroundings, and the people you are with. If you miss any of those things, you can end up in a pretty bad state.

Hallucinogens have also been shown to be a catalyst for mental disorders that are underlying, not necessarily causing them, but bringing them to the surface, your mind does some very interesting things.

That being said... they are a hell of a thing... if treated with respect, and a little regard for your well being is discarded...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ElToroLoco Offline
Average Joe

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 06:45 AM

i would appreciate it if you guys provide a link to the source where you got this information.

Edit: well turns out LSD and mushrooms are not even addicting and do not have extremely harmful side effects. from what i've read there is no proof that they cause brain damage. im considering tryin them. at least once, maybe.

Last edited by ElToroLoco; March 23rd 2009 at 07:43 AM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 02:34 PM

Well firstly, Shrooms;
Magic mushrooms contain psilocin and psilocybin. These compounds are psychedelics. They will cause an effect similar to a "trip" on LSD. Loss of reality may be experienced and severe anxiety and paranoia can occur. You may experience a bad trip. If you are insistant on trying shrooms, please start with a small dose! [i can't stress that enough]
LSD;
When affects of LSD have worn off you can feel exhuasted & often depressed. Also, you may well experience flash-backs. Also, it can exaserbate any current mental health problems like depression.
Ecstasy;
Some people have died after taking just one tablet. There is evidence to suggest that Ecstasy damages nerve endings in the brain, and can also cause short-term memory loss. Also, mixing ecstasy with other drugs is really dangerous.

From personal experience, i've never experienced any of the side affects stated with ecstasy, although that's not to say it doesn't happen.

Just make sure you're aware of the risks before jumping in and trying these drugs just because this girl does. Also, just because this girl reacts a certain way to drugs and likes them, doesn't mean you will. Everyone is different, and some people have a no problems, where as some people can suffer terribly on trips. It all depends.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Seeen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 06:20 PM

LOL BOSS

listen

mushrooms my friend had a bad trip cause it was laced with ghb and coke and such and he tried to kill himself and thought people were god and shit ok theres a bad side effect

LSD my friend was high for 48 hours just fucked up, you can do dumb shit on LSD

E - i vaguely know someone who died from it through a friend of a friend

all have risks only drug which is remotely safe is weed

(#7 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeen View Post
LOL BOSS

listen

mushrooms my friend had a bad trip cause it was laced with ghb and coke and such and he tried to kill himself and thought people were god and shit ok theres a bad side effect

LSD my friend was high for 48 hours just fucked up, you can do dumb shit on LSD

E - i vaguely know someone who died from it through a friend of a friend

all have risks only drug which is remotely safe is weed
Yeah i'd agree with that, and even weed has it's risks.

I also know someone who died from taking E, the sister of a friend of mine. Definitely has its dangers.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BardofSongs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 09:51 PM

Everything has a risk to it, you've just got to weigh the risk to the experience. In my opinion, most drugs are worth trying once just to understand the experience. I've personally tried a few of the casual drugs, and the only one I'd even bother trying again is E. Everything else was just boring as hell. (Except maybe doing 2-3 tabs of acid at once.)

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Seeen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 23rd 2009, 11:00 PM

also i know someone who used to make E and sell it and he used to piss and shit in the tub he had his batch in LOL

(#10 (permalink)) Old
ElToroLoco Offline
Average Joe

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 24th 2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeen View Post
also i know someone who used to make E and sell it and he used to piss and shit in the tub he had his batch in LOL
how many times have u been banned now?

"I hate that my blood makes me crazy. I hate that I can't function without being chemically altered...
And inside I feel like tears are streaming down my cheeks. But they're not are they...
I'm so lost inside. I wish that i could get out. But I don't think I ever will..."

(#11 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 24th 2009, 02:23 PM

Honestly, if you aren't sure about the effects of hallucinogens, but want to try them, you.need.to.plan.your.day.out. Make sure you have a good place to trip like a secluded forest or a house without parents. Plan what you're going to have with you. Water is essential. Just brace yourself for it. It's not likely you'll get anything laced, because typically if that's the case, the dealer will want more money for the drugs he or his dealer paid for to put in those shrooms.

Hallucinogens and their effects are often taken completely out of context. Mushrooms, if not done like everyday are generally harmless fun. Same goes with acid. You just need to be aware of the things you're doing and have someone experienced or sober to watch over you the first time. You never know what type of hallucination you'll get but as long as you're happy and excited about it, you'll have fun. You just can't be tired or dreading it, because if you feel that way and you're about to trip...it's fucked up and scary. I was tired right before i tripped on acid one night and all i hallucinated was scenes from the Exorcist and it was awful:X If you trip on shrooms, try starting out with just a half 8th and if you like it, eat the rest of the 8th.

With ecstasy, it's not always easy to tell what's in it. It could be a total meth bomb, which means you feel extremely speedy and dirty and it's just not that fun. You can usually tell what a good pill is by how neat the imprint is on the pill and if you taste it and it tastes NASTY then yeeah you've more often that not got true X. With ecstasy it releases large amounts of serotonin into your body making it feel like a neverending orgasm to say the least lol. You love everyone, you want to be touched, want to dance, want to hug etc. This is very bad for you if you do it often. Like they said in Weeds, its like taking ice cream scoops out of your brain if you do it all the time. You just have to see that doing a drug seldom or on occasion typically won't hurt you, but there are always risks.

I am pro experimenting. Not pro drugs in anyway. I just believe that by trying a drug at some point in your life gives you a new perspective on life and opens a door to a new world for us to peek into for a few hours. I'm very careful with what I do and usually I just smoke weed, but it's shroom season so i'm gonna be alllll over that lol. Please just be careful and keep us updated. If you ever get scared or start to trip badly, just remember that it's all in your head and that it's just silly fun. Put a happy movie like yellow submarine or alice in wonderland on. It really helps good luck!

Last edited by peaceSRC; March 24th 2009 at 02:29 PM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Drugs - Both sides offer good arguments - March 28th 2009, 03:45 PM

Javier,

I care about you so much. I don't want you to do anything that would put yourself in danger. Yes, taking hallucinogens puts you at a great risk to yourself. There are better ways to have fun. There are better ways to experience life. One of my biggest mistakes is starting drugs. I don't want to see you make that same mistake. You are smarter than that. You are stronger than that. You are better than that. You don't need drugs. You don't need them now and you won't ever need them. Just because a substance isn't addictive doesn't make it save or even a good idea to try. This is not a good idea. These things are illegal for a reason. The reason being they are not safe. You could end up in the hospital, in jail, with great psychological trauma, or possibly even dead. Your life is worth more than one new drug experience. You are worth so much more then that Javier. I am here for you if you ever want to talk. You know I care so much about you. Please make the right decision. I know you are smart enough not to make the same mistakes I did. Hang in there and be smart.

*I am going to go ahead and close this thread because the OP deleted the original problem/discussion. If anyone has a problem with this or would like the thread reopened please do not hesitate to PM me.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

Last edited by soul; March 28th 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Closed Thread