TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Post Substance Abuse - December 30th 2011, 06:16 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

In the past I used over the counter drugs to ease my pain at times I took a hand full at a time (5-10 pills) it never once made me feel sick just dizzy and tired. I want to take pills now to ease my pain, emotional pain. I just don't know what to do anymore. Like, I want to get better but I keep having this devil and angel on my shoulders telling this and that and it's pissing me off. Any advice.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Substance Abuse - December 30th 2011, 07:05 PM

Listen to the angle on your right shoulder she's never going steer you wrong, in life we are faced with problems and challenges and how we go about dealing with them impacts our future. People that give up didn't exhaust every option. Drugs are a bandage for the underlying problem, whatever that maybe needs to be correct to stop the snowball effect of more compounding issues. You should be proud that you've managed to stop using prescriptions to ease the pain, I know the temptations are rough but you can over come it, and for that you'll be a stronger person.

I struggled with drug use as well its vital that you don't take any drugs to cope, otherwise its just like taking one step forward and two steps back. Please just endure and try to cope with your emotions and issues in constructive ways that are both healthier, and a means to an end. I wish you all the best, I know this post was writing objectively with no real direction however I didn't have much to go off of from what you've given me. Just know that people do care about you.

Closed Thread