TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ooobles Offline
Imma Nerdd!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michael

Unhappy My friend know some people that are doing drugs, and I don't know how I can help. - November 8th 2011, 01:21 AM

I'm a 14 yr old guy, I don't want to get involved into ANY of this kind of stuff. EVER. But my friend, (Lets refer to her as Jacey, thats not her name.) Jacey, is unwilling to tell me who exactly and may be contacting the guidance counselor at this very moment (8:19pm EST USA). What can I do to help in this situation, because she feels terrible every day about knowing this, and I think she may be on a long road to depression, :/.

Please help me soon.

Thanks

-Ooobles

Prescilla, You will always be my bestest bro. Hope you feel like a boss!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Katie

Re: My friend know some people that are doing drugs, and I don't know how I can help. - November 8th 2011, 04:52 AM

Welcome to TH Michael, It might be the way I read it, but I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Are you saying that "Jacey" knows people who do drugs and might be contacting the guidance counselor to help them? I think it's good that you don't want to get involved in drugs or anything like that and I'm glad you want to help her and them get away from it. Telling the guidance counselor is a good start, but you have to be careful not to get too involved in it. I'm not saying that you or she would get sucked into anything, but it can be a lot of added and unnecessary stress for the two of you. You'll have to decide if staying friends with them, once you know who it is, is worth possibly being exposed to drugs. If not, you'll have to let the friendships go. I'm not saying it would be easy, but if they're into something you don't want to be a part of you'll have to seperate yourself from them.

Let "Jacey" know that you support her reaching out to get them help, if she decides to do so, but also that people are going to do what they want and if they choose to continue to do drugs, it isn't worth her getting upset and stressed out over what someone else chooses to do. She will have to make the same choice as to whether to stay friends with them or not.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012
Associate LHO October 13, 2012

Closed Thread